Forums > Gaming forum > Sleeping Dogs?

SLEEPING DOGS?
Previous | 12 | Next

The screenshots I've seen make it look like a weak Kayne & Lynch style game, but after seeing the Giant Bomb Quick Look it seems a riot.. Not as "dumbass" as Saints Riw but more entertaining than GTA IV .

Anyone else thinking of getting this?

It looks good, admittedly at first I was like "HOLY SH!T IT'S WATCHDOGS!!!" then realised it wasn't. I think I'll check my point for Game/Gamestation and if I have enough to get a reasonable discount I'll buy it, looks like a lot of fun. 8)

--

Stolen Orions on fire off the hard shoulder of the M8. I watched neds litter in the dark near the Tennents shop. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

I am half an hour in and it is very tasty so far.

batman fighting mechanics with easy handling cars and bikes. Also the graphics are pretty amazing in places - makes me want to visit HK again!

--

Bunta's Tofu

Might be worth a punt this then ..

--

GiraffeIT.com / Installations / Support / Training
evo featured Renault Megane R26 (c) Barry Club.

So far so good - GTA but better hand to hand combat and the shooting is a bit more fun as well.

If you like GTA style games then go grab it - its worth a gander.

--

Bunta's Tofu

Bunta said...

If you like GTA style games then go grab it - its worth a gander.

Well, I bought it on the PC and now I'm downloading the free hi-res texture pack they released. 8)

I've given it an hour, and it feels pretty good. There's an option on the PC to increase the population density and gives the town a hustle + bustle environment.. some of it reminds me of Blade Runner.

Some of the special kills are neat/gory too.. I managed to dispatch one baddie by putting his head over a fast spinning ventilation fan.

I like the music too.

I have donwloaded the demo and will try ..

--

Demo has left me a bit meh :/

--

Just got it seems good

--

New Skool Turbo Power

YouTube Channel

I enjoyed the demo and I'm considering buying it.

--

Romantic BDSM

Gloucester's answer to Eddie Jordan

This came in the post last week.

4 hours in and all I can surmise; very tricky combat and not that much 'fun' IMO

Driving is rubbish as is riding the bikes I tend to get taxi's everywhere now other than that I am still enjoying it! I am finding the combat easier now but those grappling enemies are t***s

--

New Skool Turbo Power

YouTube Channel

Sammyturbo said...

Driving is rubbish as is riding the bikes I tend to get taxi's everywhere now other than that I am still enjoying it! I am finding the combat easier now but those grappling enemies are t***s

The driving is indeed pants but the combat is great. I especially like the "smash them into the scenery" bit. I did kill someone with a fish last night...

--

Romantic BDSM

Gloucester's answer to Eddie Jordan

Thats odd, I find the superbikes in this are a lot easier to control than GTA.

Maybe just me.

And my Rossi like bike skills. ;)

--

Bunta's Tofu

I am rubbish.

I can not get past the mission in the nightclub (Club Bam Bam). How on earth are you expected to batter 6/7 guys at once.

Failed 20+ times :(

Updated September 4, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Use your counter moves when they turn read and also.use environment kills as it kills them instantly

--

New Skool Turbo Power

YouTube Channel

I try but once you're downstairs they are only 2 opportunities (2x speakers) for enviro kills and trying to counter / grapple them is where I'm done for.

Try getting the guys with the weapons as you can then pick them up

--

New Skool Turbo Power

YouTube Channel

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular