Forums > Any other business > Sticky(ish): Film Reviews

STICKY(ISH): FILM REVIEWS
Prev | 1..127..251252253 | Next

Just started watching War for the Planet of the Apes and the mo-cap CG apes are f*cking incredible. At the time fo the first and then second I thought the fx were good, but the first one in particular has aged a bit. These ones are now just mind-blowing in terms of detail and realism.

That is all.

--

Cheers,

Mike.

Ascender said...

Just started watching War for the Planet of the Apes and the mo-cap CG apes are f*cking incredible. At the time fo the first and then second I thought the fx were good, but the first one in particular has aged a bit. These ones are now just mind-blowing in terms of detail and realism.

That is all.

It's epic and Woody Harrelson's character is awesome.

--

McSwede said...

Never realised Gilles was a Southern fanny though. He seemed like such a decent chap. I shall eye him with suspicion from this day forth ;)

Watched Baby Driver before it gets banned/withdrawn from circulation whatever...

Yes, enjoyed it, little nods to The Driver, Heat and Drive in there which I spotted, intentional or not, but which rest of clan wouldn't spot.

I got it off the rukatan.tv app on my LG telly as its not available to rent on Amazon currently :?
As I was a new sign-on I only paid 99p for it as an intro offer too ( which was nice )

--

Wales Meet

Dan Webster "Your car actually sounded quite good from up there"

Not bad for a musical eh Mike :lol:

--

It feels like that. Like a donkey. On a skateboard.

JL said...

Not bad for a musical eh Mike :lol:

Not bad at all, was a bit annoyed about the Next Episode cut though ...

--

Wales Meet

Watched alien covenant. Wish I hadn't.

Just Jon said...

Watched alien covenant. Wish I hadn't.

I preferred Prometheus to be honest

--

Wales Meet

Yes, Prometheus was merely 'meh', Covenant was really, really bad.

Justice League - Despite two great post credit scenes, it's bit of a let down really. It felt rushed and the main villain sucked. Surely the producers must have watched the Justice League series and could have called one far better rogues to battle against. However there are some great references to the Batman Animated and Justice League series in terms of the music scoring. The superhero slam down is epic, and the growing bond between The Flash and Cyborg is comic relief. Overall? Somewhat enjoyable, but no memorable.
Thor: Ragnarok takes the superhero crown.

--

McSwede said...

Never realised Gilles was a Southern fanny though. He seemed like such a decent chap. I shall eye him with suspicion from this day forth ;)

Just Jon said...

Disagree, ACov can be salvaged by excising the stupidest 15min from memory, hopefully a fan-edit can do something like that. As long as like the first film your going in point is "space truckers are a bit thick"

Prometheus is absolutely excerable from beginning to end.

27Gilles said...

Justice League - Despite two great post credit scenes, it's bit of a let down really. It felt rushed and the main villain sucked. Surely the producers must have watched the Justice League series and could have called one far better rogues to battle against. However there are some great references to the Batman Animated and Justice League series in terms of the music scoring. The superhero slam down is epic, and the growing bond between The Flash and Cyborg is comic relief. Overall? Somewhat enjoyable, but no memorable.

Rotten Tomatoes giving 39%. BvS was dull. WW was a bit crap. I'll give it a miss.

--

"It's like he's immortal but sh1t" - @NotoriousRev
"You look like a Jelly Baby from down the back of the sofa"

RobYob said...

Just Jon said...

Disagree, ACov can be salvaged by excising the stupidest 15min from memory, hopefully a fan-edit can do something like that. As long as like the first film your going in point is "space truckers are a bit thick"

Let me guess - is this the scene where they're slipping on the blood like some comedy sketch before shooting their own fuel tanks? If so, that's when I turned it off.

--

AMG Owners

Matty_ said...

RobYob said...

Just Jon said...

Let me guess - is this the scene where they're slipping on the blood like some comedy sketch before shooting their own fuel tanks? If so, that's when I turned it off.

That or the absolutely gash android vs. android fight, or the terrible CGI effects, or the bad acting, or the 'duh' ending or...

27Gilles said...

Your review sounds generous compared to pretty much everything I've read about it. I wonder why they just can't get it right?

--

Cheers,

Mike.

Si_ said...

27Gilles said...

Rotten Tomatoes giving 39%. BvS was dull. WW was a bit crap. I'll give it a miss.

I told my 12yr old nephew I'd take him to the cinema for his b/day and this is what he has chosen. I literally cannot describe how much I am looking forward to it. :lol:

Updated November 18, 2017 at 5:08 PM

--

SD said.....

...it looked like a dog with worms, dragging its arse across the lawn.

I still haven't seen Ragnarok, the showings don't fit my schedule.

--

"It's like he's immortal but sh1t" - @NotoriousRev
"You look like a Jelly Baby from down the back of the sofa"

Paddington 2 absolute winner of a family film, I loved it, Mrs loved it, kids loved it.

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular