Forums > Geeks corner > Your Fleet Running Reports

YOUR FLEET RUNNING REPORTS

Lovely 8)

Suppose my Cerbera experience was a bad one, my dream car really and managed to buy one when I was 23, the days that I did drive it I loved, it was a fairly crude handler so didn't gel with it as much as I'd like, then the various problems came.

I couldn't be ar*ed to keep it in tip top condition, I always wondered if my journey would end up in the back of a recovery vehicle.

I used the AA so much they wanted me to pay more the tossers.

I'd say you are doing the right thing, move on

Matty, why does the Exige constantly need charged? Wouldn't a new battery sort it?

I do less miles than you, and can leave a car standing for 2-3 weeks quite comfortably without any battery issues.

--

Mash

Could be the size of the battery as they are pretty small.

I would always leave my vx220 battery connected to the trickle charger otherwise it would soon die.

it's not that small, theyre just normal size (same model number as rover metro 1.4 and lancia delta integrale incidently... )

an exige is hardly crammed full with complex electronic equipment. if it's draining a battery in less than two weeks the battery is either past it's best, or theres a drain somewhere that is sapping more power than it should be.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

When new my Elise would last about 3 weeks before the battery wouldn't start it. They're not full of electronics but they do have an alarm (was it made by Meta or Cobra in 2001? Probably the same one on Matty's car as my old Elise anyway).

Within a year/18 months it would struggle after a week unless trickle charged, so I left it on the charger. They are small batteries.

Bit weird really as my mates vx was the same. Mine was kept in the garage so the alarm wasn't set but would still have the same result after a couple of weeks. Newish battery too.

Didn't the alarm set itself after a while? Or maybe the electronics keep draining the battery even when it's not set.

The one on the vx didn't as it had a remote fob you had to use to set it.

small compared to what though? all the car's i've had them fitted to have had alarms, remote central locking, high pressure injection pumps, ecus etc.

i have managed to kill a few, but only by leaving them for months at a time, by which time theyre too far gone to hold a proper charge. a halfords calcium battery has replaced them and i've not killed another. if it won't last two weeks the battery is on it's way out. replace it with a decent one and take the thing for a run every once in a while!

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

integrale_evo said...

take the thing for a run every once in a while!

Would appear to be the correct solution.

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

integrale_evo said...

small compared to what though? all the car's i've had them fitted to have had alarms, remote central locking, high pressure injection pumps, ecus etc.

Small compared to other car batteries. Physically smaller and lighter, so they have less Ah in when full.

It is the Meta alarm - I think the battery is past its best, but even so it seems Elises/Exiges seem to drain the battery quite quickly, no idea why.

--

ClubLupo
Technomotive - Games, Cars, Stuff

MattyB_ said...

And on my usual browsing, I mutherfunking love this. Pricey mind.

For a start its a C4 :?

obviously at that age condition is everything but there were quite a few mechanical changes between after 1992 that give peice of mind more than anything, although these should be sorted with a rebuild.

--

Ben

This little lot just arrived for teh under-cylindered one:

That arm and cap look identical to ( absurdly expensive ) e30 m3 ones. Then again pledge parts are unlikely to be cheap so even if they're the same I doubt there's a saving :lol:

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

integrale_evo said...

That arm and cap look identical to ( absurdly expensive ) e30 m3 ones. Then again pledge parts are unlikely to be cheap so even if they're the same I doubt there's a saving :lol:

My car has been called alot of things, but a furniture cleaning product is a new one on me :lol:

The dizzy cap was £50 and rotor was £30. No idea if they're the same as those on the E30 M3. I can give you the Bosch numbers if you want.

It was the Beru HT leads which were expensive - £150. There was a BMW part number on the box too!

Turbo dead.
<sigh>

--

GiraffeIT.com / Installations / Support / Training
evo featured Renault Megane R26 (c) Barry Club.

Mats and sill pads arrived today just got to get the car back and fit them now :roll:

--

New Skool Turbo Power

YouTube Channel

Sammyturbo said...

Mats and sill pads arrived today just got to get the car back and fit them now :roll:

Nice mats Sammy !

Brother Benjamin said...

MattyB_ said...

And on my usual browsing, I mutherfunking love this. Pricey mind.

For a start its a C4 :?

obviously at that age condition is everything but there were quite a few mechanical changes between after 1992 that give peice of mind more than anything, although these should be sorted with a rebuild.

For £11,500 I should hope so!

Are the C4's that much 'worse' ? I was aiming for a C2, but I wasn't going to immediately dismiss a C4?

--

ClubLupo
Technomotive - Games, Cars, Stuff

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular