Forums > General > Sticky(ish): Film Reviews

STICKY(ISH): FILM REVIEWS
Prev | 1..75..147148149 | Next

Ascender said...

Stuff about Gone Girl

Hmm, without wanting to come across as the spoiler police, that is one hell of a spoiler if you know even the most basic premise of the film!

[Edited to remove your spoiler...:lol:]

Updated October 17, 2014 at 2:01 PM

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Which bit should I spoiler David? The movie narrative employs flashbacks from both perspectives so not sure what i've spoiled :)

--

Cheers,

Mike.

David_Yu said...

Ascender said...

Stuff about Gone Girl

Hmm, without wanting to come across as the spoiler police, that is one hell of a spoiler if you know even the most basic premise of the film!

I would assume he didn't actually kill his missus - isn't that the basic premise of the film?

--

Cheers

Rich

Rich B said...

David_Yu said...

Ascender said...

Stuff about Gone Girl

I would assume he didn't actually kill his missus - isn't that the basic premise of the film?

Perhaps he was saying it was entirely justifiable homicide. :lol:

Anyway, no biggie, I just thought it could give away the whole "did he, didn't he" aspect, but perhaps it doesn't.

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Gone Girl - 10/10

One of the best films I've seen in recent years. It's one of those films you're glad is 150 minutes long and wasn't condensed into a 90-100 minute show.

I normally intensely dislike Ben Affleck and films he's been in but ignored that after seeing the IMDB/metacritic scores, and I'm glad I did.

A real edge of your seat thriller where you dont know which way the plot is going to go.

And some real dark humour in there too, especially for anyone whose been in a long term relationship.

Go see it

Updated October 19, 2014 at 8:34 AM

exiges said...

Gone Girl - 10/10

One of the best films I've seen in recent years. It's one of those films you're glad is 150 minutes long and wasn't condensed into a 90-100 minute show.

I normally intensely dislike Ben Affleck and films he's been in but ignored that after seeing the IMDB/metacritic scores, and I'm glad I did.

A real edge of your seat thriller where you dont know which way the plot is going to go.

And some real dark humour in there too, especially for anyone whose been in a long term relationship.

Go see it

Sounds like a total chick flick, you a secret closet case ;)

--

Making pancake mix on your mums pancake tits

WIBBLE

Hitchcock.

Anthony Hopkins was absolutely brilliant, it was a great story and the whole film kept me interested.

A very worthwhile watch just to see Mr Hopkins strut his stuff.

Dave!

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

Edge of Tomorrow.

Had high hopes after reading all the rave reviews and it does look suitably epic.
Tom Cruise's character starts off pleasingly unheroic, but obviously has to change over the film and the exo-suits, weapons and SFX are all top class.

But although initially intriguing and quite original (and unexpectedly humorous) the finale seems particularly far fetched in far too many aspects to make it an all-time classic.

Still, a thoroughly enjoyable 8/10.

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Wolf of Wall Street is showing on Sky Premiere now, so I watched it last night.

Long, but a great film. I don't recall seeing a Countach with that horrific US spec front bumper appendage before either.

--

Tim

M135i 8 Speed Auto. Alpine White. Faster than Yu.

_Tim_ said...

Long, but a great film. I don't recall seeing a Countach with that horrific US spec front bumper appendage before either.

Haven't watched it yet, but it was a real Countach and led to some vitriol from Lambo fans who decried it being lightly damaged in the name of film... :roll:

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Philomena Cunk said...

Quite the opposite, there is absolutely zero romance in the film..

David_Yu said...

Edge of Tomorrow.

Had high hopes after reading all the rave reviews and it does look suitably epic.
Tom Cruise's character starts off pleasingly unheroic, but obviously has to change over the film and the exo-suits, weapons and SFX are all top class.

But although initially intriguing and quite original (and unexpectedly humorous) the finale seems particularly far fetched in far too many aspects to make it an all-time classic.

Still, a thoroughly enjoyable 8/10.

I agree with Yu. Good film, poor climax.

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

David_Yu said...

_Tim_ said...

Haven't watched it yet, but it was a real Countach and led to some vitriol from Lambo fans who decried it being lightly damaged in the name of film... :roll:

Watched it last night, brilliant film! Did some reading up afterwards and it seems his life was all that mental, and maybe even crazier :lol:

The blond girl -who the wife informes me used to be in neighbours was Awesumz!

--

A yellow loltus

exiges said...

Philomena Cunk said...

car chases? zombies? gun fights? gratuitous female nudity? aliens / giant monsters causing carnage?

--

Making pancake mix on your mums pancake tits

WIBBLE

Philomena Cunk said...

exiges said...

Philomena Cunk said...

car chases? zombies? gun fights? gratuitous female nudity? aliens / giant monsters causing carnage?

Beware Eric, your OH is planning....

Alex_ said...

Philomena Cunk said...

exiges said...

Philomena Cunk said...

Beware Eric, your OH is planning....

:lol:

Got to watch Fury on Wednesday and it was epic.

Great cast, well filmed - well worth a watch. Definitely best film of year so far.

10 dead SS troops out of 10

A place beyond the pines: not bad. 6/10

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular