Forums > Ask evo > Anti-Scottish sentiment...

ANTI-SCOTTISH SENTIMENT...
Previous | 1 | Next

...is rife throughout this forum and it would appear EVO Towers. I've just read David Ferguson's 'Scot Free' letter in the latest EVO which is a typical attack on the 'self-congratulatory' Scots, who are deficient in both culinary skill and phonetic ability. The fact that EVO published it just further evidences the power that the little Troll Salmond has in making the English (including EVO staff) believe that we all hate each other. Salmond speaks for a very small percentage of the population (less than 28%) and was elected on the back of a 'none of the above' vote, so for fVck's sake let's stop the xenophobic bullshit, because Cricket aside, we're almost culturally identical.

Updated November 12, 2012 at 8:04 PM

I love the Scots <3

--

Entirely pointless

I think you might be guilty of the "tar with the same brush" as the dafty that wrote the letter in question.

The only thing I have noticed on the forum is light hearted and very much tit for tat.

As to the comments by EVO contributors tbh it appears to be poor metaphor making skills rather than bigotry!

Hi 987C

The letters page should perhaps come with a caveat along the lines of "the opinions expressed by our readers do not necessarily reflect those of evo magazine or its employees".

For the record, there is no anti-Scottish sentiment here at evo, and nor would we want our readers to think there was such.

Hi Ian

I think David's opinion is his own and we all understand that. The decision to publish however will be viewed differently depending on your perspective.

I was sure Nick was Scottish with his ginger hair (before he decided to dye it):D

987C said...

Hi Ian
I think David's opinion is his own and we all understand that. The decision to publish however will be viewed differently depending on your perspective.

That's a fair point.

From my perspective, I read that page before it went to print and did note the comments in that particular letter. The question I asked myself at the time was whether my Scottish relatives would find it offensive, and I concluded that they would just laugh it off (and likely make some comment involving the word "Sassenach").

Obviously, it seems not everyone will react to it the same way. It's something we'll keep in mind for the future.

Updated October 16, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Ian Eveleigh said...

The question I asked myself at the time was whether my Scottish relatives would find it offensive, and I concluded that they would just laugh it off (and likely make some comment involving the word "Sassenach").

Bloody English! So presumptuous! ;)

--

Romantic BDSM

Gloucester's answer to Eddie Jordan

bottom line, if it keeps rubbish English drivers off our roads........:D

Daddydadbo said...

bottom line, if it keeps rubbish English drivers off our roads........:D

This. Bloody sassenach daytrippers :lol:

--

I often drive for a road travel

987C said...

Hi Ian

I agree with this.
The fact that Evo printed the letter, doesn't mean that they agree with it, but it is ratification that they think viewpoint is valid.

I'm not upset at the letter being printed, just disappointed. I think it was a bad editorial decision, and one which, on balance, isn't likely to enhance the magazine or its readership, but is quite likely to have a negative effect.

You have to ask, was it worth the risk for no pay-off?

Chicks with posh Scottish accents are hot!

Updated November 12, 2012 at 9:11 PM

--

Bristol SuperYachts

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular