Forums > General > Sticky(ish): Film Reviews

STICKY(ISH): FILM REVIEWS

Blue Juice - havent seen this for ages. Surfing / romance set in Cornwall starring Sean Pertwee, Ewan McGregor and Catherine Zeta Jones, who incidentally looks amazing in it. Its a bit random but I love it, I also know / knew a couple of the 'real' surfers in it.

8 smuggler FMs out of 10.

I do like Blue Juice... good little film that..

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

One flew over the Cuckoos nest

What a fab film. Hard to explain why, but just is. Funny & heart wrenching all at the same time. Highly recommended.

9.5 Big Chiefs out of 10.

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

We watched The Proposal last night, which was pretty funny for "one of those" types of films.

--

Tim

Toyota. Flat Cap. Grey Slacks. Slipons. Slower than everyone.

m477hew said...

Blue Juice - havent seen this for ages. Surfing / romance set in Cornwall starring Sean Pertwee, Ewan McGregor and Catherine Zeta Jones, who incidentally looks amazing in it. Its a bit random but I love it, I also know / knew a couple of the 'real' surfers in it.

8 smuggler FMs out of 10.

Lovely film that. I'd forgotten about it, must get a copy.

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

m477hew said...

... and Catherine Zeta Jones, who incidentally looks amazing in it.

She looks amazing generally IMHO ...

Country_Member said...

m477hew said...

... and Catherine Zeta Jones, who incidentally looks amazing in it.

--

Cheers

Rich

Ladies Cacks For Sale Apply Within said...

We watched The Proposal last night, which was pretty funny for "one of those" types of films.

Tim, it was awful. AWFUL.

JL said...

Ladies Cacks For Sale Apply Within said...

Tim, it was awful. AWFUL.

+1

--

"Evana is witty and seemingly unfazed by anything"

"Ninja poster. Emerges from shadows deals killer blow/ comedy gold and disapearred from whence she came."

Tastefully kinky

Transformers 2

Meh, it was alright. Sure, not as good as the first one, but I think that's because we'd seen the 'wow' factor CGI trickery not that long ago. That & the story was better in the first one too. Worth a watch if you have a free evening & liked the 1st one.

5 Optimus Prime dies in this one out of 10

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

Rich B said...

Country_Member said...

m477hew said...

... and Catherine Zeta Jones, who incidentally looks amazing in it.[/quote]

Win, right there.

[quote="Gwaredd"]Transformers 2

:lol:

Updated October 3, 2009 at 10:28 PM

--

How are you doing? Is you good becos' I want to know.

Rocknrolla:

Despite the appalling title, this was an amusing mockney crime caper from the ex-Mr Madge.
Nowhere near as historic as Lock, Stock or Snatch, but worth a watch.

6 slow dances out of 10.

Speed Racer:

Messy live action cartoon made by the Wachowski bros. Fantastic overuse of colour, detail and movement. Looks like it was shot by a couple of kids who had really, really overdone the E numbers.

If the action scenes were done more "realistically" i.e. not deliberately shot in a faux animated style, it could have been quite stunning to look at.

As it is, it is still a great workout for your HD screen/projector but will make your brain hurt.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Gwaredd said...

Transformers 2

I think that's fairly generous tbh. The humaniformers utterly ruined it for me.

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

Excellent.

--

Romantic BDSM

Gloucester's answer to Eddie Jordan

Fast and Furious:

Yeah, I know.

Not finished it yet but so far it seems ridiculously over-blown and takes itself far too seriously.

In recognition of this, any future marks will be in an "x David Yus out of 10 David Yus" format :lol:

Updated October 5, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Jarhead. I was expecting more; more guns and more fighting. It wasn't that bad so gets 6 brands out of 10.

JL said...

Fast and Furious:

Yeah, I know.

Not finished it yet but so far it seems ridiculously over-blown and takes itself far too seriously.

In recognition of this, any future marks will be in an "x David Yus out of 10 David Yus" format :lol:

Almost tempted to stop watching after crappy attention to detail shows a revving BMW with an MPG gauge and a 6.5k redline, and is clearly a cooking E30 or E34 :evil:

Have you have the CGI zoom into an RX7 to show the pistons going up and down in the engine bay yet?

Edit: Sorry, thought you meant The Fast And The Furious. Although Fast And Furious is the same film, but the two less.

Updated October 5, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Si_G said...

Have you have the CGI zoom into an RX7 to show the pistons going up and down in the engine bay yet?

Edit: Sorry, thought you meant The Fast And The Furious. Although Fast And Furious is the same film, but the two less.

In the original you mean? Looks like a good CGI rotary engine to me..

Watched District 9 at the weekend and thought it was very good. Thought the South African accent sounded just like Scouse when they were saying "fucking".

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular