Forums > Gaming forum > More games.. X-Com Unknown

MORE GAMES.. X-COM UNKNOWN
Previous | 12 | Next

Gah, even if I gave up my day job I wouldn't have enough time to play all these games.. I fired up Dragons Dogma yesterday only to be overwhelmed by how little of it I'd finished..

And today I downloaded (from Steam) the X-Com Unknown demo.. it's a turn based strategy RTS from Firaxis.

Some good RPG elements in there. It doesn't seem to system intensive either, running fine will all graphics settings up to max. There's a seemingly good storyline as well. The good thing with this game I guess, is that being turned based you can save at any time, making it a good pick up and play game.

I bought Darksiders2 a few days back and haven't even touched that.

Tried out the demo but wont be buying at full price as I cant justify it with all the other new games already stacked up on the pile.

--

Bunta's Tofu

Bunta said...

Tried out the demo but wont be buying at full price as I cant justify it with all the other new games already stacked up on the pile.

Yep, same here. I watched a QuickLook and it looks like it could be a bit on the slow side pace wise too. When it comes up in a Steam Sale at 50%+ off I'll probably snap it up.

is this a later version of the Xcom for a few years back ?

--

GiraffeIT.com / Installations / Support / Training
evo featured Renault Megane R26 (c) Barry Club.

andybond said...

Yup. New version released this week

Might just have to have a go at this then .

--

I loved the PC version of this. Will definitely check out the demo.

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

exiges said...

andybond said...

Yup. New version released this week

I was massively into that game as a youth:

I loved discovering the technology, and developing it. I managed to complete it by accident as well.8)

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

If you can't cast a gooey blob, I'm out.

Seems there's alot of dissapointed XCom-originalies who say that its "ok" but very much dumbed down version of the 90's classic.

That being said, reviews are very positive. Probably from those who never played the original...

--

ClubLupo

It was rage inducing hard if I remember rightly..

--

andybond said...

:D Hence why I only mananged to complete it by accident. Going to the alien base I had no expectation other than coming away with a crushing defeat. Then one of my blokes fired a missile in the right place (I think of his own accord), and managed to win the battle unexpectedly.

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

andybond said...

As is the new one apparently

I found the original OK in terms of difficulty. But I did dedicate my life to it. I have other things to do nowadays...

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

:shock: I didn't even realise it was on PS3, thought it would be PC only. As I'm expecting a period of skintness imminently, I might have to invest in this.

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

duncs500 said...

:shock: I didn't even realise it was on PS3, thought it would be PC only. As I'm expecting a period of skintness imminently, I might have to invest in this.

Download the demo to see how good it is :D

exiges said...

duncs500 said...

Download the demo to see how good it is :D

There's a demo to download on PS3? I just can't keep up with all this technology. Cheers, I'll give it a go.:)

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

exiges said...

andybond said...

As is the new one apparently

For the love of my tv in the hallway , I shall resist this then.

--

Downloaded the demo last night, but took forever so went past my bed time. :(

Should have time for a little play tonight though.

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

Just finished the demo, took longer to download than to play! I really liked it though, it's basically an up to date version of the original. I felt like a bit of suspense from the original was missing, and they've taken away a bit of mystery by showing you a lot earlier on what you're faced with, but I'm hoping that the scope to discover more will be extensive.

I thought the turn based system was fairly slick and a improvement on the original.

I'll be buying it when I can.

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular