Forums > Geeks corner > Your Fleet Running Reports

YOUR FLEET RUNNING REPORTS
Prev | 1..422..842843844 | Next

It's been an emotional day today.

After 2years and approx 30k miles the original windscreen has been replaced on my Skoda.

Now sitting at 60k, it's running as well as can be expected (105bhp) and I I'm seeing at least 650 miles between fill ups (53mpg approx).

It's boring as but it suits my needs well.

Updated April 18, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Deposit placed on MCS.

Subject to it going through its inspection and MOT should be picking it up next Saturday morning.

Dark Silver pearl, black panoramic roof, upgrade 17" wheels, chili pack, Bi Xenons, half leather sport seats, mood lighting, radio boost and Bluetooth.

It's a 2007 car with 40000 miles, feels like new, and feels very special compared to the Bravo, lovely touches in the design everywhere inside and out.

Like the little things like when you hold the key unlock to open the windows, if you keep it held in it opens the glass roof too.

And the mood lighting that you can change the colour of.

Oh and obviously how it drives, has so much grip and just stays planted when you push on, and quite happily pulls from 1000 rpm in 6th but will also rev happily to the limiter, the power seems to drop off slightly over 6000rpm but if you change up at 6 it puts you right back in the power anyway.

Looking forward to next Saturday now!

Minor update: Now that I can walk to work in under 5mins (literally) the car has barely moved :lol:

I also have a flat drive area so I can work on the car a bit more than I could before, although I've yet to build up the gumption to rip the door apart to clean up the window switches, which are a bit tetchy - I can't wind down the passenger window from the driver side switch at the moment (although it winds up fine). It's previously stopped winding up the drivers side window on a rainy evening, which of course started working the moment I got the door card out and was about to pull the switch apart :roll:

Will probably try to get the new front lower arms cleaned up and polybushed over the next few weekends (or whenever) as well as some other bits (I might finally sort out the boot release solenoid) but otherwise the car won't be doing much for a bit.

Not much else to report.

In the final stages of preparation to fit my brake kit this weekend, and managed to snap one of the bleed nipples. Local motorfactors had a suitable spare, but took every trick in the book to get the old one out. Welding a nut on the stub didn't work, and could I find my 9mm drill bit anywhere? Could I feck. Eventually drilling it to 8mm and smashing a torx bit in meant I could wind the remains out.

Threads seem ok, but don't have an m10x1 tap.

An easier solution would have been to drill the whole thing out and fit an insert. It should be fine anyway, they only need to be nipped up.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

I really liked the Cooper S I drove, nice choice mate, spec sounds good too - how much are you paying? If you don't mind me asking :)

--

Caterham 7 - Seat, steering wheel, pedals, er... Lights?

N said...

speedingfine said...

I'll be honest, given this website's mantra is the thrill of driving, I'm amazed so many on here have bought them :D My 328i was similarly dull.

[flamesuit donned]

"Boohoo my 944 Turbo doesn't do 50mpg" ;)

:) Still miss that car...

--

Caterham 7 - Seat, steering wheel, pedals, er... Lights?

speedingfine said...

I really liked the Cooper S I drove, nice choice mate, spec sounds good too - how much are you paying? If you don't mind me asking :)

£7700 which seems good for the spec looking at other examples, lowest mileage by quite a way and it's at a Mini dealer so full warranty etc's.

It is in superb condition too, not 1 parking dent or scratch and all the wheels are being refurbed too.

Off for a day out next Sunday to get used to it.

Pretty quick looking at the figures Evo got from one.

LAP TIMES
Car 500 Mini
0-10 0.8 0.8
0-20 1.8 1.8
0-30 2.6 2.6
0-40 4.1 3.8
0-50 5.2 4.9
0-60 6.9 6.6
0-70 9 8.3
0-80 11.6 10.2
0-90 15.4 13.1
0-100 19.8 16.6
THROUGH THE GEARS
30-70 6.4 5.7
60-100 12.9 10
1/4 MILE
sec 15.4 14.3
mph 89.9 93.5
IN-GEAR TIMES (3RD)
20-40 3.8 3.2
30-50 3.1 2.6
40-60 3.1 2.4
50-70 3.5 2.8
60-80 4.4 3.9
IN-GEAR TIMES (4TH)
20-40 6.8 4.8
30-50 4.8 4.1
40-60 4.5 4
50-70 4.5 3.8
60-80 5.1 4.2
70-90 6.3 4.8
80-100 7.6 5.9
IN-GEAR TIMES (5TH)
20-40 - -
30-50 9 5.6
40-60 7 5.5
50-70 6.6 5.2
60-80 6.8 5.4
70-90 7.8 6.4
80-100 9.4 7.8
IN-GEAR TIMES (6TH)
20-40 - -
30-50 - 6.6
40-60 - 6.2
50-70 - 6.1
60-80 - 6.8
70-90 - 8
80-100 - 10.2
BRAKING
100-0 5.1 5.3
dist. ft 352.2 354
60-0 2.8 3
dist. ft 124.4 121.5
Conditions: wet

Updated April 21, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Breaks finally on and working. Not really punished them yet, just bedding them in.

Already pleased though, seem far more progressive and easier to modulate, and will really stand it on its nose if you want it to. The standard brakes had three steps, off, on, and fade.

They also look pretty cool. From a distance the discs completely fill the wheels.

Terrible pic,

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Nice work Harry, well done on getting that snapped bleed valve out too :D

Close up pic soon as well, please!

--

Yes, yes, yes, I'm doing that all the time. You don't have to remind me every 10 seconds.

Looking good but please for the love of god refit the spoiler.

cheers

Steve

Three coils and a full set of spark plugs and the 996 is running well again.

One top tip when working on these cars though - the exhaust system crosses over behind the bumper, so if the engine is running rough and spluttering badly from the RHS tailpipe it means it's the left bank of the engine that's at fault.

But I knew that all along, obviously. Ahem.

--

It's not a Golf

Murderous 3 update: The battery isn't sitting in a puddle of water, and is giving out 12V rising to 14V at idle. So seems healthy enough.

Any other things to test on battery health?

Anyhoo, it did it again today, only on the way up a hill. Was slowing for an oncoming car to pass and when I went to accelerate it cut out. So I backed off the throttle less severely and re-appliied. It dropped a cog and set off fine. I'm now convinced it's the 'box that's getting confused when it realises it needs to drop down a gear at low speeds under load.

So could still be anything from an intermittent wheel speed sensor problem to the 'box software itself.

So, the Kia.
Intermittent fault when cold, in reverse, occasional flat spotting and apparent misfire.

Booked in to Kia.
They had the car for a day. It's just over 3yrs old, 21k.
Returned car fixed, washed and valeted.
Wiring fault between MAF and Turbo.
Fixed for free under 7yr/100k warranty.
No hidden extras.

Car pulling better. V pleased with service.

Take note, VAG dealers charging £70 to connect to "the computer".

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

Puncture in my rear O/S about three weeks ago saw a quick trip to blackcircles. This was followed by replacing the front discs and pads with genuine BMW items to comply with the blasted warranty.

Insurance and parking permit renewed last week (both fall in the upper, most expensive bands).

New rear screen being fitted tomorrow after some lovely fellow decided to smash it last night.

Finally, will be sending it in to BMW next week to fix the windscreen washers and O/S heated wing mirror under warranty.

--

Large format print & graphics

Si_ said...

So, the Kia.
Intermittent fault when cold, in reverse, occasional flat spotting and apparent misfire.

Booked in to Kia.
They had the car for a day. It's just over 3yrs old, 21k.
Returned car fixed, washed and valeted.
Wiring fault between MAF and Turbo.
Fixed for free under 7yr/100k warranty.
No hidden extras.

Car pulling better. V pleased with service.

Take note, VAG dealers charging £70 to connect to "the computer".

VAG dealers are cvnts. It's not in the T&C's at all, they just try it on.

I called VW customer services when they tried to charge £70 for 'diagnostics' when the air con unit was faulty (replaced under warranty).

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular