Forums > Gaming forum > Forza Horizon - Autumn 2012

FORZA HORIZON - AUTUMN 2012
Previous | 12345678 | Next

Looks like Forza is expanding into off road! :-) Still no weather. :-(

Can't link from iPhone, but YouTube search it!

--

Cheers,

Ian

About bloody time.

Mario Kart will still be the better racing game of course.

--

Bunta's Tofu

I don't know about off road racing but the dev team has people from the teams that made Split/second velocity and the Metropolis street racer/PGR games. So I'm guessing it'll be a drift happy arcade racer.

--

just the tip

so far, who knows?

i thought from the trailer it looked more like a point to point old need for speed sort of thing, but definately more arcadey than forza.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Pretty indepth article about it's development clicky. Looks pretty awesome. Could be the first sandbox racing game with cars that handle properly. Also off road racing is confirmed 8).

Updated June 25, 2012 at 9:56 AM

--

just the tip

Could be good

30 FPS....

I dont know - I'm so bored of these "sims" these days.

--

Bunta's Tofu

They make a good point about the handling in the NFS style games though. As much fun as it is too throw cars into 100mph drifts around mountain roads, all the cars end up feeling samey. If they actually manage to get the feel of hammering a supercar along a mountain road in the dark it could be epic.

--

just the tip

Can't we just have Forza 4 handling and TDU2 maps?

It would make me so happy.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

So I'm guessing it'll be a drift happy arcade racer.

jiyu0712 said...

So I'm guessing it'll be a drift happy arcade racer.

Yes please.

--

Bunta's Tofu

in that article it says they are retaining all the handling characteristics from Forza 4

--

New Skool Turbo Power

YouTube Channel

Sammyturbo said...

in that article it says they are retaining all the handling characteristics from Forza 4

I missed that bit.

I should be excited about this - potentially offers a foil to the boredom of Forza single player.

--

Bunta's Tofu

Surprised this thread was buried given the launch is 3 weeks away. Got a pre-order in some of the clips online look good. Anybody else getting this seeing as there are quite a few FM4 types on here?

--

BMW Car Magazine

Pre ordered :D some disappointing info being released though saying you can't tune the vehicles and damage is only cosmetic

--

New Skool Turbo Power

YouTube Channel

Hopefully it'll be good. I've heard that the tuning/tweaking is out, but upgrading is still in. If you're like me, then that's a good thing, as I can't do with wasting hours tweaking my camber to shave two hundredths off a laptime, only to have some bastard rear end you at the first corner. Only shame being no comedy jacked up 4x4's.

Cosmetic damage only is fine by me too. Oh the fun of limping 80% of the course with a smoking engine & a desire to only turn left after you glanced a rock.

Handling is said to be more like FM3 than 4 - still no bad thing.

Hopefully it's fairly open world, meaning you can drive off road a fair bit, instead of the usual 2mm before it resets you back onto the road.

If it's anything like TDU2, then I will set fire to my eyes. God, that was a bad driving game - & you lot raved about it!

So in essence, if it's like NFS with forza cars, then it will be a great pick up & play game.

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

Well if I can fit a blower and some sportier cams and exhausts but can't fiddle with gear ratios then that's no bad thing at all. Book a couple of days off at the start of November me thinks.

Updated October 4, 2012 at 6:57 PM

--

BMW Car Magazine

I'm all for it if the multiplayer is good.

Online with you chaps was always the most fun.

--

Bunta's Tofu

There's a demo due next week if anyone wants to try it before they buy it.

--

just the tip

Amazon

It's quite a lot of pounds :-(

Previous | 12345678 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular