Forums > Any other business > Sticky(ish): Film Reviews

STICKY(ISH): FILM REVIEWS
Prev | 1..108..214215216 | Next

JL said...

N said...

I can't bring myself to watch Whiplash.

My God you're frustrating :lol:

I know and J. K. Simmons doesn't act in bad films, apart from the superhero ones.

It insists on itself. Look at how it was advertised :

Can you just switch you off for a couple of hours, and enjoy a good film? You are paralysed in life by being yourself.

--

Much blasphemy ensued, and some menace, which I stopped by dismounting and opening the carriage door, and intimating an intention of mending the road with his immediate remains, if he did not hold his tongue. He held it.

David_Yu said...

Move over Starship Troopers 2, you have finally been usurped as worst movie I have ever seen!

Caught a few minutes of The Losers on local TV whilst on hols and thought it might be worth a proper watch seeing as it starred Chris Evans (Cap America, not the ginge failed-TG-presenter), Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Negan from TWD), Idris Elba AND Zoe Saldana.
So cued it up on Amazon last night. A tongue in cheek shoot 'em up with that cast, how bad could it be?

Beyond belief bad. The worst script, direction, action, acting etc. ever.

I hope they all changed agents after having been talked into doing that monstrosity.

It was a total abortion of a film. It's a shame as the comic it's based on is amazing and the cast was really promising (except Zoe Saldana).

--

I often drive for a road travel

zedleg said...

David_Yu said...

Move over Starship Troopers 2, you have finally been usurped as worst movie I have ever seen!

Caught a few minutes of The Losers on local TV whilst on hols and thought it might be worth a proper watch seeing as it starred Chris Evans (Cap America, not the ginge failed-TG-presenter), Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Negan from TWD), Idris Elba AND Zoe Saldana.
So cued it up on Amazon last night. A tongue in cheek shoot 'em up with that cast, how bad could it be?

I hope they all changed agents after having been talked into doing that monstrosity.

It was a total abortion of a film. It's a shame as the comic it's based on is amazing and the cast was really promising (except Zoe Saldana).

It really was stunningly, mindscramblingly bad, wasn't it? Jason Patric (always terrible) was especially terrible, as if he realised how bad the script was but couldn't get out of it for some reason.

They lost me in the first 2 minutes when the (supposedly) friendly fighter jet was an incredibly sh1t CGIed MiG 21 from the late '50s. I don't think even the poorest tin pot third world air force has flown one of those for over 25 years! Unfortunately I felt compelled to continue watching (although I did drift off for a blissful half hour or so later).

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Just booked my ticket to see Trainspotting 2 on release day 8):D

--

My food blog

David_Yu said...

zedleg said...

David_Yu said...

It really was stunningly, mindscramblingly bad, wasn't it? Jason Patric (always terrible) was especially terrible, as if he realised how bad the script was but couldn't get out of it for some reason.

They lost me in the first 2 minutes when the (supposedly) friendly fighter jet was an incredibly sh1t CGIed MiG 21 from the late '50s. I don't think even the poorest tin pot third world air force has flown one of those for over 25 years! Unfortunately I felt compelled to continue watching (although I did drift off for a blissful half hour or so later).

It's especially bad considering the comic is pretty much a screenplay for the best action movie ever. The artist, Jock has a really kinteic style that makes action look great. He also did design work for the Dredd movie and worked on character design for Ex Machina.

--

Watched Green Room on Netflix. Had heard good things about this on its limited cinema run and really enjoyed it. A young band play a gig for a questionable bunch of young gents and after the gig something happens..... Its an enjoyable watch with a B movie sensibility. Nothing original, but a bit of a new twist on the survivor idea.

--

Cheers,

Mike.

Hardcore Henry (amazon) a rather unique take on the hero slayathon type film as its shot in the first person. Some very impressive continuity, effects and stunts which keep the film going at a fast pace. The parkour scenes are boredering on nuts, I winced a few times as 'Henry' jumped of a building or was sprinting around the top of a bridge. Many parts of the film feel like you are living in a game such as the hitman. The story itself is bit thin and parts of it would help if you were on acid.

It was a refreshing a well executed change from the genre. A great Saturday night film.

A shame the BJ scene got interrupted ;)

Updated January 14, 2017 at 5:40 AM

--

Existence is pain ...

WIBBLE

Sausage Party - :lol:

Ghostbusters 2016 - :)

Ascender said...

Watched Green Room on Netflix. Had heard good things about this on its limited cinema run and really enjoyed it. A young band play a gig for a questionable bunch of young gents and after the gig something happens..... Its an enjoyable watch with a B movie sensibility. Nothing original, but a bit of a new twist on the survivor idea.

I was looking for something to watch last night so gave it a whirl. Gory AF in places but I quite liked it. Patrick Stewart did a decent job of playing a sinister geezer.

7.5 dangerous dogs out of 10

--

F*ck the internet, I was doing this My Way.

Flight Of The Navigator is on right now8)

--

McSwede said...

Never realised Gilles was a Southern fanny though. He seemed like such a decent chap. I shall eye him with suspicion from this day forth ;)

240PP said...

Ascender said...

I was looking for something to watch last night so gave it a whirl. Gory AF in places but I quite liked it. Patrick Stewart did a decent job of playing a sinister geezer.

7.5 dangerous dogs out of 10

Patrick Stewart played it very well I thought, would have been easy to someone like him to go the other way and play it over the top and chew the scenery as he went.

Oh, the brilliantly amazing and uplifting Sing Street is on Netflix. Perfect cure for the winter blues.

--

Cheers,

Mike.

The Accountant

What an odd film. I'm not an Affleck hater and thought he played the role really well, but the production was all over the place.

Clumsy efforts at a love interest that never went anywhere, introducing new (major) characters 30 mins from the end and expecting you to form an attachment, the final scene just sort of happening as an afterthought.

Just really, really odd.

I won't mark it out of 10 as I can't be bothered.

--

Much blasphemy ensued, and some menace, which I stopped by dismounting and opening the carriage door, and intimating an intention of mending the road with his immediate remains, if he did not hold his tongue. He held it.

Supersonic

Documentary about Oasis that follows them from forming the band up to the shows at Knebworth. It's really good, with loads of footage of practice and early gigs with interviews with everyone involved. Shows how crazy fast it all happened for them. I especially enjoyed it as Definitely Maybe was the first album I found on my own and it was the start of me developing my own musical tastes.

Definitely worth a watch even if your not a big fan of Oasis as it's a good snapshot of that time. Particularly apt with the Trainspotting sequel due soon as well, We're deep in the grip of a cool britannia revival :lol:.

Updated January 16, 2017 at 10:05 AM

--

zedleg said...

Supersonic

Documentary about Oasis that follows them from forming the band up to the shows at Knebworth. It's really good, with loads of footage of practice and early gigs with interviews with everyone involved. Shows how crazy fast it all happened for them. I especially enjoyed it as Definitely Maybe was the first album I found on my own and it was the start of me developing my own musical tastes.

Definitely worth a watch even if your not a big fan of Oasis as it's a good snapshot of that time. Particularly apt with the Trainspotting sequel due soon as well, We're deep in the grip of a cool britannia revival :lol:.

Loved Supersonic. See also Made of Stone if anyone's a Roses fan.

--

F*ck the internet, I was doing this My Way.

Supersonic is very good and as with the producer's previous work, you really don't need to have been a fan to enjoy it, it stands on its own as a piece of film-making. Very entertaining stuff and it turns out it all was just as crazy as it seemed to be from the outside looking in.

--

Cheers,

Mike.

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular