Forums > General > Sticky(ish): Film Reviews

STICKY(ISH): FILM REVIEWS
Prev | 1..79..156157158 | Next

Contrary to Zondas views, I really like Interstellar.

One of the better scifi flicks of recent years.

Well worth a look if you like your scifi a bit harder than normal, and very watchable throughout. Last 20 mins is a bit of an ass-pull but it works and it all hangs together well.

85% humour of out of 100%

Beany said...

Well worth a look if you like your scifi a bit harder than normal, and very watchable throughout. Last 20 mins is a bit of an ass-pull but it works and it all hangs together well.

harder? It was ridiculously soppy?!

--

Cheers

Rich

Beany said...

You are joking, this was the second time we tried to watch it and it is appallingly bad!

Rich B said...

Beany said...

harder? It was ridiculously soppy?!

Hard scifi, as in most of the science was actual science as opposed to SPACE UNICORNS SAVE THE DAY and THE ALIENS ARE VIOLENTLY ALLERGIC TO WATER AND DIDN'T THINK OF THIS WHEN COMING TO A PLANET WITH A 70% WATER SURFACE sort of bollocks.

Beany said...

Hard scifi, as in most of the science was actual science as opposed to SPACE UNICORNS SAVE THE DAY and THE ALIENS ARE VIOLENTLY ALLERGIC TO WATER AND DIDN'T THINK OF THIS WHEN COMING TO A PLANET WITH A 70% WATER SURFACE sort of bollocks.

Alien Nation?

--

Romantic BDSM

Gloucester's answer to Eddie Jordan

Signs

--

I often drive for a road travel

zedleg said...

Signs

ZIC.

Seriously, that's one of the most egregious, idiotic plot holes I've ever seen.

Alien race capable of interstellar travel, don't understand the basics of surveying the planet they want to invade.

It'd be like us going to a planet where the primary liquid is sulphuric acid. You'd take one look at the results and go 'nope. nope nope nope nope nope' and find a better candidate.

Fvcking M. Night "what a twist" Shamylan really gets on my tits.

Although Beany is very much doing a Yu're-taking-fiction-too-seriously, he's right about Shalayam - annoying twat.

And why are most invading aliens in SF completely naked, e.g. Signs, both versions of War of the Worlds.

They'd last a lot longer in a spacesuit of some kind!

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

David_Yu said...

And why are most invading aliens in SF completely naked, e.g. Signs, both versions of War of the Worlds.

.............."Yu're-taking-fiction-too-seriously".

QED.

Updated January 26, 2015 at 10:06 AM

JL said...

David_Yu said...

.............."Yu're-taking-fiction-too-seriously".

QED.

Oh, don't get me wrong - I like fluffy, soft scifi too. Providing it's not full of massive, gaping holes that a toddler could have filled with something, anything.

But I do like hard sci-fi, it feels like there's more of a grounding in reality in it.

Beany said...

Oh, don't get me wrong - I like fluffy, soft scifi too. Providing it's not full of massive, gaping holes that a toddler could have filled with something, anything.

But I do like hard sci-fi, it feels like there's more of a grounding in reality in it.

you have to be careful or you end up with gravity

--

Kittyland Love Center

WIBBLE

Beany said...

Me too.

Proper Sci-Fi should be thought provoking.

You'll enjoy Ex-Machina Beany, just been to see it this afternoon

Looks like there are a few good Sci-Fi movies coming out, Chappie, Jupiter Ascending, think there was another by the director of Heat. EDIT: Blackhat

Also some Michael Bay tosh.

Jupiter Ascending look visually incredible, so I'll be watching it for that reason alone. Also Mila Kunis is tasty :lol:.

Updated January 26, 2015 at 5:38 PM

--

"Fashion is what seems beautiful now but looks ugly later;
art can be ugly at first but it becomes beautiful later."

Trailer

--

"Fashion is what seems beautiful now but looks ugly later;
art can be ugly at first but it becomes beautiful later."

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular