Forums > Geeks corner > Your Fleet Running Reports

YOUR FLEET RUNNING REPORTS
Prev | 1..473..943944945 | Next

JL said...

Dare I say "MattyB in not liking car shocker"? :lol:

Looking back and as per your previous response, I can't remember why I have this impression :lol:

I'm more surprised that he was unaware how bad the traction control is on those. Didn't you test drive it first Matt?

NicDale said...

JL said...

Looking back and as per your previous response, I can't remember why I have this impression :lol:

I'm more surprised that he was unaware how bad the traction control is on those. Didn't you test drive it first Matt?

"It's like hanging a 60 inch plasma tv in a 10 square metre student bedsit"

Your link text

--

Wales Meet

Dan Webster "Your car actually sounded quite good from up there"

NicDale said...

JL said...

I drove two previously - in the dry it's difficult to trigger it in the dry without really pushing it, which I didn't do on test drives. It's only really noticable when it's wet/slippy.

I have found how to completely turn it off now though :lol: with the downside it also disables the ABS :shock:

However, the gearbox has decided to sh1t itself, getting stuck in gears :cry: new conductor plate needed I think. Will get it hooked up to STAR to confirm, but it's a known issue.

Updated April 19, 2015 at 1:15 PM

--

ClubLupo

I was going to say, isn't there a top secret properly off off setting?

Didn't realise it would disable the abs too, although I don't think that would put me off tbh.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

integrale_evo said...

Didn't realise it would disable the abs too, although I don't think that would put me off tbh.

He's pulled the abs fuse...

MattyB_ said...

NicDale said...

JL said...

I drove two previously - in the dry it's difficult to trigger it in the dry without really pushing it, which I didn't do on test drives. It's only really noticable when it's wet/slippy.

I have found how to completely turn it off now though :lol: with the downside it also disables the ABS :shock:

However, the gearbox has decided to sh1t itself, getting stuck in gears :cry: new conductor plate needed I think. Will get it hooked up to STAR to confirm, but it's a known issue.

careful, you'll get that fat Chris guy telling you that you will instantly crash and he'll point and laugh if you dare turn tc off.

--

Cheers

Rich

Gradual tidying up of the e36 continues.

The spoilerless bootlid I aerosolled 4 years ago had started looking crusty again around the seams.

I had picked a minty one up last year, but never had the chance to paint it before the weather turned. Managed to get it painted on Saturday and although not hot, had time to bake nicely in the sunshine.

Rear bumper which is suffering from lacquer peel on the top surface will be next I think.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

integrale_evo said...

Secret menu that turns on "dyno" diagnostics disabling all driving aids.

As the oil level is electronically read (no dipstick :roll: ) you need to get into the secret menu to access the actual oil level :roll: You can also get a voltage readout.
I have no idea why they felt the need to hide that information behind secret button presses.

Updated April 19, 2015 at 11:27 PM

--

ClubLupo

I'm waiting for my gearbox to do the same, it's a well known problem so it's an easy fix but I'm sure a mate paid £1300 at an Indy. Not convinced it helps much but a gearbox oil change every 40K or 5 years is supposed to help but I doubt it.

You can buy a service dipstick, it's not meant to be left in but works fine enough. Annoyingly my screen only says level ok, I get no range between max and min.

Even I can turn the TC off but not the stability control fully.

Dave!

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

Yeah mines the same - just says "OK" when checked.

Conductor Plate failure is common, it's a fairly easy job to do too, some have DIY'd it (but it needs STAR). £1300 at an indy sounds pricy, I think Merc only charge about £1500.

What annoys me even more is I only had the gearbox oil changed 2 weeks ago, and it'll have to be done again. Waste of £200!

I'm popping to get mine looked at this afternoon, will see what they say.

Updated April 20, 2015 at 10:46 AM

--

ClubLupo

MattyB_ said...

integrale_evo said...

Secret menu that turns on "dyno" diagnostics disabling all driving aids.

As the oil level is electronically read (no dipstick :roll: ) you need to get into the secret menu to access the actual oil level :roll: You can also get a voltage readout.
I have no idea why they felt the need to hide that information behind secret button presses.

At least the weather is lovely at present for your AMG.

It's rip snorting nature seems far more appealing than an MX5 for me....although I'd rather have a manual box in it

--

Wales Meet

Dan Webster "Your car actually sounded quite good from up there"

Mini has been in for a check today and it's booked in the 8th of May for a new timing chain and associated gubbins, I'm tempted to get something RWD again but I had such a fun drive today to the dealers in it it's definitely staying.

It's off for its MOT in an hour as well.

406 needs an Engine temp sensor so that's this weekends job as its stopped starting when it's hot now as it floods because it constantly thinks it coolant is -40oC.

Scirocco just had its 4th annual service and MOT. No problems or advisories. First time I got one of those vehicle health check videos sent to me earlier in the day - "Mr XX, err... there's nothing wrong with your car." :lol:. Cost me £221, not bad and cheaper than my previous Civic.

Got a 1L 64 plate Bluemotion Polo as a courtesy car, which was pretty good to drive and well screwed together with DAB, phone prep and touchscreen display. It's also the first time that I driven a car with start-stop and I'm surprised how quick the engine fires up as the clutch is engaged. Not bad little cars but pricey at £15k+ and the MPG over mainly motorways and a bit of town driving isn't exactly sensational.

--

DSG + FWD going, Manual + RWD coming

MOT Passed 8)

16vcento said...

Mini has been in for a check today and it's booked in the 8th of May for a new timing chain and associated gubbins, I'm tempted to get something RWD again but I had such a fun drive today to the dealers in it it's definitely staying.

It's off for its MOT in an hour as well.

406 needs an Engine temp sensor so that's this weekends job as its stopped starting when it's hot now as it floods because it constantly thinks it coolant is -40oC.

N47 diesel?

After 9 weeks my F11 passed through 10000 miles this morning. It needs new rears so booked in on Wednesday. Fronts aren't too far off either. Changing from the Bridgestone ER300's to Dunlop Sport Maxx GT. Kwik-Fit surprisingly competitive at £167.47 each fitted.

Economy so far is 38-39mpg which I am happy enough with considering how I have been driving it. In the first 10k it has been nothing short of superb. A great cruiser for long motorway trips and fantastic fun for a big car to throw down a twisty road. It's quiet, comfy and the gearbox is excellent. I'm loving it!!

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular