Forums > General > Help, Dad wants a new car!!!!

HELP, DAD WANTS A NEW CAR!!!!
Previous | 123 | Next

Ok, I know you guys & girls are probably fed up with giving this advice, but I need your help.

My old man is going to change is daily driver. For the moment he has a 2010 535D Sport. It's a fantastic car, but he has a very bad back and is finding it harder and harder to get in and out of. Also, the suspension can be quite stiff and all together, he says he doesn't need that power on a day to day basis. Just to add he has a DBS for the weekend (and he says he has a bad back :roll: ).

Anyway, he is looking at a 4x4 (or soft-roader shall I say). The two on his radar are an Audi Q5 3L TDI or a Lexus RX 430h. They are very different cars but he's finding it hard to decide.

I've also mentioned that he takes a look at the new X3. Any advice would be good.

Updated June 1, 2012 at 8:22 PM

--

Nuts on the road

Stock answer I'm afraid. Test drive the ones on his radar & see which one he (or his back) likes best.

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

Gwaredd said...

Stock answer I'm afraid. Test drive the ones on his radar & see which one he (or his back) likes best.

Already done. He's still stuck.

--

Nuts on the road

Harry Metcalfe slated the Q5 when he was reviewing the Evoque, tell him to get an Evoque, stunning cars!

Zonda_ said...

Harry Metcalfe slated the Q5 when he was reviewing the Evoque, tell him to get an Evoque, stunning cars!

My brother has one. My dad don't want the same car. Also, he's not sold on it either. He really is a difficult old fart :?.

--

Nuts on the road

Evoque is lovely if you never want to take anyone in the back.

I'd look at one of the car makers heralded for its comfortable seats, the new Volvo XC60. In red they can look pretty cool.

Dave!

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

focus69 said...

Zonda_ said...

My brother has one. My dad don't want the same car. Also, he's not sold on it either. He really is a difficult old fart :?.

Difficult old fart = Lexus' customer base

Tell him to get a new XJ and MTFU :lol:

DMac said...

I would never speak to him like that ;). However, I get your point.

Updated June 1, 2012 at 8:45 PM

--

Nuts on the road

GraniteV8 said...

Evoque is lovely if you never want to take anyone in the back.

I'd look at one of the car makers heralded for its comfortable seats, the new Volvo XC60. In red they can look pretty cool.

Dave!

Already done. Don't like.

--

Nuts on the road

The Q5 is a hateful small piece of poop.

Lexus it is then :D

Dave!

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

Disco4 will cosset him.

Volvo V70 D5. Smooth, refined and as comfortable as a feather bed, but with lumbar support and the ability to recline.

Alister_ said...

Volvo V70 D5. Smooth, refined and as comfortable as a feather bed, but with lumbar support and the ability to recline.

Had one before the beemer. Great car but really wants a 4x4 where he doesn't have to lower himself into :?.

--

Nuts on the road

mik said...

Disco4 will cosset him.

Cheers Mik, but no like.

--

Nuts on the road

If not short on a bob or two, few years old Range Rover?

--

"Drink, drugs and driving a black Porsche Carrera what a big brave man he is, also a father and husband, HOW SO VERY SCARY!!!!!!!"

Maurice said...

If not short on a bob or two, few years old Range Rover?

Too bling :lol: or so he says.

You see what I'm up against. He really is difficult. He has annoyed ALOT of salesmen since along time.

--

Nuts on the road

just get a Q5, they are pretty good, if not spectacular. He won't be disappointed.

another option would be a Cayenne diesel, which are strangely alluring

focus69 said...

DMac said...

I would never speak to him like that ;)

Good.

Now tell him to stop being such an old fart and buy a Jag....ah, wait, I see the problem there...

Alan said...

another option would be a Cayenne diesel, which are strangely alluring

Agree, but not the same price.

--

Nuts on the road

Previous | 123 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular