Forums > General > The 1 pound car

THE 1 POUND CAR
Previous | 1234 | Next

As the title says above, its like the Best of the Best competition except the cars are second hand and as you've probably guessed it costs £1 to enter

Clicky

--

Cheers,
James

You can win a secondhand car. It is cheap to enter, but presumably you have no clue about the life the car has had.

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

A Skyline is worth a pound even with a dodgy history! :)

Ts&Cs said...

No prize vehicle can be returned or refunded

:lol:

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

Daddydadbo said...

In the case of that one, just barely...

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

David_Yu said...

Daddydadbo said...

In the case of that one, just barely...

It is not Purplezilla is it? :shock:

thats not even a gtr , I wouldnt even give a pound foor that

I thought it was the latest lightweight technology - helium filled-up frame maybe? :shock:

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

action jack84 said...

thats not even a gtr , I wouldnt even give a pound foor that

Then you're an idiot.

for a decent r33 fair enough. But its likely that that one isnt in great shape

Hmm...

1. Find interesting but sheddy car at auction.
2. Register www.the50pcar.co.uk
3. Create (very) amateur looking website, tell punters f*ck all about it other than some pictures with too much bloom.
4. .....
5. Profit.

Sounds easy enough? I'll get Exiges to back it.

--

ClubLupo

I've seen something similar done before, when someone had a car they were trying to shift, and got lots of positive comments but no serious buyers.

Of course, they started off, took about £500 in, then the ticket buyers dried up and the seller realised they faced losing the car for one tenth of it's market value.

At this point there are two options, the honest thing is to admit failure and refund everyone's cash. The dishonest thing is to have a friend 'win' the lottery.

So basically, I would regard anything like this with the utmost suspicion. The fact that they don't even reveal the specs of the 'prize' (is it even turbo?) makes it even more suspicious. (Don't forget that the base model R33 has a non-turbo two litre with a whopping 130hp).

Hello everyone! I hope you have all seen us in the major Magazines now and have checked out our website and also our FaceBook page www.facebook.com/the1poundcar if you have any doubts please do look us up on companies house or Google us! If you do decide to txt in then Good Luck to you :lol:

Updated November 7, 2012 at 10:04 PM

What's your Gambling Commission licence number?

--

Out of step with the forum.

Don't tell him. He'll use it to steal your identity and clone your cat, or something.

John said...

Don't tell him. He'll use it to steal your identity and clone your cat, or something.

My days of...uh...collecting cat DNA are behind me.

--

Out of step with the forum.

We are a skill based competition and have nothing to do with gambling! We have solicitors in place to make sure everything is always above board! We have a lot of incorrect entries every single month, we may know a Clio Williams from a Clio 182 but a lot of people cant! If you have any genuine questions please feel free to join us on FaceBook for live on going discussions.

CompanyName THE 1 POUND CAR LTD
CompanyNumber 07986048
RegAddress
PostTown ANDOVER
County HAMPSHIRE
Country UNITED KINGDOM
CompanyCategory Private Limited Company
CompanyStatus Active
CountryOfOrigin United Kingdom
IncorporationDate 12/03/2012
Accounts
AccountRefDay 31
AccountRefMonth 03
NextDueDate 12/12/2013

TwinTurbot said...

As the title says above, its like the Best of the Best competition except the cars are second hand and as you've probably guessed it costs £1 to enter

Well, it's only a £1 car for the winner, for all the other participants it's £1 for nothing.. But looking at the prize, I'm not sure whether losing would be such a bad thing. Horrific chav chariots.

the1poundcar said...

...we may know a Clio Williams from a Clio 182 but a lot of people cant...

Despite it being written on the sides, back and floor mats of the car and the word 'Williams' being mentioned 10 times in the car's description. Just in case that is a little subtle, the opening sentence is "Here we have a very rare Renault Clio Williams 3 up for grabs". Let me think, is it a Williams or a 182...:roll:

You've got to love these types of 'competition' and the fact that some people probably do get them wrong :lol:.

exiges said...

Horrific chav chariots.

From a quick look at the past cars, they've found perfect new owners :lol:

Previous | 1234 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular