Forums > Geeks corner > Your Fleet Running Reports

YOUR FLEET RUNNING REPORTS

danwebster said...

720kg's according to the book :D i'd be happy with 750...perhaps i'll get it weighed one day.

There's a place just down the road from me if you're ever passing - it's even lighter than I thought at 720!! :shock:

--

Roadgoing Group A racecar

Dan Webster "Your car actually sounded quite good from up there"

Dan , that car is going to be a right tarmac terrorist.

Stop buying fast stuff. I liked being able to beat Mike :wink:

--

GiraffeIT.com / Installations / Support / Training
evo featured Renault Megane R26 (c) Barry Club.

andybond2 said...

Dan , that car is going to be a right tarmac terrorist.

The popping and crackling and banging from the exhaust was the best bit last time 8)

--

It ought to run a whole lot smoother with less pops and bangs as the new engine will be properly mapped with an emerald ECU and correctly timed cams.

--

Done.

danwebster said...

It ought to run a whole lot smoother with less pops and bangs

BOO! HISS! :x

--

So this is where you've been hiding out! I've only just noticed this new forum

--

Ben

Ben__7 said...

So this is where you've been hiding out! I've only just noticed this new forum

Hi Ben,

Yes, been here since the start of the weekend - how's the Mini going?

--

Much better since i rotated the tyres. Part worn Pirellis are much much better than worn out dunlops. Still going non runflat next time and i haven't had the inclination to fit the thicker rear anti-roll bar yet.

--

Ben

Ben__7 said...

Still going non runflat next time and i haven't had the inclination to fit the thicker rear anti-roll bar yet.

I don't blame you at all - supposed to be much better by all accounts....( and cheaper tyres! )

Have you had any "performance comparison run-ins" with a newer turbo one yet?

--

Clio went in the garage today to have new engine mounts fitted. Mounts were replaced ok but now the car wont start. It appears the immobiliser took a disliking to the guy disconnecting the battery and has now thrown a hissy fit and wont allow the engine to fire. Arse. Auto Electrician coming out tomorrow to look at mine and another Clio in for immobiliser issues - bloody French tat :cry: :P

Mike1215 said...

No not yet. I'm not that impressed acceleration wise, so wouldn't be surprised if the turbo was quicker most of the time. Anyway Mini drivers dont drive them fast :roll: :D

--

Ben

Ben__7 said...

Mike1215 said...

No not yet. I'm not that impressed acceleration wise, so wouldn't be surprised if the turbo was quicker most of the time. Anyway Mini drivers dont drive them fast :roll: :D

I tell you one thing though Ben - Jane's went in for it's first service a couple of months back....and I'm sure something has been "done" to it - perhaps a software upgrade has been downloaded as it is definitely spritelier after it's visit. Even Jane noticed so that was something!

--

Our next service is due in 2200 miles so we'll see what, if any effect it makes on performance.

--

Ben

They're forever chucking software updates on them.
Never cured my yoyo/ stumble tho.

Ben IIRC the airbox is a chokepoint, restricting the top end performance.

What's the air filter like?

If it's out of TLC / Warranty you could always fit a cottonreel ;)

Its just 2 years old Simon, I may have a look at the filter though, a new panel filter may just help.

Never had any problems with yoyo/ stumble though.

We even managed ~30mpg over 450miles at the weekend, average speed was down to 60mph though.

--

Ben

Thuddmonkey said...

They're forever chucking software updates on them.
Never cured my yoyo/ stumble tho.

Luckily, we've not had any problems like that on ours so far ( touch wood ).

Pretty sure the performance wasn't "placebo effect" on Jane's car - she never really notices much....but even she said, 'have a drive of my car' when I got home. Seemed a lot more 'eager' than previously ( and it always feels a bit slow after my cars ) so I suspect some sort of software change

--

Kellie is very good at noticing stuff. She picked up the extra grip and feel after I rotated the wheels.

--

Ben

Col__ said...

Clio went in the garage today to have new engine mounts fitted. Mounts were replaced ok but now the car wont start. It appears the immobiliser took a disliking to the guy disconnecting the battery and has now thrown a hissy fit and wont allow the engine to fire. Arse. Auto Electrician coming out tomorrow to look at mine and another Clio in for immobiliser issues - bloody French tat :cry: :P[/quote]

And its back. Apparently the guy knocked the fuel cutoff when taking the battery out. All working now 8) Glad its not anything expensive.

[quote="Mike1215"]I tell you one thing though Ben - Jane's went in for it's first service a couple of months back....and I'm sure something has been "done" to it - perhaps a software upgrade has been downloaded as it is definitely spritelier after it's visit. Even Jane noticed so that was something!

Nothing to do with the other upgrades you happen to purchase at the same time? :lol:

Col__ said...

Col__ said...

Clio went in the garage today to have new engine mounts fitted. Mounts were replaced ok but now the car wont start. It appears the immobiliser took a disliking to the guy disconnecting the battery and has now thrown a hissy fit and wont allow the engine to fire. Arse. Auto Electrician coming out tomorrow to look at mine and another Clio in for immobiliser issues - bloody French tat :cry: :P[/quote]

And its back. Apparently the guy knocked the fuel cutoff when taking the battery out. All working now 8) Glad its not anything expensive.
[/quote]

It's amazing how many times Sierras have been "disabled" by changing the spare wheel - question will pop up every couple of months on a Ford forum! :P

[quote="Col__"][quote="Mike1215"]I tell you one thing though Ben - Jane's went in for it's first service a couple of months back....and I'm sure something has been "done" to it - perhaps a software upgrade has been downloaded as it is definitely spritelier after it's visit. Even Jane noticed so that was something!

Nothing to do with the other upgrades you happen to purchase at the same time? :lol:

As if I'd do such a thing :)

--

Nice evening here tonight with sun and birds singing and everything, so I thought I'd risk some maintenance on my 80s turbo cronk :)

Bunged all this lot below

...into here

Luckily, no Renault 21T style hitches ...although it is almost impossible to avoid getting oil down the block when you spin the old filter off :?

The Silkolene RACE ( :) ) 710 always look a funny colour but it seems to do a good job.
Couple more little jobs to do and then get my tuner to check boost/fuelling etc

--

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular