Forums > Any other business > Sticky(ish): Film Reviews

STICKY(ISH): FILM REVIEWS
Prev | 1..110..218219220 | Next

robinoz said...

Rich B said...

T2: Trainspotting

Hmm, well that wasn't very good. Pantomime acting, virtually no story, no strong style, plot holes you could skid a black Ford sierra through...

I think this movie only appeals to fans of the first one. I did really enjoy it thanks to all the luke warm reviews. People want to see these characters in action again so for me it was worth paying to see.

8/10 resurrections 8)

i loved the first film. It had a story line, good acting, extreme yet believable characters, strong style, ballsy subject matter, cool soundtrack...

T2 had none on these things.

--

Cheers

Rich

Has anyone seen Split yet?

--

McSwede said...

Never realised Gilles was a Southern fanny though. He seemed like such a decent chap. I shall eye him with suspicion from this day forth ;)

Finally got round to finishing Hardcore Henry.
If you're into FPS games, then it is a must-see.
But beyond the obvious first-person/parkour/mad Russian stunts gimmick, it actually had some hilarious moments thanks to Sharlto Copley playing multiple roles, all with varying Brit accents.

Really well done brain-out action flick with plenty of gratuitous gore, some sci-fi elements and obligatory strip club scene.

Been watching all the Marvel Cinematic Universe films in chronological order with my kids as my youngest hadn't seen them before.

Amazing how well they interlink with each other over a period of over 10 years now and that's without rewatching the often plot-critical episodes of Agents of SHIELD.

Consistently good scripts, production values, SFX and acting. There's never been a cohesive series of films like it. Hats off to Kevin Feige and his team.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

27Gilles said...

Has anyone seen Split yet?

See my post of 29 January.

David_Yu said...

Been watching all the Marvel Cinematic Universe films in chronological order with my kids as my youngest hadn't seen them before.

Amazing how well they interlink with each other over a period of over 10 years now and that's without rewatching the often plot-critical episodes of Agents of SHIELD.

If you make your kids watch Thor 2 the grimdarkening I'm calling the RSPCC.

Back to better MCU finally caught Dr Strange enjoyed it a lot, particularly the cloak which made me think of Terry Pratchett's Luggage.

Hasn't SHIELD gone a bit mental Matrix lately!?

RobYob said...

David_Yu said...

Back to better MCU finally caught Dr Strange enjoyed it a lot, particularly the cloak which made me think of Terry Pratchett's Luggage.

I've actually enjoyed rewatching all the MCU films (obviously skipped the Hulk ones, although perhaps they should watch The Incredible Hulk as that is canon).

Don't get the lukewarm response to Ultron for example, we all thought it was one of the best. Great use of all the characters and actually looked pretty good in 3D.

Thor 2 has some very important plot points towards Infinity War and who's in charge of Asgard. If you want to follow the whole story, you can't really skip any of them.

Only watching SHIELD at UK pace, so only 3 or 4 eps into current season. Feels distinctly odd with GR there...
Best ever TV/film synchronisation was the reveal of Hydra on TV that was the week before Winter Soldier came out, which was perfect and made SHIELD essential viewing.

However, they have since diverged somewhat and I remember someone here saying Feige isn't overseeing TV anymore.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

David_Yu said...

RobYob said...

David_Yu said...

I've actually enjoyed rewatching all the MCU films (obviously skipped the Hulk ones, although perhaps they should watch The Incredible Hulk as that is canon).

Don't get the lukewarm response to Ultron for example, we all thought it was one of the best. Great use of all the characters and actually looked pretty good in 3D.

Thor 2 has some very important plot points towards Infinity War and who's in charge of Asgard. If you want to follow the whole story, you can't really skip any of them.

Only watching SHIELD at UK pace, so only 3 or 4 eps into current season. Feels distinctly odd with GR there...
Best ever TV/film synchronisation was the reveal of Hydra on TV that was the week before Winter Soldier came out, which was perfect and made SHIELD essential viewing.

However, they have since diverged somewhat and I remember someone here saying Feige isn't overseeing TV anymore.

I had to turn off Ultron. The CGI is awful.

--

"You look like a Jelly Baby from down the back of the sofa"

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular