Forums > General > Sticky(ish): Film Reviews

STICKY(ISH): FILM REVIEWS
Prev | 1..67..132133134 | Next

David_Yu said...

zedleg said...

Wash your mouth out, Starship Troopers is a great movie.

Absolutely. All-time classic Verhoeven. And I thought it dealt with Heinlein's Fascist overtones very well, albeit from the opposite point of view. :lol:

I'm hoping he meant what happened to the starship troopers films after the genius of the first one. Hoping.

--

Cheers

Rich

Don't know if anyone else has reviewed this one, and be damned if I'm scouring 135 pages of posts to check!
Watched Dom Hemingway yesterday and what a stinking pile of turd it was. I had high hopes for it after watching the trailer and still did until about 20 minutes in. After then it just went further and further downhill, to the point you couldn't care less what happened to any of the main characters. And as for Richard E Grant being cast as Dom's sidekick, I know not the hell they were thinking of. A generous 5/10.

--

www.leatherbetter.co.uk
Make imperfect leather brand new again.

Rich B said...

David_Yu said...

zedleg said...

Absolutely. All-time classic Verhoeven. And I thought it dealt with Heinlein's Fascist overtones very well, albeit from the opposite point of view. :lol:

I'm hoping he meant what happened to the starship troopers films after the genius of the first one. Hoping.

Stupid stupid stupid movie that ripped character names and SFA else from great book. The original script was called bug hunt and renaming it Starship Troopers forever stole the potential for a great movie being made from that great book.
World War Z was the same sort of idiocy and it's a bloody shame.

RobYob said...

Rich B said...

David_Yu said...

zedleg said...

Stupid stupid stupid movie that ripped character names and SFA else from great book. The original script was called bug hunt and renaming it Starship Troopers forever stole the potential for a great movie being made from that great book.
World War Z was the same sort of idiocy and it's a bloody shame.

i guess not everyone got it.

Would you like to know more?

--

Cheers

Rich

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular