Forums > Any other business > Sticky(ish): Film Reviews

STICKY(ISH): FILM REVIEWS
Prev | 1..133..264265266 | Next

Daddy's Home II

Christmas "Family Evening Out" to the cinema - I wanted to see Star Wars - I was out voted..:?

I'm ashamed to admit I laughed more than I thought I would. And my boy and his cousin absolutely loved it.

Setting the Thermostat to 7 instead of 10.

--

People once said...

"You're right Dinny"

JL said...

I still smh that anyone could actually enjoy either Gravity or Avatar.

Both visually stunning, both utter hash in every other respect. Avatar especially does not need 4 sequels.

--

Discoc*nts

1st and 3rd places FECPOTY Shed of the Year 2016

Another long flight another load of movies.

IT not a horror fan generally but this is far more adventure movie with the terrifying clown (and some fairly fcked up Dads) as opponents, really enjoyable film although not quite long enough for some of the minor characters to get more than sketched stores.
A thousand very pointy teeth out of ten.

Kingsmen Golden Circle Enjoyed way more than I expected based on reviews. Stupid chaotic fun, maybe even better than the first one.
Seven Burt Reynolds lookalikes out of ten.

Updated January 3, 2018 at 10:18 AM

NotoriousREV said...

JL said...

I still smh that anyone could actually enjoy either Gravity or Avatar.

Both visually stunning, both utter hash in every other respect. Avatar especially does not need 4 sequels.

I defended Gravity a bit when it first came out because I'm a fan of the director but the story is drivel.

Avatar is shite, the story is Ferngully and it looks like a video game.

--

I often drive for a road travel

JL said...

I take it back - both awesome films, maybe the two greatest ever :lol:

8)

--

Existence is pain ...

WIBBLE

Watched War for the Planet of the Apes on 3D Blu Ray last night.

Amazing looking film. Possibly the best 3D yet, as it is set in real environments and filmed so well (in extremely rare native 3D).

Andy Serkis and the other motion capture performers are absolutely fantastic.
It's incredible they can make such a long and engaging film with only token human characters.

Possibly a bit over-sentimental occasionally, but powerful and brilliantly executed.

Loved the references to the original and calling tame apes "Donkey" after Donkey Kong.
A fitting end to the first trilogy.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Si_ said...

_Tim_ said...

American Made

Pretty decent Tom Cruise film, flying guns for the CIA into South America and flying cocaine back out for the drug cartels, with predictable results.

7 suitcases full of cash out of 10.

I saw this at the cinema with no expectations, and was not disappointed.

Actually quite good, Cruise not so annoying for once! True story ish.

David_Yu said...

Watched War for the Planet of the Apes on 3D Blu Ray last night.

Amazing looking film. Possibly the best 3D yet, as it is set in real environments and filmed so well (in extremely rare native 3D).

Andy Serkis and the other motion capture performers are absolutely fantastic.
It's incredible they can make such a long and engaging film with only token human characters.

Possibly a bit over-sentimental occasionally, but powerful and brilliantly executed.

Loved the references to the original and calling tame apes "Donkey" after Donkey Kong.
A fitting end to the first trilogy.

The fx and motion capture in that movie are simply incredible, compared to everything else being released and even the first of the Apes movies in this cycle.

I watched A Ghost Story last night which I'd been looking forward to for a long time and I was not disappointed. Definitely check the trailer out as I can see a few of the usual suspects now - "its a bloke moping around in a sheet for an hour, 0/10."

I thought it was thought-provoking, profound and beautifully-shot. Definitely need to watch again though.

But yes, it is mainly a guy in a sheet. Who behaves like a d1ck for a bit too.

And there's a hipster doing exposition at one point which might also annoy some.

Updated January 10, 2018 at 8:24 AM

--

Cheers,

Mike.

Power Rangers - never watched the series growing up, but it was harmless fun and better than I expected.

--

McSwede said...

Never realised Gilles was a Southern fanny though. He seemed like such a decent chap. I shall eye him with suspicion from this day forth ;)

_Tim_ said...

I recently watched Snowden and Deep Web, both very interesting watches.

I've got the chance to watch Snowden, is worth my time? I understand Nic Cage is in it. He normally gets on my tits with his 'acting' style. To be fair, I'm told he's good in Captain Corelli's Mandolin, though I find it hard to believe.

Updated January 10, 2018 at 10:11 AM

ilmostro said...

27Gilles said...

Dunkirk is very emotive in terms of the score. That final scene and score with Tom Hardy's final flight in the Spitfire. Outstanding8)

Yeah - it's one of Han Zimmer's best scores.

Actually - due a f*ck up on my part (rather than Amazon's) I've got this on CD twice, if anyone wants to buy it off me. Still in the wrapper.

Dunkirk OST

Also got two of these (808 State is definitely sealed, the Vangelis one possibly not - but as new:

Amazon

Amazon

BUMP - Yeah I dug them out. 808 and Dunkirk still in wrapper, Vangelis open, but played once. Any takers?

ilmostro said...

_Tim_ said...

I've got the chance to watch Snowden, is worth my time? I understand Nic Cage is in it. He normally gets on my tits with his 'acting' style. To be fair, I'm told he's good in Captain Corelli's Mandolin, though I find it hard to believe.

I fvcking *hate* Nicholas "Pensive Retard" Cage, and yet I still enjoyed Snowden.

--

Tim

Skoda Octavia vRS. Ducati 748 Biposto. BMW R1200RT SE. SERV Volunteer.

Snowden is very good. Cage is uncharacteristically reserved in it.

--

Cheers,

Mike.

Saw The Foreigner last night. I wondered why it didn't get a UK theatrical release - I suspect some of the scenes may not have gone down too well. Still...

Big fan of Jackie's work, but this is a bit different from his usual stuff, and he does it really, really well. Old Brosnan bought along a decent irish accent. Decent plot, well acted and some nice action scenes too. Well worth a watch.

8 IRA splinter groups out of 10.

--

AMG Owners

Three Billboards - sublime. Dark, witty, compelling, and visually stunning. The cast is top rate, with Woody Harrelson character tying everything together. Go and see it.

--

McSwede said...

Never realised Gilles was a Southern fanny though. He seemed like such a decent chap. I shall eye him with suspicion from this day forth ;)

_Tim_ said...

ilmostro said...

_Tim_ said...

I fvcking *hate* Nicholas "Pensive Retard" Cage, and yet I still enjoyed Snowden.

I can't let that post pass without once again congratulating Ross for the THE most perfect description of all time, somewhere in the first couple of pages of this thread 8)

--

It feels like that. Like a donkey. On a skateboard.

Maurice said...

JL said...

Oh God not you as well Ross.

Look - Cage plays the same part to the same ability in every film, and Knowing was no exception. It's like complaining your bag of peanuts contains nuts.

Haha, in mitigation I haven't seen Knowing on the basis that Cage is in it. This also applies to any new film with his face splashed across it like a pensive retard.

Page 1! 8)

--

It feels like that. Like a donkey. On a skateboard.

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular