Forums > General > FAO BMW owners

FAO BMW OWNERS
Previous | 1 | Next

Want to get a print out list of your car's original spec? There's a free way of doing so online again.

First, click here: Clicky. In the text it states the username and password to use. Make sure pop-ups are enabled and click on the Electronic Parts Catalogue link in the middle of the page.

Then type in the username and password given. Another pop-up opens; type the last 7 digits of your VIN (which seem to be 2 letters and 5 numbers for all of my old BMWS). Then go to 'Options' in the very top line.

The options page will pop up with all the fitted options (and standard equipment) listed. There's also a vehicle info list which can be expanded by clicking on the '+' which confirms colour, engine etc.

i found the original build spec sheet stapled to the underside of the rear seat base on the e36 :)

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Ta awfully. I'll take a look at that later.

I keep finding stuff I didn't know about on mine so this'll be handy.

--

This ^

It was my cars 10th birthday yesterday!

--

Cheers

Rich

What's a Dummy-SALAPA?

--

Cheers

Rich

integrale_evo said...

i found the original build spec sheet stapled to the underside of the rear seat base on the e36 :)

Mine was under the boot carpet. It's in German 'cos it was built in Cologne. :)

Massive Edit: This is most useful. Ta

Updated April 13, 2012 at 6:42 PM

--

"Drink, drugs and driving a black Porsche Carrera what a big brave man he is, also a father and husband, HOW SO VERY SCARY!!!!!!!"

Rich B said...

What's a Dummy-SALAPA?

I don't know, but I have it too.

I also have UEBERKREUZBEDIENUNG ENTFALL :shock:

--

"Drink, drugs and driving a black Porsche Carrera what a big brave man he is, also a father and husband, HOW SO VERY SCARY!!!!!!!"

Rich B said...

What's a Dummy-SALAPA?

It's what you use when you don't have a real SALAPA available.

--

What's the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog?

Has anyone else got the battery master switch (BATTERIEHAUPTSCHALTER)?

I need to go and look for a big red switch sticking out of the bodywork.

--

http://retrotekracing.co.uk

Rich B said...

What's a Dummy-SALAPA?

It's a dummy option code which I think is non-specific. Don't think it means much anyway.

I spent a while trying to work out what the option code 997A means on my 545. There were 2 development cars, 6 press cars, then 4 (including mine) with 997A which appears to be either for shows or perhaps marketing literature. I'm trying to get hold of a brochure to see if mine's pictured but I suspect it was for presentation to dealers or for a motor show.

I did one for my e30, but I'm not sure what was standard spec and what could have been fitted later.

I.e 6 button clock/ temperature display. Normal e30s had an analogue clock, with optional 6 or 13 button electronic replacements. But electric windows were standard on m3s yet they're still mentioned, but cassette holder, premium stereo setup and rear sunblind aren't. Wonder if some option codes no longer exist of have been reused.

Guess I need to have a look under the seat on that one.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Thanks Jobbo - did this for the 330Ci and found out exactly what day mine was built. Didn't turn up any extras I wasn't aware I had though - darn.

Cool link though - top find!

B_T_S

Updated April 13, 2012 at 10:58 PM

--

There's no replacement for displacement

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular