Forums > General > ECoTY DVD

ECOTY DVD
Previous | 12 | Next

I rally enjoyed the video, I hope it becomes a regular ECoty
feature. Best watched after reading the result. I still think the stills are better quality than the video, my only anorack complaint is that surely the point of a DVD is so it brings the pictures and sound together, so I think there should have been more gratuatous stationary engine reving.
Dickie M seems a decent bloke.
I also liked the clip of tiff spinning the Mac at the end.

--

Congratulations, you came second.

I agree, it was a great idea, and well put together. I hope we get it every year... no matter how good the journos are, they can never do justice to the noises in prose!

I'm so glad I read the article before watching it though, I would have definitely felt robbed doing it the other way round.

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Agreed, it's obvious in hindsight, but it should have been labelled with "spoiler alert" just to help prevent those who were tempted to play it first but didn't want to know the result.

Having said that, I reckon that's less than 1% of the readership... :lol:

They did one about 10 years ago and I always thought it should have been a regular feature that would help sell more copies.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Was the one 10 years ago where they put the banana skins in the Zonda exhaust?

IIRC it was just a few clips and bits, wasn't anywhere near as polished and coherent as this one.

Edit - Shit the bed, that was a decade ago?!:(

Updated November 5, 2012 at 9:54 AM

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

Yeah that's the one. Of course it wasn't as good as this one, they've had years of practice making videos for the website and iPad edition now, but it was a great extra.

Updated November 5, 2012 at 9:57 AM

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

David_Yu said...

Agreed, it's obvious in hindsight, but it should have been labelled with "spoiler alert" just to help prevent those who were tempted to play it first but didn't want to know the result.

Erm, why would you possibly watch a DVD whose cover is comprised of the words 'Car Of The Year 2012' and expect not to be told the winner in it? :lol:

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

Jobbo said...

David_Yu said...

Erm, why would you possibly watch a DVD whose cover is comprised of the words 'Car Of The Year 2012' and expect not to be told the winner in it? :lol:

I was very disappointed to find that when flicking through the mag, one of the pages at the end of the test also gave away the result!

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 316d

Don't get me wrong, I was very happy to have it. As I said, hearing the sounds, and also in some way getting a feel for the testing environment is always. I hope they carry it on.

Next year has already got some early contenders 12C Spider (will end up the same as this one), F12, haven't read the article, but sounds like the new DB9 could be a surprise contender as well.

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

Mark BT52 said...

Jobbo said...

David_Yu said...

I was very disappointed to find that when flicking through the mag, one of the pages at the end of the test also gave away the result!

I went to that page first.

Then I watched the DVD.

I've still to read the full article.

Should I up my self-flagellation regime? :?

Jobbo said...

David_Yu said...

Pretty sure the one 10 years ago didn't reveal the winner.;)

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

The DVD was great, I hope to see more DVDs in the future.

duncs500 said...

Jobbo said...

David_Yu said...

They've obviously learned that the winner is appropriate to mention after a decade old error ;)

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

duncs500 said...

Jobbo said...

David_Yu said...

Exactly, it was more of a support "behind the scenes" DVD.

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Noble fan said...

The DVD was great, I hope to see more DVDs in the future.

+1

loved it

--

Making pancake mix on your mums pancake tits

WIBBLE

duncs500 said...

Was the one 10 years ago where they put the banana skins in the Zonda exhaust?

IIRC it was just a few clips and bits, wasn't anywhere near as polished and coherent as this one.

Edit - Shit the bed, that was a decade ago?!:(

:shock: lifted me. I remember having an argument with Roger Green I think about how someone should put the video on Kazaa so that international readers could access it.

I did get hold of the footage thanks to a generous forum person, to whom I probably still owe a pint...

So what car won this year?

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Thoroughly enjoyable half an hour vid, that 8)

Well done evo bods, more of the same next year please, of course! :D

Oh and make sure you watch it past the credits at the end for a few out-takes....

got my EVO 177 this week and guess what? There was no DVD.

:evil:

Called Dennis publishing, but they are out of stock.

Where can I get one now?

mik said...

I went to that page first.

Then I watched the DVD.

I've still to read the full article.

Should I up my self-flagellation regime? :?

This. I turn to the winners page first every year.

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

My youngest hogging the headphones. He very helpfully pointed at the screen and shouted "car, car" all the way through. :D

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular