Forums > General > Sticky(ish): Film Reviews

STICKY(ISH): FILM REVIEWS
Prev | 1..77..151152153 | Next

Yeah, I had to go to work so didn't have time for it yesterday :). I think it's the better of the two Ryan Gosling ones.

--

I often drive for a road travel

Saw Interstellar last night. I know it was a Tuesday but given all the good things I've heard about it I was surprised that there was less than a dozen people in for it.

Loved it, fantastic film. 9 2001 nods out of 10.

About six months late but Guardians of the Galaxy was fantastic. I regret not seeing it on the big screen.

And a little nerdgasm moment to see the Bandit Captain with something very like a Knife Missile from Iain M Bank's Culture series (outstanding Sci Fi for the few who don't know).

_ said...

Saw Interstellar last night. I know it was a Tuesday but given all the good things I've heard about it I was surprised that there was less than a dozen people in for it.

Saw it last night. Really thought it was incredible. In fact, I'm still processing it all. Although I thought the robot things were physically a bit shite.

--

Jobbo said...

Rev is correct, of course

speedingfinez said...

NotoriousREV said...

I haven't seen a single review from a real, normal person that says it's anything other than brilliant.

You cheeky bast :lol:

Sorry, Chris, but I hadn't actually seen your (wrong) comments when I wrote that. :lol:

--

Jobbo said...

Rev is correct, of course

RobYob said...

And a little nerdgasm moment to see the Bandit Captain with something very like a Knife Missile from Iain M Bank's Culture series

OF COURSE! It was driving me nuts at the time; seemed very familiar but I couldn't put my finger on where it was from. I think I eventually wrote it off as being from Snow Crash or something.

NotoriousREV said...

_ said...

Saw it last night. Really thought it was incredible. In fact, I'm still processing it all. Although I thought the robot things were physically a bit shite.

Yeah, they really jarred, the (small) audience I was watching with burst out laughing when they started moving.
It was like Jon Pertwee-era Doctor Who "effects".
Utterly unconvincing and I don't understand why they would have designed them that shape anyway.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Wow, just watched X-Men: Days of Future Past. Utterly fantastic!

I've enjoyed the previous X-Men movies, but they didn't rock my world, but this absolutely did.

Incredible cast, fantastic story, great cinematography, funny and exciting.

I sort of hope that is the last one though, as they tied up all the loose ends really nicely (apart from the obligatory post-credits scene of course).

Updated November 23, 2014 at 11:01 PM

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

It's the last one with the old cast afaik. Jennifer Lawrence is contracted for at least one more and rumour has it that Channing Tatum is coming in as Gambit.

--

I often drive for a road travel

I really liked the robots by the end, and just saw their unusally old fashioned look as yet another nod to sci-fi of yore. I imagine Yu would have preferred some C3PO / T1000 hybrid?

JL said...

I really liked the robots by the end, and just saw their unusally old fashioned look as yet another nod to sci-fi of yore. I imagine Yu would have preferred some C3PO / T1000 hybrid?

They had by far the best dialogue! :lol:
But they looked really out of place and clumsy. And what's with the really small screens they use as displays? I'm sure the iPhone 20 would have a bigger screen than that by then.

In a cramped spaceship, a thin but strong human shaped robot like the ones in the I, Robot film would be a lot more practical, or if it is a Minecraft type built out of adaptable nanobots, then we should have seen it do a lot more.

Nolan likes practical effects over CGI, which I applaud, but that example failed in my (and the audience I was with's) opinion.

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

David_Yu said...

JL said...

Nolan likes practical effects over CGI, which I applaud, but that example failed in my (and the audience I was with's) opinion.

Your audience'ees were all 12 years old. And therefore wrong.

HTH

--

Mito Man said...

my boyfriend also lives in Chelsea

_Who_ said...

David_Yu said...

JL said...

Your audience'ees were all 12 years old. And therefore wrong.

HTH

I do always like how people feel they have the ability to call the vision and production of one person, who has written and produced a film entirely to his own wishes, as "wrong".

Anyway not being a 7-year-old it doesn't bother me that much and I just accept it for what it is, rather than overthinking it as if it's actually something real.

:lol:

Your link text

The Railway Man - okay, I admit that I missed the first 30mins, but I got this gist of it. The acting was stellar throughout, with exception of Nicole Kidman who I cannot warm to for some reason. An amazing tale that is well worth a watch.

--

Tree Trunks, I'm all jacked up because of you. Look at my jacked up face!

I saw interstellar the other day, I loved the first half, but it was just too soppy in the middle for me, and just playing ridiculously loud droning sounds over every scene doesn't automatically make it more dramatic!

As for the robot, I agree it was odd at first, but it made it more exciting when it suddenly had to move fast, and could.

--

Cheers

Rich

I knew nothing about the film (other than people said it was good) before I went to see it. I assumed it was space-based, but I really didn't know, and certainly had no concept of the plot. When the robot thing first showed up at the NASA base (and we didn't know it was NASA at that point) I thought it was about to become the most bizarre film with the weirdest alien invaders :D

Kinda like when I saw Dusk til Dawn with no idea that it was about to become a vampire flick.

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular