Forums > Geeks corner > FAO Whisky Drinkers

FAO WHISKY DRINKERS
Previous | 123 | Next

One to add to your collection, a young Whisky but don't let that put you off. Strong but then that makes it good to savour and enjoy. Not overly smokey or peaty either.

Your link text

Any other recommendations ?

I'm a Dalwhinnie man

_Mick_N said...

Talisker 18yr - Very much like the 10yr, but with a bit more depth and less of an edge.

Updated February 28, 2012 at 7:41 PM

That's a great choice 8)

I recommend not liking it too much and killing your pancreas like what I did. Miss drinking whisky a lot. Closest I get is some teachers blend on my xmas pudding.

Isle of jura is/was quite a decent one.

Whisky sends my stomach mental.

mik said...

Whisky sends my stomach mental.

sent mine into my pancreas. More painful than almost anything you can imagine.

Everything in moderation, these days I'm not a big drinker, and to be honest feel better for it.

Me neither.

Have you seen the national geo prog on the jack daniels factory
Mick? Its amazing.

Click

Updated February 28, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Monkey Shoulder is a lovely blended whisky. My last bottle though was a small Balvenie Doublewood (ooer) which was very smooth.

SimonB said...

Me neither.

Have you seen the national geo prog on the jack daniels factory
Mick? Its amazing.

Click

Despite the fact that I managed to drink myself into an aversion to Whisky, I really was gutted we didn't take a small detour when we were staying in Chattanooga to see the JD factory.:(

Couldn't touch it up til about a year ago, and not because I had a bender on it, just couldn't stomach it.

Can touch it now but wouldn't say I enjoy it, and have tried the good stuff!

--

A yellow loltus

Enjoying a 14 year old Oban this evening

Pervert.

--

She's built like a steakhouse but she handles like a bistro.

_Mick_N said...

One to add to your collection, a young Whisky but don't let that put you off. Strong but then that makes it good to savour and enjoy. Not overly smokey or peaty either.

Your link text

Asyla

Updated February 28, 2012 at 10:11 PM

:lol::shock:

NotoriousREV said...

Pervert.

Click

Particularly good review.

:lol:

--

"Drink, drugs and driving a black Porsche Carrera what a big brave man he is, also a father and husband, HOW SO VERY SCARY!!!!!!!"

8Ball said...

_Mick_N said...

Talisker 18yr - Very much like the 10yr, but with a bit more depth and less of an edge.

The 10yr old stuff is referred to among my gaggle of boozehound chums as 'that stuff that tasted like burnt rubber bands'.

Not undrinkable (although we never did finish the bottle), but not exactly pleasurable.

I quite like a bit of Old Pultney - I bought some as a joke (it's from the distillery up the road from where I used to live) and found it to be quite good - very smooth stuff, the 12 year old at least.

Got my mate a bottle of the twelve year old for Christmas which we've been dipping into since, think I'll get him a bottle of the 21 year old for his missus' birthday, seeing as us getting twisted on whisky seems to entertain her without end.

Love whiskey, was raised on it since I was a baby as is the Scandinavian tradition. I'm sure it killed a few of my brain cells though :?

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Maurice said...

Click

Particularly good review.

:lol:

The man pays over a grand for a bottle of whisky, then mixes with coke. Where is the world going?:roll:

Previous | 123 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular