Forums > Tech > Your Fleet Running Reports

YOUR FLEET RUNNING REPORTS
Prev | 1..567..113211331134 | Next

NotoriousREV said...

Ben__B said...

scotta said...

NotoriousREV said...

Ben's never let me drive his car or talk to his family.

There may be a reason for this....

He's never asked?

Probably because we've only met once (I think?) so I figured it would be rude on our first date.

How many times do you think I've met Ste?

--

Ben

Nice write up Ste, shame that the Lotus was living up to it's name:(

--

The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on.

IaFG Supercharged Muppet Division

Jobbo said...

Swervin_Mervin said...

Jobbo said...

Mike, when my 545i gearbox was having issues it didn't seem to record any faults - despite going into some sort of gearbox failsafe mode. However, I managed to get it to do it and turned up at Sytner while it was still running; that allowed them to see the code and diagnose that I needed a new box. So don't turn it off if possible!

What issues were you having Simon?

This is an issue I've read about before. Seems to be it gets a little confused by an enthusiastic launch sometimes and realises it needs to change down into 1. Then gets stuck halfway.

I might try that though next time and drop by the indie if possible.

Erm, the gearbox was going into some sort of failsafe mode :lol: It flashed up on the dash and stuck in one gear. Went away if you turned it off and on again. Prior to that there had been no indication of impending failure other than a perceptible regular blip, like drive stopping for a tiny moment, if you were sat on a flat road on cruise control at about 40mph.

oh yeah :oops::lol:

Aside from this very occasional issue, the 'box behaves impeccably. I will definitely endeavour to get it to the indie next time it happens though. Either that or I might get a reader/coder

Updated August 23, 2016 at 4:25 PM

Ben__B said...

NotoriousREV said...

Ben__B said...

scotta said...

NotoriousREV said...

There may be a reason for this....

He's never asked?

Probably because we've only met once (I think?) so I figured it would be rude on our first date.

How many times do you think I've met Ste?

At least twice now ;)

--

I'm only here to express a binary viewpoint.

Swervin_Mervin said...

Jobbo said...

Swervin_Mervin said...

Jobbo said...

Mike, when my 545i gearbox was having issues it didn't seem to record any faults - despite going into some sort of gearbox failsafe mode. However, I managed to get it to do it and turned up at Sytner while it was still running; that allowed them to see the code and diagnose that I needed a new box. So don't turn it off if possible!

This is an issue I've read about before. Seems to be it gets a little confused by an enthusiastic launch sometimes and realises it needs to change down into 1. Then gets stuck halfway.

Erm, the gearbox was going into some sort of failsafe mode :lol: It flashed up on the dash and stuck in one gear. Went away if you turned it off and on again. Prior to that there had been no indication of impending failure other than a perceptible regular blip, like drive stopping for a tiny moment, if you were sat on a flat road on cruise control at about 40mph.

Aside from this very occasional issue, the 'box behaves impeccably. I will definitely endeavour to get it to the indie next time it happens though. Either that or I might get a reader/coder

Must be a common issue as my 330 did exactly the same thing. 3/4 to full throttle from rest and it would cut power and leave you stranded. It would then only resume normal service when you let off the throttle and re-applied.

Obviously the normal place this would tend to happen was pulling out of a junction so was pretty dangerous on a couple of ocassions but it probably did it 30 times in the couple of years I had the car.

I got rid of it before bottoming out what was wrong but from the reading up I did on it I think the gearbox isn't where you should be looking and that the engine is at fault. Effectively what seems to be happening is that it cuts fueling akin to old style T/C systems. I think there was some mention of crank sensors, perhaps.

NotoriousREV said...

There are lots of nice cars on the forum? Try asking another owner, perhaps a yellow Puma?

John said...

NotoriousREV said...

There are lots of nice cars on the forum? Try asking another owner, perhaps a yellow Puma?

Can you imagine how long the handover would take? :lol:

--

Tim

Skoda. Honda (broken). Ducati.

GG said...

Swervin_Mervin said...

Jobbo said...

Swervin_Mervin said...

Jobbo said...

Must be a common issue as my 330 did exactly the same thing. 3/4 to full throttle from rest and it would cut power and leave you stranded. It would then only resume normal service when you let off the throttle and re-applied.

Obviously the normal place this would tend to happen was pulling out of a junction so was pretty dangerous on a couple of ocassions but it probably did it 30 times in the couple of years I had the car.

I got rid of it before bottoming out what was wrong but from the reading up I did on it I think the gearbox isn't where you should be looking and that the engine is at fault. Effectively what seems to be happening is that it cuts fueling akin to old style T/C systems. I think there was some mention of crank sensors, perhaps.

Hmmm. I've always been convinced it's 'box because it kicks down if you lift back a little (not fully off throttle and back on - just a slight lift).

That said, sometimes it does it when navigating round tight bends e.g. at mini-roundabouts or left turns at signals. And the revs don't flare.

I'll have to do some further digging then. Seems odd that it would do it on different engines though.

Swervin_Mervin said...

GG said...

Swervin_Mervin said...

Jobbo said...

Swervin_Mervin said...

Jobbo said...

Hmmm. I've always been convinced it's 'box because it kicks down if you lift back a little (not fully off throttle and back on - just a slight lift).

That said, sometimes it does it when navigating round tight bends e.g. at mini-roundabouts or left turns at signals. And the revs don't flare.

I'll have to do some further digging then. Seems odd that it would do it on different engines though.

I think there were some people on forums potentially muddying the waters saying it was occuring on different engines but I think its predominantly the N52 3.0 that was in our cars.

In Ste's position, I'm not sure I would be calm enough to actually enjoy the 964. I'm pretty anal about my own car, but someone elses P&J - a very expensive P&J right now - and my paranoid anality would be in complete overload just driving it down the road.

That being said...dibs on borrowing it after Ste? He can drop it down to my house direct, no need to bring it back to you first. I have been in it before, so you can trust me.
Heck, you can even use the Elise...this is a proper one, with the original engine and everythin. And it works ;)

Updated August 23, 2016 at 7:50 PM

--

ClubLupo

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular