Forums > Tech > Your Fleet Running Reports

YOUR FLEET RUNNING REPORTS
Prev | 1..586..117011711172 | Next

Jon, you can probably find a switched live behind the radio and that'll be easy to slide out (using the appropriate prongs).

I imagine the rear lighter socket will be exactly the same as the front.

--

Limited Marsupial Emoticons

JonMad said...

JonMad said...

Frustratingly I bought a Bluetooth hands free kit/music transmitter [...] the plug keeps popping out of the cigarette lighter

I just realised I have a rear 12V socket I could try out - hopefully the unit will sit in there without popping out. Though no good if it stays powered and drains the battery overnight. And even though it might work for music it's probably not overly convenient for hands free calls either, now I think about it.

When i had the A4 i used the cassette adapter for handfree audio calls. the phone mic picked up the audio and it output sound through the car hifi.

--

Strong Broo Racing

scotta said...

When i had the A4 i used the cassette adapter for handfree audio calls. the phone mic picked up the audio and it output sound through the car hifi.

Ah, yes, that's worth a try. With the cassette adapter plugged in then music goes through the stereo, but if I then switch on my bluetooth ear cock then calls go through that. Will try just with the cassette adapter. Cheers. It's quiet enough in the car for the audio to be picked up when I'm speaking.

--

Because V8

Skoda Octavia III vRS 2.0 TDi DSG Estate update.

Put some more diesel and screen wash in it today.

Almost 13k miles since March. I should have bought one of these a long time ago, certainly instead of that hateful Verso. It does everything I need it to do, is on the right side of brisk and entertaining to drive. There is nothing of any note to dislike about it.

Maybe the fuel economy could be a bit better - 45 average so far overall. But meh to that.

In fact the only thing that really annoys me is my own doing - for inexplicable reasons I've managed to kerb quite badly all four alloys. FFS. I've not kerbed a wheel in probably 10 years and I've done all four in 6 months. :roll:

Updated November 30, 2016 at 4:34 PM

--

Tim

Skoda. Honda (broken). Ducati (broken, parts acquired).

_Tim_ said...

Almost 13k miles since March. I should have bought one of these a long time ago, certainly instead of that hateful Verso. It does everything I need it to do, is on the right side of brisk and entertaining to drive. There is nothing of any note to dislike about it.

Maybe the fuel economy could be a bit better - 45 average so far overall. But meh to that.

I keep toying with the idea of a newer fun car, then I look into costs and warranties for Beemers and Boxsters et al and keep coming back to Octavia vRS estates.

Barry said...

_Tim_ said...

I keep toying with the idea of a newer fun car, then I look into costs and warranties for Beemers and Boxsters et al and keep coming back to Octavia vRS estates.

my brother in law has a fully black '15 one - he likes it, but misses his old T5 sportline so doesn't really seem too enthused about the vrs.

--

Cheers

Rich

There is that yeah, I wouldn't expect the Skoda to be "fun" or exciting in the same way, but as a do it all vehicle that could be hustled (on those rare occasions you find yourself with an open road) I think they fit the bill well enough?

I'd love a tasty BMW5series Touring but in the price range I'm prepared to spend they're all leggy/ruined, and even pushing the budget means they're still nigh on 10yr old.

Can't fault the last 2 Skoda's I've had, tempted by another VRS but decided I was due a change.

All seems well with the 330i, managed over 30mpg today. It's going into the garage week after to get the rear window heater looked at as it's never worked. Should be warranty job but the internet makes me think it's the battery on the way out. If so I will have a fight on my hands not to part with any cash (consumable).

JonMad said...

JonMad said...

Frustratingly I bought a Bluetooth hands free kit/music transmitter [...] the plug keeps popping out of the cigarette lighter

I just realised I have a rear 12V socket I could try out - hopefully the unit will sit in there without popping out. Though no good if it stays powered and drains the battery overnight. And even though it might work for music it's probably not overly convenient for hands free calls either, now I think about it.

Saw this image on another site tonight and thought of you. Couple of rubber o-rings.... worth a try?

definitely worth a try, cheers.

edit: or bend the pins, or try blue tac, or tape it in place :D

Updated December 1, 2016 at 10:15 AM

--

Because V8

I've always found Fiat's terrible for that - my first car (Punto) was the same, and the Ducato-based motorhome is also 'too short'. On the motorhome I wired in a new socket in the glovebox.

Jon

Ah the fabled Italian cigarette socket, it's like trying to keep a loaded elastic band in place so I wedged a bit of foam in mine. The Mito has an upside down cigarette socket in the boot, legend has it if you manage to keep anything plugged in there you get a free LaFerrari...

--

How about not having a sig at all?

The MPS has been home for around a month now - running in is now complete (1000 miles) so I've done the second oil and filter change (first at 500). Also put in new spark plugs.

It was on a "safe" map running very low boost and still felt as quick as it used too. Met up with the tuner on Saturday and completed/finalised the MAF calibration as well as getting the first map revision in. It feels waaaaay better already, pulling really hard to the redline with no let off.

The bilstein suspension initially felt over damped but seems to have settled really nicely and hasn't ruined the ride at all. Equally going to single mass lightweight flywheel and removing the balance shaft have added basically no extra vibrations. I did swap out the aftermarket rear engine mount I had on before for a slightly softer one though so that may have cancelled it out.

The Jetex exhaust is also great - a little more "Burbley" at idle and barely louder than stock when cruising. As soon as you hit boost hard though it sounds awesome

Overall very happy with it. The chassis copes great with the mods and the turbo has added no lag (boost threshold is very slightly higher - 2-300rpm's or so) and it feels like they should have come like this out of the factory. It's turned a warm saloon into a pretty hot one!

Will get some e-start and 60-100 vids when mapping is complete

Mazda is now on winters (with the correct nuts). Noticed a nail in one of the summers as I put them away and once extracted was greeted with the unmistakable hiss of a puncture. Very annoying, will have to get that fixed before I switch back.

Nothing else to report. Just ticked over 119k miles, still does everything we need it to do without complaint.

At last service & MOT it had two bulbs replaced, that's it.

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

Jag going ok. Four front ball joints replaced recently.

With all the small runs and then me spanking it, it is drinking a little more than expected but with such small mileage it isn't an issue.

--

SD said.....

...it looked like a dog with worms, dragging its arse across the lawn.

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular