Forums > General > Skoda Yeti 1.8 TSI 4X4

SKODA YETI 1.8 TSI 4X4
Previous | 12 | Next

I drove a Skoda Yeti 1.8 Tsi yesterday and quite liked it, was remapped by ABT to power went from 160hp to over 200hp and the torque from 184lb/ft to 220lb/ft.

Similar power and weight to Fugly but the Forester felt like it had more grunt. Probably not much in it though. The Yeti had more body roll and felt so much better built and put together it was like chalk and cheese. Suffers with aerodynamic issues as the Forester as acceleration is blunted over 90mph and there is some wind noise around the upper A post / screen. Had only done 4k miles so the engine not really loosed up yet, as it still felt a bit tight.

Economy didn't seem particularly good but for practicality very similar to the Yeti. Lots of rear seat configurations and you can even remove the rear seats completely.

170hp Diesel version might make more sense but looking at the 2nd hand marker 170hp 4x4 versions command a premium with the 1.8Tsi probably the best value for money. It's about the best equivalent car to the Forester I can find unless you know different, as Ugly too :D

Updated November 1, 2012 at 7:54 AM

You considering buying one? They seem to be well liked.

How much is it up for? This is the Skoda which I'd like:

Clicky

Updated November 1, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Friend at work has one ( the yeti) he has nothing but praise for it.
And Jobbo that Superb looks ...... Tempting

--

Xbox & PS3 tag: daveycG60

It's a work mate of mine but looks like a 40k miler for 13k and a 10k mile one for 16k or so.

Jobbo said...

Clicky

+1....a Superb 1.8 TSI or 2.0 TDI 170 would do the job fine:D

davec said...

'til you look at the performance and economy figures which are pretty poor by modern standards

I like the Yeti but they always seemed a bit expensive for what they are.

Does the Octavia Scout not appeal? Bigger boot too.

Ah Merv its all about the waft .

Swervin_Mervin said...

davec said...

'til you look at the performance and economy figures which are pretty poor by modern standards

Well yes, the 3.6 isn't the economical one, but it's the one I'd want.

simongardner said...

I like the Yeti but they always seemed a bit expensive for what they are.

Does the Octavia Scout not appeal? Bigger boot too.

Boot only bigger with the seats up, Yeti has the bigger overall boot. Doesn't appeal anyway and similar mileage cars are similar prices.

Jobbo said...

Swervin_Mervin said...

davec said...

Well yes, the 3.6 isn't the economical one, but it's the one I'd want.

I spotted it on PH as well and was having a good look at them - I'm sure they'll be a bargain in a couple of years especially in estate form. But, a bit like the 159 3.2, I just can't see past the equivalent BMW when you start looking at the stats.

Jobbo said...

Not by the trade. Only 11% of dealers who would buy Skodas would have a Yeti.

Updated November 1, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Yetis are well liked by reviewers and owners - perhaps the traders' view will change over time? Actually, probably not :laugh: I wouldn't expect to buy one and see it hold it's value.

Bid in the balls then by the sounds of it

Over the Roomster? Really? :lol:

The Skoda dealers I've been to have normally been desperate for Yeti stock. They seem to be bought more by older types though who tend to buy in cash and keep a while longer. That said, it's coming up to the time when early ones will be out of 3 year PCP deals so there may be more soon.

action jack84 said...

Ah Merv its all about the waft .

Been doing a lot of this in the 740. A relaxing way of getting about.

--

BMW Car Magazine

Jobbo said...

Clicky

If that was the estate it'd be perfect. A lot of car for the money.

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

Been tooling for a few hours in a 170 Diesel Yeti with DSG 8) I want one :(

The Forester really is showing it's age.

Only the 2nd DSG car I've driven and well impressed.

We have a Skoda approved centre in the village and they seem to have a regular throughput of Yetis. I quite like them as they seem to be quite similar to the CRV but with a gutsier engine.

What sort of average mpg did you get in the 1.8TSi out of interest?

I am put of the Octavia Scout by the blanked cutout on the rear bumper for twin exhausts either side when it only has them on the one. I assume it is the same part as for Allroad of some number or other.

1.8 was late 20's, Diesel was 40 and I was hanging about. I miss an Automatic if I'm honest and the torque of the Diesel did seem to suit it well.

Boot floor is a bit high but still fairly practical, the seats configuration options are great for what I'd use it for.

Didn't like the leather seats though, would have to be cloth or alcantara

Updated February 21, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular