Forums > Thread archives > Delta Integrale 8v?

DELTA INTEGRALE 8V?
Previous | 1 | Next

Pretty please? ;)

--

What's the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog?

NotoriousREV said...

Pretty please? ;)

We-e-e-e-e-e-e-ell, I looked at the front page and this seemed to be by far the most popular thread to view....2680+ despite no replies.

So here we go….

Firstly there was the Motor mag test – ( 3 current EVO mag contributors worked on the mag at this time )

Then it was pitted against cars that were more than a little out of its price range……..the infamous David and Goliath test

Then it faced the new Celica GT Four ( Flewy might like this test ) bringing with it the new catalytic converters and making its introduction with the new Sapphire Cosworth, supercar performance for the masses

And finally, the old Master, the Quattro……

Back some 22/23 years ago, one of my car friends owned an Integrale 8v for a short while – he’d progressed through Fiat Strada Abarths and a couple of Delta HF Turbos ( one hotted up ) and got a good deal on a 2 year old Integrale. I only went in it once and just remember the slingshot acceleration out of tight bends and from a standstill and the rorty exhaust note both on acceleration and on the over-run. Back then I had a Manta GTE running about 165bhp ( 2.4 litre, big valve head ) and we had a few runs through Wales and the borders. On the tight twisty stuff and out of slow bends it was hard to stay in touch but when the road opened up more and on fast bends we could have a bit of a run together.
This was on the stretch heading back up to Llyn Ogwen from the coast.

Any slow traffic and he would be able to catapult past as soon as a gap opened with a slug of turbo torque

Then the Manta would be handicapped by its long gearing and have to be using all of the revs and lighter weight to catch up as he pulled out an easy 20/30 yards as the old bus got going

He did seem to have more problems with it than the front wheel drive HF turbos ( I think it had been a hard worked demo in its early days ) but the dealer was good to him ( although he was often waiting for parts even back then.
Other than Harry’s on here I’ve never really known many people taking the plunge with them, although they undoubtedly stir up some interest whenever drivers’ cars of the 80s are mentioned. Seeing the one in EVO this month reminded me how good they look on the road. I hope Flewy gets to do his up and brings it out for a drive before he moves it on!

Updated January 1, 2013 at 5:21 PM

--

Roadgoing Group A racecar

Dan Webster "Your car actually sounded quite good from up there"

I spotted a nice integrale along that same piece of road last friday 8)

action jack84 said...

I spotted a nice integrale along that same piece of road last friday 8)

I guess Snowdonia is as good a place to spot one being exercised as anywhere

I'm surprised you can still get one for under 5k in running order

£4500

--

Given how the evo integrales have gone sky high recently surely it would be a good investment ( provided you have a garage)

action jack84 said...

Given how the evo integrales have gone sky high recently surely it would be a good investment ( provided you have a garage)

Certainly give you a flavour of the Viola featured this month at a twentieth of the asking!

--

NotoriousREV said...

Pretty please? ;)

Also found the old PC one if you get through that lot...... :)

--

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular