Forums > General > Sticky(ish): Film Reviews

STICKY(ISH): FILM REVIEWS
Prev | 1..70..137138139 | Next

_ said...

Her

Boy meets girl, etc. Kinda.

Seems a bit marmite from the reviews I just saw on IMDB, but I thought it was one of the best films I've seen in a while.

iOS8/10

I agree although it's a scary look into the not so distant future.

_ said...

Her

Boy meets girl, etc. Kinda.

Seems a bit marmite from the reviews I just saw on IMDB, but I thought it was one of the best films I've seen in a while.

iOS8/10

Just read about that on Wiki. Sounds like its worth a looksee.

Her is a great movie. There's a comic called Alex and Ada that has the same theme and is also ace, worth a look if you liked Her.

--

just the tip

zedleg said...

Guardians of the galaxy

Got tickets to a 3D Imax preview screening through work. It's absolutely fvcking brilliant, best Marvel movie so far. Actors are great, it looks phenomenal and it adds a great new element to the Marvel movie universe. I'd thoroughly recommend it.

10 surprising performances out of 10

Jammy git! Worth seeing in 3D? Other than Avatar, I haven't seen a single live action movie that benefitted from 3D, in fact often the motion blur makes it worse.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Aye, it's the first film I've seen in 3D and Imax and I could see the benefit. The scale of the movie is so big that I think a lot of the detail would be lost on a normal cinema screen.

--

just the tip

zedleg said...

Aye, it's the first film I've seen in 3D and Imax and I could see the benefit. The scale of the movie is so big that I think a lot of the detail would be lost on a normal cinema screen.

Yeah, but that's down to IMAX rather than 3D. 99% of live-action (as opposed to the CGI cartoons) have their 3D "done in post" and it just doesn't look right.

But I think a space fantasy like GotG could be ace in 3D, so will probably see it in that format.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Not quite a film review, but a film review of a film review series. Or more snark.

CinemaSins on Youtube.

Basically, it's a snarkfest on tropes, production errors, plot holes etc.

IE, it points out that the Jaegers in Pacific Rim in the penultimate battle were dropped in via helicopter; yet in the followup scene post battle, it's clear the guys in the shatterdome were within binolcular distance (or, five Jaeger footsteps) from the battle.

Why did they use the helicopters? Wouldn't it have been faster to just walk?

Not necessarily whether a film is good or not (although the stinkers do get a ripping - up to twenty minutes of snark in some cases) but just whether it has something you can poke holes into or not.
CinemaSins on Pacific Rim:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V10KeJgjgCw

Most films can be torn apart if you apply logic to them

--

Making pancake mix on your mums pancake tits

WIBBLE

Beany said...

Not quite a film review, but a film review of a film review series. Or more snark.

CinemaSins on Youtube.

Basically, it's a snarkfest on tropes, production errors, plot holes etc.

IE, it points out that the Jaegers in Pacific Rim in the penultimate battle were dropped in via helicopter; yet in the followup scene post battle, it's clear the guys in the shatterdome were within binolcular distance (or, five Jaeger footsteps) from the battle.

Why did they use the helicopters? Wouldn't it have been faster to just walk?

Not necessarily whether a film is good or not (although the stinkers do get a ripping - up to twenty minutes of snark in some cases) but just whether it has something you can poke holes into or not.
CinemaSins on Pacific Rim:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V10KeJgjgCw

Is that like those cheap BBC3/4 type programs where they rip a movie to shreds because in from one shot to another a pencil has moved slightly and it's presented as if A) it's so obvious that it ruins the movie and B) anyone gives a flying fvck?

--

Out of step with the forum.

NotoriousREV_ said...

Beany said...

CinemaSins on Youtube.

Is that like those cheap BBC3/4 type programs where they rip a movie to shreds because in from one shot to another a pencil has moved slightly and it's presented as if A) it's so obvious that it ruins the movie and B) anyone gives a flying fvck?

None of this sounds very appealing.:?

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

duncs500 said...

NotoriousREV_ said...

Beany said...

CinemaSins on Youtube.

I guess some people need some assistance with their urge to remove the joy from everything.

David_Yu said...

zedleg said...

Yeah, but that's down to IMAX rather than 3D. 99% of live-action (as opposed to the CGI cartoons) have their 3D "done in post" and it just doesn't look right.

But I think a space fantasy like GotG could be ace in 3D, so will probably see it in that format.

Part of it was the Imax, there's one scene in particular that boggled my mind a bit. The extra perspective of 3D was used really well though, even from the opening credits.

--

just the tip

JL said...

duncs500 said...

NotoriousREV_ said...

Beany said...

CinemaSins on Youtube.

I guess some people need some assistance with their urge to remove the joy from everything.

No, this is actually quite entertaining, with better research, targets and barbs at the movies.

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular