Forums > Gaming forum > Baldurs gate fans..

BALDURS GATE FANS..
Previous | 1 | Next

http://baldursgate.com/

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

My F5 key has almost worn out...

--

ClubLupo
Technomotive - Games, Cars, Stuff

Remaking Baldurs Gate and Baldurs Gate 2.. Summer release. Woot!

Updated March 15, 2012 at 10:07 PM

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

8)

--

Bunta's Tofu

Seems this is an iPad exclusive thing??

--

ClubLupo

MattyB_ said...

Hmm.. I loves me Ipad but a great gaming device it ain't.

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

exiges said...

MattyB_ said...

Hmm.. I loves me Ipad but a great gaming device it ain't.

Indeed.

--

Bunta's Tofu

Lame, I was looking forward to this.

--

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.

Out this Wednesday on PC / iPad

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

20 whole US dowwars! Tempting though, may wait for a review or two.

Anyone checked it out ? What the suffering fvck did they do ? Or rather, didn't they do ?

It's basically the same frikkin game from 20yrs ago, a pretty much pixel perfect copy of what it was then.. but now.. and I don't know why they even bothered.

It's terrible, avoid

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

exiges said...

Anyone checked it out ? What the suffering fvck did they do ? Or rather, didn't they do ?

It's basically the same frikkin game from 20yrs ago, a pretty much pixel perfect copy of what it was then.. but now.. and I don't know why they even bothered.

It's terrible, avoid

I'm confused - what were you expecting? I thought they were pretty clear from the start that it was going to be basically the same game, with a few fixes and minor additions.

--

ClubLupo

MattyB_ said...

I'm confused - what were you expecting? I thought they were pretty clear from the start that it was going to be basically the same game, with a few fixes and minor additions.

I was hoping for exactly the same gameplay but with high res textures, was that expecting so much, would that have been so difficult ?

Why did they bother waiting 13yrs to release a bugfix, and then have the temerity to charge $20 for it

Updated December 13, 2012 at 9:56 AM

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

exiges said...

was that expecting so much, would that have been so difficult ?

Yes and yes :lol:

You can't improve the GFX at all really without totally overhauling the engine as it's all sprite based stuff. That, and you'd be defacing a national treasure - BG is still the pinnacle of RPG's, and graphics don't play a large part in its iconic status.

They've just made it full compatible with the latest OS's, squashed some bugs, added some bonus content and upped the resolution. In all honesty, if you've got already got the original BG1&2, install BGTuTu and it's almost the same thing.

--

ClubLupo

But $20 for a 13yr old game ? Come on..

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

Depends how you value it.

You'll get 200 hours of gameplay from $20. You can pay $60 for a newer game and you're lucky to get a 1/10th as much content.

I've played through BG1&2 about 3 times now with different classes and party makeups; I reckon I've had about 500 hours from it, so I've had my money and then some.

Still unparalleled as a true RPG, so regardless of its age, it's still worth it IMO if you enjoy that kind of experience.

Bad analogy maybe, but people still pay silly money for old cars...sometimes you have go back to simplier times to get a purer experience.

--

ClubLupo

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular