Forums > General > Sticky(ish): Film Reviews

STICKY(ISH): FILM REVIEWS
Prev | 1..82..162163164 | Next

Whiplash

Previous glowing reviews on here are found to be accurate. Very very excellent film and yes I found myself forgetting to breathe at certain points.

9 out of 10 "I have a feeling that's me at work"s. Watch it.

Loved whiplash. A.lot.

Oh and :lol: @ Rich

Mad Max might get me to the cinema one of these days, I do hear perfectly acceptable things about it.

I watched Krull last night

They have plastic armour but ride horses...?

Anyway, I must have seen it as a youth in the past because it was at least a bit familiar.

5/10 - it's high camp without trying to be, which is never a good sign.

Ex Machina

Loved it - well-acted, beautifully shot and an excellent and interesting plot. Probably not one for the hard of thinking, for whom I recommend Fast And Furious 7.

Can't think of a numerical rating, am just pleased I've watched two films on the bounce that I've both really enjoyed and that were orignal in some way or another.

Mad Max was totally barmy... Enjoyed it greatly! Reminded me a lot of this Dunlop ad ...Your link text

JL said...

Ex Machina

just watched this - yep, well toldr story, good effects, strong style, well acted.

Easy 8/10

I'm mid way through chappie at the moment - it ain't great, not terrible, but a bit silly.

--

Cheers

Rich

Watched The Hooligan Factory last night. It's a spoof of all the football hooligan films and quite well done.

7 tracksuits out of 10.

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

Mad Max: Fury Road

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

That was me for 2hrs. To be fair, there were about 3 or 4 points where breaks were provided to blink. Must rank as one of the greatest action movies of all time. Might go see it again.

9 pints of mothers' milk out of 10

Beany, I doff my cap. Krull is fooking awesome! It has a Jedi Master and a Hogwarts Wizard in it!!!

--

McSwede said...

Never realised Gilles was a Southern fanny though. He seemed like such a decent chap. I shall eye him with suspicion from this day forth ;)

Swervin_Mervin said...

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

That was me for 2hrs. To be fair, there were about 3 or 4 points where breaks were provided to blink. Must rank as one of the greatest action movies of all time. Might go see it again.

Lad at work has been raving about it all week, I'm hoping to grab a viewing this weekend.

This review amused me greatly.. <spoiler alert>

Rich B said...

Mad max - just seen it at the imax. I enjoyed it, but it was absolutely relentless - I don't even know if it was good or not!

Need to see it again, sober and not on imax 3d.

No idea out of 10

Weirdly, I want to go back and see it closer up. I was sat near the back in my local Showcase cinema and never felt immersed enough.. that plus the sound felt out of whack, dialogue was too quiet.

Barry said...

Swervin_Mervin said...

Lad at work has been raving about it all week, I'm hoping to grab a viewing this weekend.

This review amused me greatly.. <spoiler alert>

We went last night - was really good non stop action.

--

Tim

saw fast and furious 7 at the cinema enjoyed it, but the cinema was LOUD! like, SO loud it actually started to ruin the film. #oldman

--

Hmmmmm BO! BO! Chick.............. Chick a chickaaahhh!

Been to the cinema for the first time in a couple of years for Mad Max. I loved the original and it got great reviews, so....

Well, it's just explosions and crashes. I'm not sure what sets it apart from any other action movie :?

hoyleyboyley said...

saw fast and furious 7 at the cinema enjoyed it, but the cinema was LOUD! like, SO loud it actually started to ruin the film. #oldman

I didn't know Gary Oldman was in FF7?

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Watched Poltergeist yesterday. Not much different to the original, tbh. 3 stars (watch it on Netflix/Sky if it's on).

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

Swervin_Mervin said...

I thought it got lost half way through and I was expecting more of a story line :lol:

Amazing effects, chicks and stuff getting blown up but it was missing something for me. The main bad guy reminded me of a half-life head crab.

6 smuggles out of 10 peanuts

Updated May 26, 2015 at 12:59 PM

Kingsman.

Sweary.

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular