Forums > evo magazine > Android version of EVO magazine?

ANDROID VERSION OF EVO MAGAZINE?
Previous | 1234 | Next

Hello,

I'm new to this community, but a long-term EVO reader and fan - have been reading the Russian edition till it was closed down, then subscribed to the UK edition right away and I am still looking forward to every single issue.

I have seen the iPad edition on my friend's iPad and was absolutely stunned by it - I have never seen any magazine get so interactive and use the modern technologies so well, it's really the future of magazines - to be able not only to read, but also to watch related videos and listen to the engine sounds etc in one app is a real achievement and a milestone for a modern magazine.

As I'm not really an Apple fan (too many limitations and simplifications for me), I recently ordered Samsung Galaxy Pad 10.1 - it's on its way now to Russia - and thought it would be really nice to use the same EVO app on it.

Unfortunately, as I understand, the only option available now is the regular PDF edition which, though cheaper than the 'paper' edition, is basically the same experience.

That's why I would like to know if there's an Android version in production and if it is, when it will be available? Android is the fastest-growing platform at the moment, so I really hope to see the EVO for Android some day soon.

P.S. The forum doesn't even have 'Russian' listed as the nationality in profile settings, though it has Uzbekistan and other smaller countries :D

Updated August 24, 2011 at 9:08 AM

I'm waiting for that app too...
I'd love to have an android version of EVO for my Xoom tablet!!

Word from our publisher is that we are looking at it, and targeting the launch of Kindle Fire as the time we will have an Android-compatible app. Best guess is that it's a couple of months away, so probably mid-late March.

Peter T

Yes please, I have an Asus Eeepad transformer that awaits the app. The Evo website has soooo may animated ads it's just a bit tooo slow :)

Updated February 8, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Any updates on this Peter?

I would love to start reading Evo on my Android tablet properly.

So I guess we can take it from the sarcastic papyrus version thread above that there's not going to be an Android app? Some other mags and newspapers (like the Financial Times) have gone for an HTML5 web app that works on anything with a browser - maybe you could look into that please?

Bump, think of all the rabid, Google Nexus 7 owners who will be rampant for a digital copy of EVO at the end of the month.

I propose your 5% revenue investment in an Android app would lead to a 15% increase in sales. Leading to a sub-quarterly post-profit pre-increase of 9.86%.

--

ClubLupo

Soon to be nexus 7 owner here would like a android app ;)

--

New Skool Turbo Power

YouTube Channel

Sammyturbo said...

Soon to be nexus 7 owner here would like a android app ;)

+1

Have you ordered it from google play ?? I am going for the 8gb version as I wont really be using it for much more than browsing and books.

--

New Skool Turbo Power

YouTube Channel

Yep, going for the 8gb too. I never get near that in my phone so I definitely wont on the tablet. And it came with £15 for the Play store. Massive bargain at £159 8)

Should be getting some kind of Android tablet in the coming months to I'd like to see this finally happen too!

--

MarDoubleT

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races."

Bump...

Is Zinio really going to be the only option for Androiders?

--

MarDoubleT

Well, I tried Zinio (with a purchase of the April edition of Evo) and it really is not an option. The experience was very lacklustre.

My paper subscription ran out a few months a go, and I didn't renew, thinking that the Android tablet app would be available soon (delivery to Australia isn't cheap). This way, I thought I still get to enjoy my lovely Evo without having to pay for those ludicrous postage charges.

The lack of the Android app is basically a lost sale now. As much as I miss my Evo, I am not going to subscribe to it again... unless a decent Android solution is offered.

Here is a note to Dennis Publishing: I'm basically begging you to come and get my money, but please deliver the content in my medium of choice.

Updated July 31, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Seriously, still no Android app? Just purchased a Nexus 7 and legitimately the only thing I'll miss from my iPad is the evo magazine app. Really sucks that it doesn't seem to get any consideration.

Just keeping this active, we're still waiting.

--

ClubLupo

come on EVO please sort this out, £89 to get this subscription sent to NZ + the time to post, surely the android app has to be given some more consideration, not everyone is stuck on buying iPads, my Galaxy Tab 10.1 feels like a poor cousin at Christmas.....

Bump...still waiting...

--

MarDoubleT

I'd like to convert my subscription to Google Nexus / cancel it as well, please.

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

Hello!

Original poster here! Since my first post I purchased galaxy tab 2 7.0 and galaxy s 3 and I'm still waiting for a proper EVO Android app!

Please, do it, world doesn't end with iEverything!

Previous | 1234 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular