Forums > General > Sticky(ish): Film Reviews

STICKY(ISH): FILM REVIEWS
Prev | 1..81..159160161 | Next

Lincoln

Was out quite a while ago but is a brilliant film and brilliant acting throughout. The language used seemed very natural despite being very odd compared to now.

Dave!

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

Gwaredd said...

I'm watching Interstellar tonight with the wife, who hates Sci-Fi. I've pre-packed my bags for the morning.

Well, I watched it & thoroughly enjoyed it - even the robots that I was expecting to hate after reading the reviews here, but I thought they were great. Film got a bit weird towards the end, but I guess it had to really, but it pulled itself out of the same weirdness very well.

9 sarcastic perimeters out of 10

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

Also absolutely loved it but then I'm a Nolan fanboy, the Christopher not the Sisters. The robots grow on you :lol:

ilmostro said...

Beany said...

ilmostro said...

ilmostro said...

Jupiter Ascending Review:

Over all - go see it.

Mark Kermode's take, I'd agree.

I know I sound like I work for Warner Bros!

But, even if the film is a totally incoherent pile of sh!t, it is basically what I am on this forum - Bonkers and worth a look!

I'd like to hope I give you some comedy entertainment value, in my totally insane ramblings.

Only if you pirate it.

If you actually pay for a ticket, you're encouraging them to keep trying. And the Wachowskis have done nothing good since The Matrix - period.

Christ, you Scottish tw@t's really are tight fisted cvnts, aren't you! ;)

Fvck off - He's not one of us!

--

Strong Broo Racing

I see Interstellar is out on iTunes, worth a look? Love Nolan's stuff but seem to remember this got quite a few "meh" reviews compared with his other films.

--

Cheers,

Mike.

I would say yes, absolutely. It's one of the few films I've watched in a very long time that I wouldn't have minded paying to see.

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

Gwaredd said...

I would say yes, absolutely. It's one of the few films I've watched in a very long time that I wouldn't have minded paying to see.

and to bring balance - it was soppy and dull.

--

Cheers

Rich

Watching the original Taking Of Pelham 123.

--

McSwede said...

Never realised Gilles was a Southern fanny though. He seemed like such a decent chap. I shall eye him with suspicion from this day forth ;)

Interstellar - very enjoyable.

Guardians of the Galaxy available now on Sky - On Demand

Yahoo!!!! It's feckin great and I shall be watching it again!!

Transcendence - MEH!

Johnny Depp is poor in a decidedly poor sci-fi movie.

Swervin_Mervin said...

Whiplash

This genuinely gripped me. I haven't been so immersed in a film in such a long time. J.K.Simmons and Miles Teller spar for nigh on the entire 100 minutes. The tension ramps almost from the get go and just when you think it's been uncorked, near the end, it kicks right back in and then some. It's like Rocky but with the battle over a drum kit and set to a jazz score.

It's actually possibly gone right into my top ten of all time. I'd need to see it again before fixing that though.

10 cymbals to head out of 10

Was my "Oscar winner" for this season - I found it to be far more enjoyable, enthralling and better entertainment than Birdman or Theory.

Brilliant.

--

ClubLupo

Forgot I'd also watched Birdman on the plane, which proves how memorable it was I guess. :lol:

I admired the "one long take" directing, but it was distinctly odd, but with a powerful performance by Keaton.

Some unexpectedly great SFX too, but thought the ending was a bit of a cop out.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

I hated Birdman! The background drum roll drove me crazy and actually made me turn off half way through

--

How about not having a sig at all?

27Gilles said...

Watching the original Taking Of Pelham 123.

Very good film, much better than the remake, IMO.

--

Jimmy Choo said...

Hang on, Motors is on Freeview now??? I'm off to rescan!

ilmostro said...

Yeah - it's only been mentioned on this forum about 10 million times!

Really looking forward to this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ5Vz8qE8R8

Dave!

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular