Forums > General > Sticky(ish): Film Reviews

STICKY(ISH): FILM REVIEWS
Prev | 1..83..164165166 | Next

It was all fine until that guitar playing dude started shooting flames from the guitar, what were they thinking?!

JL said...

It was all fine until that guitar playing dude started shooting flames from the guitar, what were they thinking?!

He was ace! What are you on about?:D

--

McSwede said...

Never realised Gilles was a Southern fanny though. He seemed like such a decent chap. I shall eye him with suspicion from this day forth ;)

JL said...

That was brilliant.

I think it's meant to replicate the idea of the drummer boy keeping the beat - but in a world where the V8 is a near religious item of salvation, it's not a shock that heavy metal keeps the troops in lockstep.

Also, rule of cool. Well, almost entirely rule of cool.

Also, It's a totally real, with working amps, and was 'performed' at full speed with everyone on it playing.

Apparently George Miller doesn't do non-functioning props.

Updated June 30, 2015 at 1:16 AM

They should let George Miller do the upcoming Top Gun 2.

I also love the fact that on movie review sites where they always reference actors' and directors' previous work just so you know who they are, he ends up as "George Miller (Mad Max, Babe 2: Pig in the City, Happy Feet)". :lol:

--

"Everyone should do everything like Rev does. He's the forum Kanye West 21st century role model" - McSwede

Awsum factor: 49.38

Terminator Genisys - I thought that I was going to hate this, but I very much enjoyed it. Okay, you'll wince at some of well known quotes especially as they don't quite pack the punch when you first heard them. But it does a better job than T3 and T4 (which I enjoyed). They'll most definitely be a sequel.

Oh, and the Doctor is in it, but no dragons...;)

Updated July 13, 2015 at 11:13 PM

--

McSwede said...

Never realised Gilles was a Southern fanny though. He seemed like such a decent chap. I shall eye him with suspicion from this day forth ;)

JL said...

Ex Machina

Loved it - well-acted, beautifully shot and an excellent and interesting plot. Probably not one for the hard of thinking, for whom I recommend Fast And Furious 7.

Can't think of a numerical rating, am just pleased I've watched two films on the bounce that I've both really enjoyed and that were original in some way or another.

We watched Ex Machina this afternoon. A remarkably good film.

Jimmy Choo said...

JL said...

Ex Machina

Loved it - well-acted, beautifully shot and an excellent and interesting plot. Probably not one for the hard of thinking, for whom I recommend Fast And Furious 7.

Can't think of a numerical rating, am just pleased I've watched two films on the bounce that I've both really enjoyed and that were original in some way or another.

We watched Ex Machina this afternoon. A remarkably good film.

I think I'll watch that on Amazon this week

--

Wales Meet

Dan Webster "Your car actually sounded quite good from up there"

27Gilles said...

Terminator Genisys - I thought that I was going to had this, but I very much enjoyed it. Okay, you'll wince at some of well known quotes especially as they don't quite pack the punch you first heard them. But it does a better job than T3 and T4 (which I enjoyed). They'll most definitely be a sequel.

Strange thing, expectation. After the first trailer, I thought this was going to be beyond terrible, but then a few people I know said it was surprisingly good.
So I went in with reasonable expectations, but left disappointed.

First half was good, second half was messy and unconvincing.

I would put it roughly on par with Salvation, below Rise of the Machines and not in the same universe as the first two.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

I thought it was alright. nothing amazing, but a decent enough watch.

I just hated the bloke they got to play john connor. absolutely terrible. he was bad enough as the smug guard in deathrace. God knows how he got a main character in anything after that.

And I didnt like the new liquid metal terminator not being the same as in t2 :lol:

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Need For Speed

Um...

I liked the sounds.

--

Tim

David_Yu said...

27Gilles said...

Terminator Genisys - I thought that I was going to hate this, but I very much enjoyed it. Okay, you'll wince at some of well known quotes especially as they don't quite pack the punch when you first heard them. But it does a better job than T3 and T4 (which I enjoyed). They'll most definitely be a sequel.

Strange thing, expectation. After the first trailer, I thought this was going to be beyond terrible, but then a few people I know said it was surprisingly good.
So I went in with reasonable expectations, but left disappointed.

First half was good, second half was messy and unconvincing.

I would put it roughly on par with Salvation, below Rise of the Machines and not in the same universe as the first two.

Nah, Salvation was a vast, I use this word loosely, improvement against Rise Of The Machines.

I was not convinced by the guy who played Reese though.

--

McSwede said...

In on my own and struggling to find something to watch so I thought I'd stick on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the new one).

Lasted about 25 mins and had to turn it off. Just plain terrible. Megan Fox is awful and looks a little weird after the "work" that she's had done. Turtles are cr4p too.

Sh1t is the only way to describe this film. Do not waste your time!

--

Mike1215 said....

"Rev could learn a lot from you"

What were you expecting?! :lol:

Mad max

Mental.

Initially dissapointed, I was expecting a remake of mad max 2, which I love, so kind of didn't get what it was all about, but then enjoyed it anyway.

Need to watch it again to try and take everything in properly :lol:

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

JL said...

What were you expecting?! :lol:

:lol:

I was hoping for something watchable, maybe a little enjoyable and something that was good enough to sustain me through to the credits.

I'm disappointed both with myself and my overreaching expectations. :lol:

Updated July 25, 2015 at 10:18 PM

--

Mike1215 said....

"Rev could learn a lot from you"

Watched Inside Out today, the latest Pixar film. Has 98% on Rotten Tomatoes and rave reviews everywhere. Justified IMHO. Making sense of emotions, childhood and similar is cinema's meat and drink and you rarely see it done as well as this. The fact that it had great wit and humour as well means 10 what looked like a Subaru Forester's out of 10. Nice return to form for Pixar 8)

speedingfinez said...

Watched Inside Out today, the latest Pixar film. Has 98% on Rotten Tomatoes and rave reviews everywhere. Justified IMHO. Making sense of emotions, childhood and similar is cinema's meat and drink and you rarely see it done as well as this. The fact that it had great wit and humour as well means 10 what looked like a Subaru Forester's out of 10. Nice return to form for Pixar 8)

I just watched the trailer, that looks awesome 8):lol:

--

My food blog

Southpaw

Apart from the fact that the trailer is basically the whole film condensed so there are no actual suprises - it's the typical "loses everything, has to reclaim it" story. Despite this, it's quite an enjoyable watch. Gyllenhaal is very good.

Predictable, but still an easy 7 jabs out of 10.

--

ClubLupo

Ted 2

Not as good as the original. 6/10

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular