Forums > General > Sticky(ish): Film Reviews

STICKY(ISH): FILM REVIEWS

Might give it another shot though seeing it has mucho scantily clad Jessica Alba at the start.

Worth perversering...

--

Mash

Catfish - a film about a relationship on Facebook. I'd seen it had some good reviews so managed to get hold of a copy. Not going to describe it in any detail because it risks being a spoiler, but I thought it was great. There aren't many films in which I haven't fallen asleep or lost interest recently.

You'll struggle to get hold of it though, I think.

Looks pretty readily available to those in the know, Jobbo...

--

Mash

MegaMind

I really enjoyed this. Made me actual LOL in real life proper hard a few times. Lots of adult jokes in it & plenty for the kids to enjoy - & a good old fashioned moral ending for them too.

8 speeiders out of 10

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

Al_McD said...

duncs500 said...

We've just chucked on Aliens, it is truly insane that Cameron could have directed this and Avatar. This film is mega.

Do you not think that the bit where they are rocking around the spaceship with the big robo-exoskleton jobbies in Avatar is strangely reminiscent of something?

You aren't the first to point that out.

Oatmeal linky

--

"Evana is witty and seemingly unfazed by anything"

"Ninja poster. Emerges from shadows deals killer blow/ comedy gold and disapearred from whence she came."

Tastefully kinky

Gran Torino: 6 out of 8 thirsty, all-American cylinders. Some of the acting seemed pretty poor, but still very good overall I thought.

Updated January 12, 2011 at 2:27 PM

JL said...

Wall Street - Money Never Sleeps

Has anyone watched this yet ? Don ?

Yeah, wasn't blown away by it but wasn't too dissapointed. Lots of things didn't add up. That stuff with the Ducatis, WTF? I wonder if there'll be a directors cut with less of the love story b011ocks.

Inception - good but very very flawed, certainly not a 10/10

Kick Ass - what's all the fuss about? It's all been done before*, it just has a young girl dropping the c-bomb and that has also been done before in Fish Tank.

"hey, why don't people just start being superheroes"
"Like Mystery men you mean"
"They could just get a suit and stuff"
"Like in MYSTERY MEN"
"But I'd get my ass kicked, that would be unusual"
"WATCH FUCCKING MYSTERY MEN"

Updated January 12, 2011 at 11:20 PM

Step Brothers

(yeah yeah welcome to 2008 etc)

This wasn't that well received, was it ? I thought it was bloody hilarious !

Wasn't really paying attention to the plot, if it had one, but the one-line insults and general crapness was very, very amusing.

8.1 out of 10.

You are correct. Wiping his ballbag on the drums was a particular highlight for me.

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

Yeah kinda slipped by everyone's radar, but watched it last week and thought it was pretty f*cking funny. Not as good as Anchorman, but I've ruined that by watching it too much.

127 Hours

Brilliant. How you make an involving 2-hour film about a guy not being able to move is remarkable.

8.9 / 10

Eastwu said...

127 Hours

Brilliant. How you make an involving 2-hour film vaguely watchable about a guy not being able to move is remarkable. But it was still a bit pap

5.9 / 10

Despicable Me: good for a non-pixar. Obvious plot, but still entertaining. 7/10.

_ said...

Despicable Me: good for a non-pixar. Obvious plot, but still entertaining. 7/10.

I watched it on the plane to Hong Kong - it was absolute crap. Proper vomit inducing schmaltz with no redeeming features.

--

Cheers

Rich

Rich B said...

I watched it on the plane to Hong Kong - it was absolute crap. Proper vomit inducing schmaltz with no redeeming features.

You are entitled to your opinion. TBH I enjoy most films that I watch, but then I'm not a miserable cuntyballs I guess :)

_ said...

Rich B said...

You are entitled to your opinion. TBH I enjoy most films that I watch, but then I'm not a miserable cuntyballs I guess :)

I am a miserable cuntyballs, and I enjoyed it.

Gwaredd said...

You are correct. Wiping his ballbag on the drums was a particular highlight for me.

I have this in my "to-watch" list, it is reviews such as this and JL's that have bumped it further up the list.

Sounds suitably low brow comedy for me. 8)

--

Mash

JL said...

Step Brothers

(yeah yeah welcome to 2008 etc)

This wasn't that well received, was it ? I thought it was bloody hilarious !

Wasn't really paying attention to the plot, if it had one, but the one-line insults and general crapness was very, very amusing.

8.1 out of 10.

Correct, watch Blades of Glory too, if you haven't already.

--

Cheers,
Mike

Hot Rod, watch it it's absolutely hilarious, I might have already posted about it in this thread TBH!

--

Cheers,
Mike

127 hours : Just seen it. Don't know why but I found it quite underwhelming. The cutting his arm off scene didn't bother me and found the film dragged on a bit.

Not my type of film, 6.5 out of 10.

--

3 - 2 - 1 - Go.................

simongardner said...

Anyway - The Social Network was great. Putting aside disputes about how authentic the story (and Zuckerberg's depiction) is, it's just a really good biopic. Aaron Sorkin's script is as sharp as the best moments of the West Wing, Trent Reznor's music is superb, David Fincher's direction is brilliant. It tells the story in a very engaging way with a minimum of gimmicks, managing lots of amusing bits of dialogue without becoming a comedy. Well worth a look, even if "that movie about facebook" sounds like the last thing you'd want to watch.

What he said, a great film - very pleasantly surprised.

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular