Forums > Gaming forum > Sleeping Dogs?

SLEEPING DOGS?
Previous | 12 | Next

The screenshots I've seen make it look like a weak Kayne & Lynch style game, but after seeing the Giant Bomb Quick Look it seems a riot.. Not as "dumbass" as Saints Riw but more entertaining than GTA IV .

Anyone else thinking of getting this?

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

It looks good, admittedly at first I was like "HOLY SH!T IT'S WATCHDOGS!!!" then realised it wasn't. I think I'll check my point for Game/Gamestation and if I have enough to get a reasonable discount I'll buy it, looks like a lot of fun. 8)

--

Stolen Orions on fire off the hard shoulder of the M8. I watched neds litter in the dark near the Tennents shop. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

I am half an hour in and it is very tasty so far.

batman fighting mechanics with easy handling cars and bikes. Also the graphics are pretty amazing in places - makes me want to visit HK again!

--

Bunta's Tofu

Might be worth a punt this then ..

--

GiraffeIT.com / Installations / Support / Training
evo featured Renault Megane R26 (c) Barry Club.

So far so good - GTA but better hand to hand combat and the shooting is a bit more fun as well.

If you like GTA style games then go grab it - its worth a gander.

--

Bunta's Tofu

Bunta said...

If you like GTA style games then go grab it - its worth a gander.

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

Well, I bought it on the PC and now I'm downloading the free hi-res texture pack they released. 8)

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

I've given it an hour, and it feels pretty good. There's an option on the PC to increase the population density and gives the town a hustle + bustle environment.. some of it reminds me of Blade Runner.

Some of the special kills are neat/gory too.. I managed to dispatch one baddie by putting his head over a fast spinning ventilation fan.

I like the music too.

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

I have donwloaded the demo and will try ..

--

Demo has left me a bit meh :/

--

Just got it seems good

--

New Skool Turbo Power

YouTube Channel

I enjoyed the demo and I'm considering buying it.

--

Romantic BDSM

Gloucester's answer to Eddie Jordan

This came in the post last week.

4 hours in and all I can surmise; very tricky combat and not that much 'fun' IMO

Driving is rubbish as is riding the bikes I tend to get taxi's everywhere now other than that I am still enjoying it! I am finding the combat easier now but those grappling enemies are t***s

--

New Skool Turbo Power

YouTube Channel

Sammyturbo said...

Driving is rubbish as is riding the bikes I tend to get taxi's everywhere now other than that I am still enjoying it! I am finding the combat easier now but those grappling enemies are t***s

The driving is indeed pants but the combat is great. I especially like the "smash them into the scenery" bit. I did kill someone with a fish last night...

--

Romantic BDSM

Gloucester's answer to Eddie Jordan

Thats odd, I find the superbikes in this are a lot easier to control than GTA.

Maybe just me.

And my Rossi like bike skills. ;)

--

Bunta's Tofu

I am rubbish.

I can not get past the mission in the nightclub (Club Bam Bam). How on earth are you expected to batter 6/7 guys at once.

Failed 20+ times :(

Updated September 4, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Use your counter moves when they turn read and also.use environment kills as it kills them instantly

--

New Skool Turbo Power

YouTube Channel

I try but once you're downstairs they are only 2 opportunities (2x speakers) for enviro kills and trying to counter / grapple them is where I'm done for.

Try getting the guys with the weapons as you can then pick them up

--

New Skool Turbo Power

YouTube Channel

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular