Forums > General > Sticky(ish): Film Reviews

STICKY(ISH): FILM REVIEWS
Prev | 1..80..158159160 | Next

David_Yu said...

I noticed on the poster that "The Wachowski Brothers" have now become "The Wachowskis" after one of them had their sex change...

Ah - that explains credit

'Produced by:

Lana Wachowskis
Andy Wachowskis'

Updated February 14, 2015 at 12:06 AM

--

Jimmy Choo said...

Hang on, Motors is on Freeview now??? I'm off to rescan!

ilmostro said...

Yeah - it's only been mentioned on this forum about 10 million times!

So to elaborate my 2 minds:

On one hand it's the most visually stunning film I've ever seen. I'd liken it to seeing Star Wars the first time, or Avatar.

On the other it was pretty derivative stuff.

There are some interesting concepts though.

Such as in an infinite universe, mankind would have infinite resources at his disposal. So the only thing of value would be his time. And he would do anything to get more of it.

The film is complete in it's ending, but I can see them doing another if it does well. It actually needs a sequel, as there are enough subplots to explore.

Updated February 7, 2015 at 1:01 AM

--

Jimmy Choo said...

ilmostro said...

the wee man is on netflixs!!!

A must watch imo

Ilmostro your new avatar suxs donkey d1ck :)

Updated February 10, 2015 at 10:08 AM

--

Kittyland Love Center

WIBBLE

_ said...

GraniteV8 said...

NotoriousREV said...

The Theory of Everything

Eddie Tremayne's performance is amazing as Stephen Hawking, his performance is very detailed and so well studied that you forget it's an actor playing Hawking. Felicity Jones as his wife is great too, I think I may have become a little besotted with her, to be honest.

There's very few exploding helicopters in it and rather a lot of emotions and feelings and such but it's still a good watch.

8x10^0/10x10^0

Went to see this last week at the cinema, had a bit of a man tear at the stairs scene and thought that acting was incredible, even him sitting in his chair was incredibly convincing.

10/10

Dave!

I agree, fantastic film, I want to go and see it again. I'm a soppy twat at heart though, I like things that tug on my heartstrings a bit.

All of this. Brilliant film, brilliant acting, brilliant man.

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

Guardians of the Galaxy - Superb!

8 rodents out of 10

Karen Gillan is FAF even with blue skin and no hair

John Wick

Not out in the UK yet - April 10th here (I saw it in the States*) but absolutely loved this film. Great action, great gunplay scenes. plot is nothing new and fairly flat, but totally not needed in this brain-out action.

If you like your action/revenge films (eg Taken) you've gotta see it.

9 car-stealing, pet-killing gangsters out of 10.

--

ClubLupo

MattyB_ said...

John Wick

Not out in the UK yet - April 10th here (I saw it in the States*) but absolutely loved this film. Great action, great gunplay scenes. plot is nothing new and fairly flat, but totally not needed in this brain-out action.

If you like your action/revenge films (eg Taken) you've gotta see it.

9 car-stealing, pet-killing gangsters out of 10.

Yep, great film, I saw in it the States too, umm, I was with Matt, yes that's it...

ilmostro said...

Jupiter Ascending Review:

I'm in 2 minds about this film ( although that normal for me ;) )

Firstly it works in 3D, really well IMO.

Visually it's the best looking film I've ever seen!

Music was good, but was a rip off in places of Hans Zimmer, Bear McCreary and a few others. Still I like all their stuff, so I'm fine with it.

The film is pretty enjoyable and is paced and edited pretty well.

There are loads of homages to many many films from the last 100 years.

At one point I thought I was watching Brazil. Then low an behold Terry Gilliam turns up!

There are bits nicked straight from Blade Runner.

There is a Ray Harryhausen bit for about 3 seconds.

There are bit that are nicked from Terminator, Aliens, all the Star Wars films, Flash Gordon, James Bond (the bad guy live in the Red Spot on Jupiter, not a hollowed out volcano), Gladiator (the baddies are 1000000000 year old Roman Dynasty), Dune, Prometheus, Spiderman (the surfer), Predator, Bat Man, Tron Legacy, a bit the was like ET, Close Encounters, another scene with little green men in a corn field (Signs and probably a few other Alien Abduction Movies), and probably a zillion others!

It was like a cut'n'paste of every film that you like, FFS!

There were quite a few in references. Mila Kunis is on the poster in the clinic, the voice of the life support. A few others I forgot.

Over all - go see it.

Mark Kermode's take, I'd agree.

--

Jimmy Choo said...

ilmostro said...

Gone Girl - Tosh!

80% dull with 20% of not very interesting. Sick as fvck for paying £4.99 on Box Office and wasting 2 and a bit hours of my life.

ilmostro said...

Over all - go see it.

I know I sound like I work for Warner Bros!

But, even if the film is a totally incoherent pile of sh!t, it is basically what I am on this forum - Bonkers and worth a look!

I'd like to hope I give you some comedy entertainment value, in my totally insane ramblings.

Updated February 14, 2015 at 12:01 AM

--

Jimmy Choo said...

ilmostro said...

ilmostro said...

ilmostro said...

Over all - go see it.

But, even if the film is a totally incoherent pile of sh!t, it is basically what I am on this forum - Bonkers and worth a look!

I'd like to hope I give you some comedy entertainment value, in my totally insane ramblings.

Only if you pirate it.

If you actually pay for a ticket, you're encouraging them to keep trying. And the Wachowskis have done nothing good since The Matrix - period.

Beany said...

ilmostro said...

ilmostro said...

Over all - go see it.

Only if you pirate it.

If you actually pay for a ticket, you're encouraging them to keep trying. And the Wachowskis have done nothing good since The Matrix - period.

Christ, you Scottish tw@t's really are tight fisted cvnts, aren't you! ;)

Updated February 14, 2015 at 1:13 AM

--

Jimmy Choo said...

ilmostro said...

Whiplash

This genuinely gripped me. I haven't been so immersed in a film in such a long time. J.K.Simmons and Miles Teller spar for nigh on the entire 100 minutes. The tension ramps almost from the get go and just when you think it's been uncorked, near the end, it kicks right back in and then some. It's like Rocky but with the battle over a drum kit and set to a jazz score.

It's actually possibly gone right into my top ten of all time. I'd need to see it again before fixing that though.

10 cymbals to head out of 10

Swervin_Mervin said...

Whiplash

This genuinely gripped me.

Yeah - I think I'll see that film ASAP!

--

Jimmy Choo said...

ilmostro said...

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular