Forums > Moaning forum > Assange

ASSANGE
Previous | 12 | Next

Julian Assange is again proving what a scumbag he is. His backers that put up money to cover his bail are now having to fork over the cash because he hasn't surrendered himself.

So, he won't face his charges in a court of law, he'll let his friends cough up thousands of pounds so he can hide in the Ecuadorian embassy.

If I were one of his friends, I'd drag him out of there myself. Twat.

--

Jobbo said...

Rev is correct, of course

I think that's the least of his crimes, but yeah, what a twunt.

Totally and utterly disagree.

On the basis that all he has to do to meet his bail requirements is report to the police, he should say hello to the ones stationed at the end of the corridor.

Interesting that our govt refuses to acknowledge the concept of political asylum yet happily issues people with it themselves. Seems somewhat duplicitous to me.

Rev, do you really think he's not got a legitimate concern about ending up with a nice wee stay in Eastern Cuba and his morning wash being a sack over the pus?

--

Mash

Al_McD said...

Rev, do you really think he's not got a legitimate concern about ending up with a nice wee stay in Eastern Cuba and his morning wash being a sack over the pus?

No. He's odious.

Like, George Osborne odious.

--

"Drink, drugs and driving a black Porsche Carrera what a big brave man he is, also a father and husband, HOW SO VERY SCARY!!!!!!!"

Al_McD said...

On the basis that all he has to do to meet his bail requirements is report to the police, he should say hello to the ones stationed at the end of the corridor.

Interesting that our govt refuses to acknowledge the concept of political asylum yet happily issues people with it themselves. Seems somewhat duplicitous to me.

No. If the Yanks wanted him, we'd have handed him over. There is nothing about going to Sweden that makes it more likely he'll end up in Gitmo.

He can fuck off. Don't set yourself up as the arbiter of truth and justice and the western worlds conscience and then lock yourself in a cupboard when it starts looking dodgy.

--

Jobbo said...

SimonB said...

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how wrong it may be.

--

Jobbo said...

NotoriousREV said...

SimonB said...

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how wrong it may be.

You are right about that which is something to be proud of.

Drive down the road behind the embassy and you'll see how much taxpayers money is being pissedaway on Asshat and this ridiculous facade.

--

Tim

M135i 8 Speed Auto. Alpine White. Faster than Yu.

NotoriousREV said...

Al_McD said...

No. If the Yanks wanted him, we'd have handed him over. There is nothing about going to Sweden that makes it more likely he'll end up in Gitmo.

He can fuck off. Don't set yourself up as the arbiter of truth and justice and the western worlds conscience and then lock yourself in a cupboard when it starts looking dodgy.

How would that have worked? He wasn't held here long was he? My understanding was that he bolted for the embassy before any extradition shenanigans could take place.

It does show our govt up in a poor light though. Even though it's the Swedes that are after him, they don't appear to have shown anywhere near the lack of respect for his asylum.

IMO we should just get him horsed oot and leave whoever wants him hunt him down.
None of his offences were alleged to have taken place in the UK, were they?
So why's he our problem?

I believe once upon a time the yanks believed they had the right to scoop folk up from wherever they wanted. What is it about us that makes it so difficult for them to come and get him?

--

Mash

You're misunderstanding my point.

He went to court to fight extradition to Sweden because he reckoned he'd then get extradited to the US and the charges in Sweden were purely a political move to allow this to happen. My point is, regardless of whether he went to Sweden, the Yanks could just as easily have him extradited from here without having to trump up charges in Sweden.

It was only after he lost his fight to stay here that he moved in with the Ecuadorians.

--

Jobbo said...

Al_McD said...

I believe once upon a time the yanks believed they had the right to scoop folk up from wherever they wanted. What is it about us that makes it so difficult for them to come and get him?

This is exactly the point. If the 'Muricans wanted him, they could have requested his extradition from here directly long ago. It'd be more difficult to extradite him from Sweden as it would require the consent of both the UK and Sweden.

Further, both the UK and Sweden are bound by EU/ECHR law which prevents then from extraditing parties to states where there is a likeliehood of torture and/or the death penalty.

In short, he's a preening cunt whose self-importance got the better of him. Now that everyone has got bored of him, his rampant ego will not allow him to fade back into obscurity, meaning he attempts to stay in the limelight by any means necessary.

--

"Drink, drugs and driving a black Porsche Carrera what a big brave man he is, also a father and husband, HOW SO VERY SCARY!!!!!!!"

Maurice said...

Al_McD said...

This is exactly the point. If the 'Muricans wanted him, they could have requested his extradition from here directly long ago. It'd be more difficult to extradite him from Sweden as it would require the consent of both the UK and Sweden.

Further, both the UK and Sweden are bound by EU/ECHR law which prevents then from extraditing parties to states where there is a likeliehood of torture and/or the death penalty.

In short, he's a preening cunt whose self-importance got the better of him. Now that everyone has got bored of him, his rampant ego will not allow him to fade back into obscurity, meaning he attempts to stay in the limelight by any means necessary.

Has he been here long enough for the Americans to sort out extradition? (Bearing in mind that whilst here he's actually legally in Ecuador).

My point was more about the rendition aspect, and America's belief that their federal laws allow them to go and collect people from anywhere they like in the world when extradition is an inconvenience.

Anyway, he's no our problem so he can GTF. We should stop wasting money on him.
If the Swedes and Yanks have got such a horn for him they can scoop him themselves.

--

Mash

Al_McD said...

Maurice said...

Al_McD said...

Has he been here long enough for the Americans to sort out extradition? (Bearing in mind that whilst here he's actually legally in Ecuador).

My point was more about the rendition aspect, and America's belief that their federal laws allow them to go and collect people from anywhere they like in the world when extradition is an inconvenience.

Anyway, he's no our problem so he can GTF. We should stop wasting money on him.
If the Swedes and Yanks have got such a horn for him they can scoop him themselves.

He's been here long enough to use the legal system to appeal Sweden's arrest warrant in both the High Court and the Supreme Court, both of which wholly dismissed his case.

He was only granted asylum in June, he's been living in the UK since 2010.

I also see he continues to fight the good fight with current luminaries of the political world:

--

Maybe he doesn't want to go to Sweden as they refused him a residency permit.
If the case lasts longer than 30 days he'll get banged up as a visa overstayer.
:P

--

Mash

Maurice said...

He's been here long enough to use the legal system to appeal Sweden's arrest warrant in both the High Court and the Supreme Court, both of which wholly dismissed his case.

I also see he continues to fight the good fight with current luminaries of the political world:

Is that the Wicked Witch of The West?

Updated October 9, 2012 at 8:52 PM

--

Jobbo said...

NotoriousREV said...

Maurice said...

That's either Michelle Obama or Hilary Clinton obvs.

--

Maurice said...

NotoriousREV said...

Maurice said...

Oh. Right. And the one on the left?

--

Jobbo said...

Maurice said...

NotoriousREV said...

Maurice said...

No, it's quite obviously Madonna circa 1999 . . . . somehow.

--

Paddle faster, I hear banjos......

It's Lady Gaga.

Gutted my Witch of the West gag fell on deaf ears there. You've changed.

:cry:

--

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular