Forums > General > Sticky(ish): Film Reviews

STICKY(ISH): FILM REVIEWS

Caroline - great stuff.

Has anyone seen Rampart?

--

Tree Trunks, I'm all jacked up because of you. Look at my jacked up face!

I reviewed Rampart on this very thread and I loved it, see it more like a documentry about one mans decline and you will not be dissappointed.

Dave!

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

GraniteV8 said...

I reviewed Rampart on this very thread and I loved it, see it more like a documentry about one mans decline and you will not be dissappointed.

Dave!

Thanks, I'll watch it over the weekend. I like cop films/dramas that have that gritty feel about them.

--

The Shining - as mentioned in El Weekend thread I went to the BFI to watch the full fat unedited version. Having never seen the full film before, the suspense really gripped me. Especially the scene were he sits down at the empty bar and starts talking and all of a sudden... it happens! An amazing film. I'd rank it along with Chinatown as Jack N's best role.

REDRUM:shock:

--

That's my boy

New Adam Sandler flick. Once you get over the idea of 'oh, this isn't supposed to be a "proper" movie' & adapt to the fact it's more of a Freddy Got Fingered & Hot Rod, type of film, it's actually pretty funny & well done.

I'm not usually a Sandler fan, but this tickled me.

7 9.9's out of 10

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

Total recall - I was expecting a godawful exact remake of the awesome arnie/verhoven classic, but it was actually alright! The ending was a little mixed up, but other than that it was quite enjoyable!

7/10

--

Cheers

Rich

Skyfall - hmmm, well I thought it was a bit rubbish tbh. Rambling weak storyline that seemed to be more about showing pretty locations rather than any reason for being/getting there, constant "we're old" references just because Craig has a bit of grey stubble and not very believable characters. Weakest of the 3 DC ones IMO.

--

Cheers

Rich

I saw this last night - I thought it was pretty good, but a bit disjointed, and the lingering product placement grated a bit - yes, it's an Omega, we get it :lol:

Argo - bloody awesome and I know it is based on actual events, but it didn't stop me from sitting on the edge of my seat. You are well aware off the storm brewing up from the very beginning. Hats of to Ben Affleck, along with a stellar cast - John Goodman, Allen Arkin(the star of the film IMO), and the guy from Breaking Bad/Malcom In The Middle dad.

Bar Dark Knight Rise and Avengers, my possible film of the year.

Updated November 19, 2012 at 1:56 PM

--

27Gilles said...

Argo

Seen the trailers, looks good.

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

Seven Samurai - possibly the greatest Japanese warrior movie ever!

Next up - Tora! Tora! Tora! - "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant"

--

27Gilles said...

Argo - bloody awesome and I know it is based on actual events, but it didn't stop me from sitting on the edge of my seat.

Seconded. If it wasn't a true story, you'd think it was too far-fetched! (Synopsis for those who don't know: In 1980, the CIA, with help from Hollywood, extracted six American fugitives from Iran by posing as a film crew for a Star Wars rip-off movie.)

The Master - don't bother! Just don't...

--

Looper - very good.

Extracted - very good.

A combined total of 19.8 out of 20.

27Gilles said...

Argo - bloody awesome and I know it is based on actual events, but it didn't stop me from sitting on the edge of my seat. You are well aware off the storm brewing up from the very beginning. Hats of to Ben Affleck, along with a stellar cast - John Goodman, Allen Arkin(the star of the film IMO), and the guy from Breaking Bad/Malcom In The Middle dad.

Bar Dark Knight Rise and Avengers, my possible film of the year.

I enjoyed this a lot and more impressively my particularly fussy film-buff friend liked it too. It did seem to lack a little depth somehow but the look of the film and the 70's style adds a lot to it. Affleck's character was good without having to be an all or nothing kind of guy.

7/10 attacks on the US Embassy and a big rush to shred everything in site

HEAT

I'm not sure how I have missed watching this before. Stuck this on this early this afternoon and by the time it had finished it was dark.

Great film nonetheless.

Edit: Actually, not great but alright.

Updated November 28, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Hidden

Great film about a French couple's deterioration as voyeur videotapes and sinister notes are left on their doorstep from an unknown source.

9 headless chickens out of 10.

--

"Drink, drugs and driving a black Porsche Carrera what a big brave man he is, also a father and husband, HOW SO VERY SCARY!!!!!!!"

^ Fantastic

N said...

^ Fantastic

Most of Haneke's stuff is. Not for the faint hearted though.

--

"Drink, drugs and driving a black Porsche Carrera what a big brave man he is, also a father and husband, HOW SO VERY SCARY!!!!!!!"

End of Watch: Style over substance with a story put together in five minutes. Just like an LA cop drama should be.

Great fun 8 gold AK47s out of 10 :)

--

Caterham 7 - Seat, steering wheel, pedals, er... Lights?

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular