Forums > General > road etiquette when parking?

ROAD ETIQUETTE WHEN PARKING?
Previous | 12 | Next

on driving down a normal suburban road (1 lane either direction) you encounter parked cars. 2 cars are parked parallel to each other and the gap is too small for you to get through.

--

Hmmmmm BO! BO! Chick.............. Chick a chickaaahhh!

If there is enough space on the pavement and its safe to do so, why not?

--

Click for sheds

option C: hold horn till twunts who've parked their cars come out of their houses and get them to move them.

--

opt C

C for dumb cunts

--

The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on.

IaFG Supercharged Muppet Division

Option D; change your car for a Daewoo Matiz.

HTH :lol:

Option E relies upon you owning a small tank, armoured car or other ex-army transportation.

You can work out the rest, and it involves crunching noises.

I'd probably u-turn - some nosy prick is bound to spot you and call the cops if you mount the pavement, citing the 'think of the children' argument - not worth the potential hassle.

I don't disagree with the concept of riding the pavement - if I saw someone do it, I'd not complain a jot providing it was clearly safe to do so.

Sadly getting up onto the pavement isn't an option in my car :(

I'd toot the horn for a while. If no one came out, I'd do a three point turn, then go and let their tyres down. (Ok I wouldn't really)

--

BMW 130i M-Sport / Yamaha XJ6

well i was on the pavement when some noisy b'stard came out to tell me that pavements are for pedestrians - not cars. :lol: :lol:

no shit sherlock :roll:

well, if your bloody neighbours had a bit of common sense then i wouldnt be on the pavement at all would i dipshit.

thinking about it, what happens if a fire engine or summat needed to get through?

from a similar experience at school (false alarm in old peoples home close to school), with a mates car being the offending vehicle. The fire brigade informed him that if it had been a 'live shout' then they would of used the fire engine to barge his car out of the way - then he'd have to pay for repairs to the fire engine becasue he was obstructing a public thoroughfare.

yours,

waiting for dibble to knock on the door,

hoyley, :lol:

--

I'd go for C but you're dead right about the fire engine.

It's also one of the reasons I have a "small car".

--

The slowest loser on the EVO forum

I can't be the only person who's surprised that nobody's suggested self-immolation. Or setting fire to the other cars. :wink:

--

Even the Russians know better than to fuck with me.

Early this AM when I dropped off the girls they were parked staggered;

[]
---[]

Not enough room to go straight through but at a fairly steep angle.

--

The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on.

IaFG Supercharged Muppet Division

I was bloacked in by a car once (shared carpark area though didnt recognise the car) it was a fairly new car so i got out, grabbed the top of the window/roof and rocked the fucker til i set the alarm off - that got the owner out.

--

Cheers

Rich

Be a cunt and call the traffic warden out.

had i had a traffic wardens phone no then i would of...

easiest thing was to go on the pavement (esp as i was a passenger andit my old dear driving - didnt fancy getting her to reverse out of the slalom and then manouevre a 3 point turn.

if i'd been on my own then i might have told the nosy parker to fuck off or prepare for immolation.

need to sort out local dibbles no actually for next time.

--

Pavement is quickest and easiest method granted but I'd be option C also. And then I'd give them a right roasting for being ignorant cvnts while I was at it.

Regarding the Fire Engine - they have the right to move obstructions any way they see fit IIRC - and whilst they'd most likely be fairly sympathetic in most cases I could see them just dragging a car out of the way if needs be. And rightly so imo.

I would hold on to the horn for a while until someone comes out, have had to do that in the past in similar situations.

gav

--

Large format print & graphics

thegavster said...

I would hold on to the horn for a while until someone comes out, have had to do that in the past in similar situations.

gav

Gav is correct. It really pisses them off as well. This is always my preferred option. I do sometimes just wish I had a wreck though and would just drive through.

I like the idea of the fire engine barging cars out the way, the only problem being you don't always know who was the tard/tards. I've parked before on an empty road and come back to find two cars on the opposite side front and back making it look like i was the selfish twat who created the slalom.

Dave

--

The wee beastie

Barry is correct about the fire engine. I have a mate who is retained & he says the guidlines are that if you need to move it, then do so. Obviously a lot of common sense comes into it, i.e. if it's a mini & you're on your way to get a cat out of a tree, then you'd try & find the owner or physically bump-move it out of the way using man-power, but if it's a house fire with people reported missing, then the 20 tonne+ fire engine will move it for you pronto, although they do have to return to the scene or report it to the police afterwards.

Same goes for speeding. If you can justify doing 80 in a 30, then you won't get done. Do 80 in a 30 on the way to pump someones cellar out & you'll probably be dismissed & fined heavily.

As for the origional topic, that happens a lot round my way, & I've driven on the path several times & no-ones moaned. I think as long as you're driving dead slow & not reving away, then you aren't going to leave yourself open to abuse from the nosey neighbour.

Cheers,

Gwaredd.

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

a cut-away metal piece reveals the jumping hours and minutes on two superimposed discsmaking ground in recent years become bright rising starFive more pics after the jump karen millen woman on sale he applied the previously used in the Grande Sonnerie flat tone in springThe Instituto Ayrton SennaTesla is now 21 countries and regions to the more than 1000 units sold Roadster sports carAlpina has dedicated a limited series of 257 pieces to the Florida circuit
JLC and Lange probably sold around 100Hermes Hermes Clipper Chronograph Automatic Machine516 billion yuan discount karen millen while the identical date display counts off the days against an engine-turned background
and decorated with a red outer ringyou can display them The refined and elegantIn additionvibration frequency 28Limited 250 Case: Stainless steel Size: 43In additionto New York and Houston Fotofest Magnum Association International Photo Festival

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular