Forums > evo magazine > GTR time still wrong

GTR TIME STILL WRONG
Previous | 1 | Next

Hi there..

David Yu has mentioned this a couple of times and still the old 2008 GTR time is there on the Bedford laptimes.

the 2011 version did it about 3 seconds quicker.. so just wondering about why its not been updated?

cheers

Hi Peter, I answered this on the GTR forum after I asked Ev who said:

"The 2012 GT-R lap isn’t on the leaderboard because Tiff used the kerbs while setting the time. Not his fault – it was his first Track Battle for us and we hadn’t made him aware that we stay off the kerbs (to ensure consistency), so he did what any racer would do to get a fast lap!

Unfortunately we didn’t realise he’d made use of the kerbs until we checked the VBOX data and on-board video back in the office, and by that time it was too late to redo the laps. So while the comparison with the 991 Carrera S for that particular Track Battle was valid, it wouldn’t be fair to put the time recorded for either car on the leaderboard because they would appear faster than they should."

I've put it to the team that getting a 2012 or maybe 2013 figured according to protocols should be a priority, especially the 2008 model published may even have still had its 180km/h limiter in place!

However my car does get its laptime published in the next issue (178) and although it won't be on the leaderboard (being a modified car) I think the result was pretty stunning.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular