Forums > Geeks corner > Your Fleet Running Reports

YOUR FLEET RUNNING REPORTS
Prev | 1..455..907908909 | Next

I could feel a vibration on the rear of the Q7, checked tyre pressures and all ok. Vibration was only over 65mph so I thought I'd either lost a wheel weight or buckled a wheel, took it in to get it checked out and found this.

Very lucky that it didn't blow I guess. Tyre had had a puncture repair 1000 miles ago and I'm presuming they did it incorrectly or in the time it was partially inflated that a bit of damage was done to the tyre.

Space saver looked rubbish :D

Mazda now seasonally shod and ready (barring the addition of winter gear) for our week in Scotland in January.

After a bit of faff ordering the right length wheel nuts the company gave me nuts and shipping FOC as an apology for not getting them shipped in the first two attempts. Saved me £30 and came with a set of locking nuts to boot.

Local Halfrauds wanted £36 a set :shock:

Dunlop BluResponse Sport summers down to 2-2.5mm on the fronts and 4-ish on the back (above the marker) so will rotate when I swap over in spring and probably replace in the autumn unless I change cars before then. They've done around 15k miles so not unreasonable wear.

Updated December 20, 2014 at 3:22 PM

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

DeskJockey said...

Dunlop BluResponse Sport summers down to 2-2.5mm on the fronts and 4-ish on the back (above the marker) so will rotate when I swap over in spring and probably replace in the autumn unless I change cars before then. They've done around 15k miles so not unreasonable wear.

Mine didn't last so well on my W204 and were showing considerable wear on the shoulders within 2000 miles

Second opinion suggests my measurements were a bit optimistic but still nowhere near replacement ready.

Bulk of the miles where done by her indoors and her right foot and general driving style is lighter than mine.

Probably helps!

Not sure I'd have another set though. Road noise is quite high (louder than the winters) and they're not very communicative.

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

NicDale said...

Stanced 8)

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

integrale_evo said...

NicDale said...

Stanced 8)

:lol:

And also :shock: at that tyre bulge. You must have hit something pretty nasty for it to bulge like that...

--

ShonkySpeedHoleSpeciale

It'll be interesting to see where the repair plug is. They often use a golf ball sized abrasive bit to key the inside of the tyre, you can damage the integrity of the carcass if its over done or too close to the side wall.

Good thing you checked it, my missus would have driven it until it burst :lol:

Updated December 20, 2014 at 9:56 PM

The repair was in a different area, that was my first thought too. I think it's a consequence of running low pressure and a pot hole. This now means I'm running on a mismatched pair at the rear of the car, one Dunlop sp sport and one vredestein sessanta, I'd kept the best tyre as a spare when I changed tyres last time just in case something like this happened as finding 295/35/21s locally is quite difficult. So is finding someone who can change 21s for that matter. Difficult choice now, the sessanta's have around 5000 miles left on them, the Dunlop around 3000. Ideally I'll swap to a brand new set all round but nothing locally in stock at a sensible price and I'm also debating to go winters but as the weather has been very mild here its not worth it. I'll probably just wait until the Dunlop is worn now and replace with a new set of vredestein vorti's.

Warranty work on the ML complete, new rear hatch switch for the electric tailgate and a new oxygen sensor.

Same faults apparent, my question of how they tested it was left with muffles but they are still providing a free car and valet on each visit, I'd rather wash it myself though and let them have extra time to fix the fault.

Still giggleworthy, going from a 55mpg A180 back to a 20mpg 500 was a little shock but the pace is well worth the expense, slow cars are just rubbish when there is no character to go with it.

Dave!

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

Fitted part worn winter tires on my spare wheels.

Lots more tire wall than the usual rubber - comfy8)

--

The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on.

IaFG Supercharged Muppet Division

EXCITING UPDATE.

Fitted a new battery.

In genuinely interesting news, the car will be going over to Flewy soon. Having some rust out and the body tidied up, and hopefully more things I can spend money on to make it super clean. So I'm looking forward to that.

I'm really enjoying it, too. Much more than I thought I would!

Had a blast in the Mini today to clear its lungs as it only gets used in traffic each day.

Felt much better by the end of it, and it feels genuinely quick from 30-100, certainly more so than 210hp of healthy 406 v6.

Still undecided whether to get a hybrid turbo and decat before it goes for a decoke and remap.

Needs a decent LSD first I think.

Updated December 21, 2014 at 10:04 PM

16vcento said...

Had a blast in the Mini today to clear its lungs as it only gets used in traffic each day.

Felt much better by the end of it, and it feels genuinely quick from 30-100, certainly more so than 210hp of healthy 406 v6.

My car always feels it's at its healthiest the day after thrashing at track day. :)

--

Kintegra y0!

Coaster said...

My car always feels it's at its healthiest the day after thrashing at track day. :)

Mine always feels healthiest when it is breathing clean highlands air, mixed with (a treat of ) Shell's finest.

Will be watching the forecast over the next couple of weeks in the hope of a dry day...... :?

Must be something in the air, I gave the Civic a run out today with my biking mate in co-pilot seat, he's not really into cars but I think the old Civic impressed him judging by his decision to comment on FB :lol: I chucked it down some local lanes on the way back, gave it a good clearout and even got some air over a small rise. Good clean fun 8)

Got a figure to buy the ds3 put of interest. 11.4k which isn't that bad. They'd want 400 quids to end the contract early on top.

How old is your DS3? Sounds pricey to me. Here's a 2012 approved used VTI with 22k miles for £8k: Clicky

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

July 13 11k 115 airdream dsport for comparison.

Get N to give you the trade price and offer them that 'cos they'll just auction it.

--

Jobbo said...

Rev is correct, of course

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular