Forums > Any other business > Sticky(ish): Film Reviews

STICKY(ISH): FILM REVIEWS
Prev | 1..119..235236237 | Next

JL said...

GraniteV8 said...

JL said...

Are you a gay now?

I could be hanging out the back of a local male cheerleading team while singing show tunes and id be less camp than most of you losers 8)

I dunno mate, methinks it's a case of the bender doth protest too much :lol:

Whatever makes you happy mate, I don't judge 8)

It was inevitable after my enjoyment in Disco music :oops:

Dave!

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

Indeed - ah well, it's on the table now, let's move past it :D

--

Much blasphemy ensued, and some menace, which I stopped by dismounting and opening the carriage door, and intimating an intention of mending the road with his immediate remains, if he did not hold his tongue. He held it.

GraniteV8 said...

I could be hanging out the back of a local male cheerleading team while singing show tunes and id be less camp than most of you losers 8)

Dave!

:lol:

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

27Gilles said...

Si_ said...

David_Yu said...

Ascender said...

David_Yu said...

Having also been disappointed by Spider-Man Homecoming, I am wondering if it is worth a third-visit-to-the-cinema-in-a-fortnight trip to see War For the Planet of the Apes?

I love the first two Apes movies and this one seems to be getting very good reviews so i'd have thought its a pretty safe bet? I wonder how many they're going to make in the series before that spacecraft returns to Earth?

What did you not like about Spiderman? That's been getting really good reviews too, especially from those who loved the comic books.

I guess I was expecting another epic non-Avengers MCU movie along the lines of Doctor Strange or Ant Man, but this was altogether (and deliberately) smaller in scale.
It was designed to appeal to the teen/high school market and as such not to me so much.

Starts off brilliantly and there are some great moments, but thought the middle third sagged badly and could have done with some judicious editing.

It wasn't terrible, just disappointing. All the other MCU movies (bar the Hulk ones) have been at least 8/10 for me.

Even Iron Man 2? :shock:

Quite. Iron Man 2 was the pits. One of the biggest mistakes that MCU made was replacing Terence Howard with Don Cheadle as Jim Rhoades.

Iron Man 2 wasn't that bad. Downey Jr was great as always, Mickey Rourke was suitably angry and repulsive and Sam Rockwell was hilarious as Justin Hammer.

Cheadle doesn't look like a superhero, but he is a great actor.

Anyway, yes I rate Iron Man 2 above Spiderman Homecoming.
But you know what? People are allowed to like different things.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

The Circle (2017)

Emma Watson plays a new recruit in a tech company headed by Tom Hanks. Tech company and Hanks' character draw obvious real life parallels with tech companies and the people that run them. Bad things are coming. Thank god we have this poorly scripted film foresee future events and warn us about the power of the internet and the risk of sacrificing privacy for connectedness and social networking.

Seriously, Hanks usually never picks a bad script. How did he end up on this one? And Watson proves that she really, really can't act.

The only saving grace is that it's short and the end comes quite suddenly. It has almost no other redeeming qualities.

4 'likes' out of 10.

--

Defacing the evo forum since 2000

David_Yu said...

But you know what? I am allowed to like different things to everyone else.

EFA.;)

--

Now stop trolling me you hat-wearing thundermut.

_Who_ said...

[b]
Seriously, Hanks usually never picks a bad script. How did he end up on this one? And Watson proves that she really, really can't act.

You say that but he's made like 3 or 4 movies based on Dan Brown books.

--

I often drive for a road travel

Baby Driver was excellent - I hate musicals/dancing but the opening scene was brilliantly done if you have the ability to just sit back and watch the sheer amount of detail in it.

As a fan of Spaced from the very beginning I'm definitely a bit biased towards anything Edgar Wright does, but it was great to see him do a proper Hollywood film in his style (and without Pegg/Frost/etc). The casting was excellent, the soundtrack was excellent (even though I thought the queen song was a bad choice), visually it was superb and even the car chases were great.

Definitely worth seeing on a big screen though.

--

Cheers

Rich

I rewatched Captain Phillips as it's now on Netlix. Good film.

--

Tim

Skoda Octavia vRS. Ducati 748 Biposto. BMW R1200RT SE

Buy this post for only £9,000!

_Tim_ said...

I rewatched Captain Phillips as it's now on Netlix. Good film.

Interesting. One of my first thoughts after watching it was, that despite how good I thought the film was, that it had little re-watch appeal. For me a lot of the enjoyment came from the suspense (because I didn't know the true story behind it).

I thought that maybe the second half would be a tougher watch if you know the ending.

--

Defacing the evo forum since 2000

To be fair the last time I watched it was a badly pirated version when it first came out. The irony of which was completely lost on the someone-elses-problem-now that downloaded it. :lol:

I'd remembered how it ended, but not much inbetween.

--

Tim

Skoda Octavia vRS. Ducati 748 Biposto. BMW R1200RT SE

Buy this post for only £9,000!

Escaped the family for a couple of hours to catch Dunkirk. Excellent in every way, ignore the idjits complaining about lack of dialogue/characterisation and go see it at the pictures.

Ghost in the Shell (new one)

That was alright, really. Took enough liberties with the source material to feel a bit different, enough references and scenes from the original (done pretty well) to feel connected to the universe, Scarlett did a pretty good job of playing someone robotic.

No, she's not a bad actor, that's just the character of the Major. She's emotionally pretty void because she's a brain in fecking robot.

Good production design, soundtrack was alright, and a nice selection of tricked up 80s cars (and even a Lotus Excel in there). Lots to like about it.

I didn't mind it at all. Six spider tanks out of ten.

Beany said...

I thought it was total waste of time, made the mistake of rewatching the original beforehand so everything about the remake grated horribly.

RobYob said...

Beany said...

I thought it was total waste of time, made the mistake of rewatching the original beforehand so everything about the remake grated horribly.

Y'see, I didn't as I wanted to see it without too much prejudice.

It could have been a whole lot worse. I mean, have you seen some of the live action adaptations of anime/manga properties...?

Being a bit meh and average with pretty visuals makes it pretty exceptional on that scale.

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular