Forums > Thread archives > A Request?

A REQUEST?
Previous | 1 | Next

You don't have any 2001 onwards tests with the Saxo VTR in it do you at all Mike :)

Updated December 20, 2011 at 11:17 PM

16vcento said...

You don't have any 2001 onwards tests with the Saxo VTR in it do you at all Mike :)

2001 - power hike?

I think EVO have used one a couple of times - I could find the 99 test with the old Mini and Lupo but I guess you want performance figures for yours?

--

Roadgoing Group A racecar

Dan Webster "Your car actually sounded quite good from up there"

I just wondered if they rated the later car like mine any better/worse than the first ones.
I've looked everywhere and found stiff for the lower powered car and the VTS but none for my spec VTR.
I guess most had moved on from 'warm' hatches then.
edit: sorry yes, mine is the later 98hp model, different ecu and ignition system from what i've gathered

Updated December 21, 2011 at 1:01 AM

16vcento said...

I just wondered if they rated the later car like mine any better/worse than the first ones.
I've looked everywhere and found stiff for the lower powered car and the VTS but none for my spec VTR.
I guess most had moved on from 'warm' hatches then.
edit: sorry yes, mine is the later 98hp model, different ecu and ignition system from what i've gathered

Even the VTS had quite a few different makes of ECU - Bosch, Magneti Marelli and Sagem I think. I remember looking into it when we had problems with ours ( eventually traced to Lambda sensor ) and a bad idle for a couple of months.

Very enjoyable little car

On the Col De Turini

In the Alps

I'll have a look and see if I've got any stuff for your later spec - thing is, most mags often don't re-test for spec upgrades. Think there were some group tests with the later version thou

--

Cheers Mike :)
I'm enjoying mine a lot more than i should. Only bought it to get around whilst i was sorting the Cinquecento out and i havent seen the Cinq for months now :oops:

The Saxo is very good at a lot of things, even motorway work with the standard VTR box on (80 is 3200rpm) but i put a VTS box on mine as the ratios are much closer and it has a shorter final drive.

Probably back to the normal VTR box in the new year, getting a few bits sprayed due to stone chips and the wheels refurbed.

It's not everyones cup of tea and a lot of my friends think its chavvy even though it is standard looks wise but i really don't care.

Has lovely seats too :)

Updated December 21, 2011 at 10:28 PM

16vcento said...

Cheers Mike :)
I'm enjoying mine a lot more than i should. Only bought it to get around whilst i was sorting the Cinquecento out and i havent seen the Cinq for months now :oops:

The Saxo is very good at a lot of things, even motorway work with the standard VTR box on (80 is 3200rpm) but i put a VTS box on mine as the ratios are much closer and it has a shorter final drive.

Probably back to the normal VTR box in the new year, getting a few bits sprayed due to stone chips and the wheels refurbed.

It's not everyones cup of tea and a lot of my friends think its chavvy even though it is standard looks wise but i really don't care.

Has lovely seats too :)

I still like to see a nice standard one - yours looks good on the soupbowls - like the black as well. Ours was the first one delivered on the 15" twists to our local dealer ( T-plate ). Neither Jane nor I liked them ( and they weren't shown in the brochure ) so one lucky chap picking up his new VTR at the same time got a free upgrade to VTS wheels whilst we got the VTR ( old VTS ) wheels :)

Was a great car on the Alpine twisties - a different experience to the Sierra the year after anyway!

--

Did you ever manage to find anything on the power increase ones Mike?
Sorry to hassle i'm in no rush just dont get time to post much :oops:

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular