Forums > Tech > Your Fleet Running Reports

YOUR FLEET RUNNING REPORTS

Ignis gone :(
To be replaced by a Fiat Bravo T-Jet Sport :?
Picking it up Thursday, felt surprisingly well put together for an italian car on test drive.
Need to find something fun now to go with it.

mik said...

Aha. Guess who was looking out for a blue MCoupe? :oops:

206 owner needs to clean the inside of his windscreen.

Ahh yes sorry, this was the Volvo. I really wouldn't have enjoyed driving the coupe around a wet greasy Cadwell :oops:

16vcento said...

Picking it up Thursday, felt surprisingly well put together for an italian car on test drive.

I can't even begin to understand the thought process here...

--

Discoc*nts

1st and 3rd places FECPOTY Shed of the Year 2016

16vcento said...

Weren't you going to get a 500 Abarth?

Updated November 6, 2012 at 11:27 AM

--

I often drive for a road travel

Test drove an Abarth, nearly bought one but it just wasnt sensible.
I couldnt really see out of it very well and im only 6'2, rear view mirror was directly in my line of sight if i looked left and i couldnt get comfortable at all.

It would also have been an only car, the Bravo is the everyday car from now on, now i'm 25 my insurance is unbelievably cheap on a few cars i couldnt have got a sensible insurance quote on before so im getting something else as well :)

On the lookout for a fun weekend car, not sure what yet.

Bravo was very cheap for what it is and quick and comfy enough for day to day.
I chose it as its a bit more stylish than the equivalent Golf/Focus type car.
Drives lovely, decent on fuel loads of spec, bluetooth, climate, cruise etc.

MX5 no longer has a coolant leak, the heater works properly and it's much smoother and more responsive. Turned out not to be the heater matrix which was leaking (though we replaced that anyway since it was out and I had a new one). Somebody had bent the bulkhead pipe in the past which was the cause of the leak. Mr Flew cunningly reshaped it.

Ignition timing also sorted, it is now far nicer to drive :D

--

Wow was I impressed

I had to reshape the copper pipes on mine too. I think people get a bit rough when replacing the rubber pipes or clips.

This week my car has mostly been getting very very dutty 8)

Trying to find the reason why I am not getting any power to my blaady stereo, it's getting abit boring on the drive home without any decent music :roll:

Gonna have a look at the manifold/downpipe this weekend and weld a new bit of pipe on to get rid of the annoying leak which is currently plaguing the car.

Car is currently on 103,211miles and nearly 1200miles since its top end rebuild 8) Happily revs to redline (smells nice and oily while doing it too) and is averaging roughly 32mpg right now.

Now just need to waterproof the roof :?:lol:

Updated November 6, 2012 at 8:58 PM

--

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.”

Jobbo said...

Ignition timing also sorted, it is now far nicer to drive :D

What timing are you currently running? So confused about it all since everyone seems to be saying different things. Mine runs on all four but occasionally feels abit flat at random points.

--

10 degrees - it was way out, off the bottom of the scale. Kept getting fluffy response which seems to have gone.

32mpg sounds good; don't think I've managed better than 28-29 in mine :lol:

Updated November 6, 2012 at 9:00 PM

--

Wow was I impressed

DC2 was sold about a month ago. No idea about replacements yet or even if I'll bother for the time being. Car would be handy now again at the weekends but I'd never use it during the week even if it was down here in London.

Jobbo said...

10 degrees - it was way out, off the bottom of the scale. Kept getting fluffy response which seems to have gone.

32mpg sounds good; don't think I've managed better than 28-29 in mine :lol:

Ahh ok. Yeah mines on 10 degrees (CBA with all that advance to 14 degree mallarcky) but can occasionally feels reluctant to rev. No doubt this is due to the dodgy homemade air induction kit and leaky exhaust :oops::lol:

Yeah I was pretty surprised by that mpg figure. Must try harder :twisted:

--

Cheap project car if anyone is interested Imprezza Classic Turbo MY99 £500

leather interior and the Haywood and Scott exhaust must be almost worth the asking price.

If I thought I could DIY the clutch on it I'd be tempted but it's a bitch of a job on them.

--

Discoc*nts

1st and 3rd places FECPOTY Shed of the Year 2016

N said...

Cheap project car if anyone is interested Imprezza Classic Turbo MY99 £500

leather interior and the Haywood and Scott exhaust must be almost worth the asking price.

Blimey, is that a seriously lower than average price, or are drivable ones that need a few hundred spent on them for the MOT really that cheap?

tempting. close too.

but as per rev, really don't fancy doing a clutch on my back again, so that's probably another £400-£500 to add on to the price, plus a set of front disks but could potentially need wishbones or bushes intead

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

I'd love to snap that up and send it down to Flewy to sort out. Great hack. Shame I don't need another car.

--

Ben

hmm, an exedy clutch kit is only £150 from ecp, i was expecting double that.

edit, but no spare ncb means insurance quotes of £700.

i'm out. :cry:

Updated November 7, 2012 at 10:09 AM

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

You can get them cheaper than that.

From ECP sister company carparts4less:

Exedy Clutch Kit £148

Transmech Clutch Kit £103

Valeo Clutch Kit £86

Transmech Clutch Kit £53

Edit: Just realised that the ones cheaper than £103 are for the N/A engine.

Updated November 7, 2012 at 10:13 AM

That ad seems to actually overplay the car's faults, if anything. Refreshing.

--

It feels like that. Like a donkey. On a skateboard.

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular