Forums > Geeks corner > 60->100 : Take 2

60->100 : TAKE 2
Previous | 123..22..424344 | Next

Seeing as the lamented original has vanished into the ether, anyone want to time theirs again for a bit of fun?

I'll try the Mini over the weekend

--

Roadgoing Group A racecar

Dan Webster "Your car actually sounded quite good from up there"

I did one recently on the way home from Oulton Park. Had Ben in the car too so two up but the 106 did a 9.5 second 60-100.

Not amazing but not too bad.

I might try to do another one and film it once I have mended the car.

Whats up wiht the car?

--

Ben

What was the time for the Sierra again Mike? Or does 60-100 not suit its gearing? :P

--

evo forums resident Porsche fanboy

Marv968 said...

What was the time for the Sierra again Mike? Or does 60-100 not suit its gearing? :P

Well, I could do with a slightly longer 3rd gear that's for sure! :wink:
Just under/around 6 was the best I managed Marv, hard to time properly on your own though

--

Think my 968 was late 6 seconds...with the chip extending the rev limiter to the heady heights of 7200RPM, 3rd gear just about extends to a ton, so it did suit my gearing :D

--

evo forums resident Porsche fanboy

I was hampered this morning by a Peugeot Speedfight in the fast lane :roll:

I only have road angel to check speed with and that has bad lag, any other suggestions?

--

The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on.

IaFG Supercharged Muppet Division

unzippy said...

I only have road angel to check speed with and that has bad lag, any other suggestions?

Purchase a vbox. :D

--

How are you doing? Is you good becos' I want to know.

Spend ú3 on a new speedo cable?

I didn't get out of a 40 limit on my drive to the station, so I can confidently say my 540i does it in about 8 seconds.

EVO have saved me the bother, but I forget what they got.

Thuddmonkey said...

EVO have saved me the bother, but I forget what they got.

About 10.8/11 ish? - roughly the same as my 328i. Hardly surprising though as they weigh roughly the same and have roughly the same power/torque

--

Any chance of a scan of the hot hatch roundup from the Civic Type-R review edition? ;)

Ben__7 said...

Whats up wiht the car?

Outer CV joint boot on the Driver's side needs replacing as it is completely knackered and my latex glove/gaffer tape bodge has reached the end of its usable lifecycle. It seems to be racing at idle atm too which I think is just the Idle Control Vale needing a clean. Also think it needs an MOT now too.

Nothing major but all adds up to nothing happening with it. It hasn't moved since I got home from Llandow.

I'm also going to remove the lower strut brace as I am sick of it catching on stuff and preventing me from enjoying the car on the lanes near home. I'm not convinced that it makes any practical difference anyway. A sumpguard would be a better bet.

13 seconds for the Rallye. Stupid you tube rotated the video :Belm:

Rallye 60-100

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

Is that with the original gbox?

--

Ben

Yes, although it is still sick - coming of again this weekend & back to the menders Monday.

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

Needs a quick shift as it doesn't suit the gearing :D

--

Ben

or another 50bhp :wink:

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

Previous | 123..22..424344 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular