Forums > Moaning forum > Fake Vents

FAKE VENTS
Previous | 123 | Next

Since when did this particular bit of frippery become so bloody entrenched? Have the skivvy wearing Arteests invaded every corner of the automotive world preaching this form over function farce?

Engineeringubermensch Porche's new Boxster S Double you tee Eff..... I can imagine them in Stuttgart now.

Stylist. "That centre inlet looks great on a Gee Tee Thee Turbo S darling, can we please have something similar on zee Bohxster"
Engineer "we don't need it"
Stylist "Bud id looks zoo gud darling zee CEO vill lurv it as I lurv him"
Engineer "I hate you so much"
FAKE

Step forward Exige S, simplicate and add uselss plastic crap.
"Everyone will think we're doing something super clever like high pressure wheel vents or rear mount coolers when all we really want is this half arsed piece of plastic because we can't think of anything interesting to put under the taillights"
FAKITY

Focus RS MOAR VENTS MOAR MOAR MOAR MOAR
"I really think the fast Ford fan wants to see vents, lots and lots of vents" A freaking ABOMINATION and as unsubtle as shotgun three inches below the berret of a no nothing pencil pushing pinhead.
FAAAAAAARRRRRRR-AKE

Audi R8
"Vorschprung lurch fake plastic vents" Those sideblades look cool but half of them do NOTHING!
The front is pretty dodgy too

Grills and vents are for cooling dimwits, a plastic fake vent with faked grill texture says ur a bloody tosspot with nfi about car design.

jks :D
No really, I love you all.
Come here and give us a hug you fluffly cashmere scarfed 'artists.

Updated November 1, 2012 at 8:43 PM

You know what, the timing could not be better. Just reading the article on the front page, styling upgrades for the Mac MP4-12C. GOBSMACKED to see fake vents on the front wings near the bonnets, for the love of god. Have you no shame?
Halfords styling on a McLaren?
And RE the RS Focus, I couldn't agree more. Until recently the ST (pictured in my avatar) were my daily wheels. I maintain it is a better looking car than the RS, which looks all Max Power by comparison

--

www.leatherbetter.co.uk
Make imperfect leather brand new again.

Can we add mock diffusers to this list? They irritate me waaaay more than fake vents!

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

duncs500 said...

Can we add mock diffusers to this list? They irritate me waaaay more than fake vents!

Nothing annoys me more than what appear to be base spec Fiesta Mk7s with those on them:

Yes, because you always see Fiestas lacking downforce at 120mph on Eau Rouge. And at 12mph in Tescos car park.

duncs500 said...

i always laugh at mine

Audis fake coffee can exhausts always wind me up, remind me of this

50bhp FREE :lol:

Updated November 2, 2012 at 6:00 AM

--

Making pancake mix on your mums pancake tits

WIBBLE

I have no issue with fake vents, the S1 Exige has plenty of them. They help break up what would otherwise be a plain/bland panel.

Can we add fake/OTT exhaust :x:

Dr.(tbc) Alex said...

Can we add fake/OTT exhaust

But you can almost excuse it on cheap cars trying to punch above their weight, what irks me is when you see it on cars like Ferraris/Lambos

duncs500 said...

I saw a Kia Rio with one this morning. It had plastic wheel trims and a diffuser. FFS.

Updated November 2, 2012 at 9:56 AM

--

Out of step with the forum.

exiges said...

I have no issue with fake vents, the S1 Exige has plenty of them. They help break up what would otherwise be a plain/bland panel.

Lighter and cheaper without them though......
And more interesting styling can be done on any panel, especially easy in FRP.

argh!

Do the vents on the MR2 on your pic actually do anything? Mine are just drains for the hood.

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

the side vent on the rear of a mk1 mr2 is the air intake

--

Making pancake mix on your mums pancake tits

WIBBLE

Si_ said...

Do the vents on the MR2 on your pic actually do anything? Mine are just drains for the hood.

RHS has the intake and a thermo cooling fan, LHS on my pic is a mod so is just more air. Top vents flow to the A2A IC on an SC car but mine were just general cooling as I'd gone W2A IC.

Man I miss that car :cry:

Sniffed aroud a DB9 the other day, OCD kicked in and NOOOoooo! Front brake ducts are Faken not stirred :evil:

Si_ said...

Left hand side feeds the pipe to the air intake.

:?

--

Whiskey is my yoga

There was a guy on PH who bought a Lambo then superglued a fake air scoop to the roof :lol:

--

Large format print & graphics

I think I have fake vents - the shame...

--

Cheers

Rich

Sisu said...

:?

That's one of the most offensive. They can't do anything if they're mounted there on the door.

Previous | 123 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular