Forums > Tech > Your Fleet Running Reports

YOUR FLEET RUNNING REPORTS

Coaster said...

GG said...

Having only non-DAB radio and CDs sucks :cry:

Just listen to the flat-six innit! :D

He will do as soon as he's decided what colour to paint it.

--

It feels like that. Like a donkey. On a skateboard.

Enjoying stripping the interior out of the 964.

Untitled by Ben__7, on Flickr

25yrs of grime

--

Ben

Interesting - I'd never really thought about it before but looking at your photos the pre-996 don't have frameless windows do they.

Surprised I'd never noted that before. I expect for the 996 on it was so the doors could be shared with the Boxster/cabriolet to save costs.

--

PDK frees up your left hand so you can scratch your vagina.

Ben__B said...

25yrs of grime

Stormzy must look younger than he actually is. :?

Ben__B said...

Your son seemed wanting to escape. :D

Did you use the door to form the 'naughty corner'?

--

Greatest FWD ever & ECOTY 1998

Coaster said...

Ben__B said...

Your son seemed wanting to escape. :D

Did you use the door to form the 'naughty corner'?

Or get in?

I fear my offspring's obsession with cars is looking like it may be worse than mine - we've now reached the stage that every time we go anywhere in it I have to let him play at driving for ten minutes first or he screams and throws a tantrum :?

Updated November 14, 2017 at 2:01 PM

--

PDK frees up your left hand so you can scratch your vagina.

He's playing with the bin :lol:

--

Ben

I forgot the sad bit

--

Ben

GG said...

Or get in?

I fear my offspring's obsession with cars is looking like it may be worse than mine - we've now reached the stage that every time we go anywhere in it I have to let him play at driving for ten minutes first or he screams and throws a tantrum :?

I was that kid. I still remember the way my dad handled the situation was by letting me change gear. So he'd tell me when he's disengaged the clutch and I'd then change gear 8) Made me feel like a right hero...

--

How about not having a sig at all?

mik said...

Ben__B said...

25yrs of grime

Stormzy must look younger than he actually is. :?

Shut up...

--

Wales Meet

Dan Webster "Your car actually sounded quite good from up there"

Went to Bedford on Monday for another track day. It was cold but dry with decent sunshine; fully booked with 80 cars, but the track was never too busy once the day got going. I hadn't been to Bedford for perhaps 5+ years; I had always dismissed it as being a track that's too flat with no features. However, surprisingly this time I found it very enjoyable.

There was another 996 C2 there so naturally we had to go out together and record some footage :P

Lead car: 2000 Carrera 2, standard suspension, old Toyo R888, breathing mod, DesignTek exhaust

Camera car (me): 2001 Carrera 2, M030 suspension, old Bridgestone S02A, Dansk exhaust

Your link text

It was great fun having two similar cars on track together, but the marshals didn't like us driving too closely so I had to back off from 05:02 after being shown the 'Space Out' board (and then twice more). We were also shown the 'No Drifting' board twice in our short session - nothing heroic there, only mild oversteer moments.

Towards the end of the clip you'll notice a Ferrari F12 facing the wrong way (and then a drive-by). :o

My car again performed well, with virtually no oil usage after 190+ track miles; it returned with 9 mpg (12 at Thruxton) so I must have worked it a bit harder.

Anyway, on my way to Bedford my car got sprayed by the gritting lorry twice, so I'll probably call it a day now for this year.

Great day.

--

Nice pictures Kin 8)

M235i now done just over 30k miles. Nothing to report other than the squeaky brakes are back. I'll get them checked at the next service interval.

--

M235i

I have slightly lost sense and bought some jdm Subaru heads off ebay, now realising I just need to spend another 10k to finish the job :lol:

edit - to qualify i don't even own a subaru currently

Updated November 15, 2017 at 6:52 PM

Alex_ said...

Nice pictures Kin 8)

The second picture looks like it's straight out of Forza 4 :lol:

--

chris5000 said...

I have slightly lost sense and bought some jdm Subaru heads off ebay, now realising I just need to spend another 10k to finish the job :lol:

:?:lol:

'Coaster'; not in any of those pics 8)

--

----~----

Volvo feels very well sorted at the minute, brilliant commuting car (bar the MPG)

Has full brand new suspension on the front now and all engine mounts have been replaced.

Had to put a radiator on it as it started leaking, and it came out from underneath, which was fun!

New ABS pump motor procured and I've resoldered the control unit pins to get rid of intermittent pump faults.

Also replacing both front reluctors as they are a bit crusty.

Then it's time to replace the boot with a better condition one I've found and flush the gearbox once more for good luck, carry out a wheel alignment and then it's off for a small massaging for more power and then it should last for another 100000 miles hopefully!

I think I've finally fitted the driver's seat in the Porsche satisfactorily so that I have enough headroom to wear a helmet. I can join Coaster for a track day next year !

My spending on bits has been continuing, there's a pair of Dansk back boxes sitting in the garage now, plus a Powerflex gearbox bush bought on a whim. And a set of X74 springs. And a little JL Audio amp that I'm hoping to secrete up under the dash to give the radio a bit of a boost.

Buying is the easy bit. I don't seem to have enough time to fit it all :(

Ben__B said...

I forgot the sad bit

Sort out your formatting, consistent number of decimal places please ! And it's kg, not Kg. That would be Kelvin-grams, which isn't really relevant here.

chris5000 said...

:lol:

Sundayjumper said...

Ben__B said...

I forgot the sad bit

Sort out your formatting, consistent number of decimal places please ! And it's kg, not Kg. That would be Kelvin-grams, which isn't really relevant here.

Oh it's in KILOGRAMS :lol:

--

It feels like that. Like a donkey. On a skateboard.

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular