Forums > Geeks corner > Your Fleet Running Reports

YOUR FLEET RUNNING REPORTS
Prev | 1..464..925926927 | Next

Tooke the 46 on a decent run of a couple of hundred miles.

Definately a lot more comfortable, noise and suspension wise, than my car. Not convinced the comfort seats are particularly comfortable though. Had a play with cruise control too having never had it on any of my own cars. Can't say I really get it.

Fine when there's no traffic around, but you seem to spend half the time nudging it up or down a couple of mph to either pass someone you were passing but has now decided to match your speed, or knocking it off when you're closing up behind someone. I seemed to spend more time pressing buttons and having to think about what I was doing than if my foot was doing it without needing any thought input.

Also bought my first pressure washer which should make keeping the fleet clean a bit easier. Tired of watching my cars rot away, so will be nice to be able to blast all the mud out of the wheel arches.

Oh, and lowered my front another 1/2 inch or so 8)

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

16vcento said...

Coils replaced and we are back in business 8)

Must have been a few on the way out as the idle is much smoother now and it picks up from low revs a lot better :)

Just been offered a cracking 924 s for a good price but cant fit it in at the moment . Do you want me to forward you on the details?

integrale_evo said...

Also bought my first pressure washer which should make keeping the fleet clean a bit easier. Tired of watching my cars rot away, so will be nice to be able to blast all the mud out of the wheel arches.

Nilfisk, same as I have. Decent kit for the money IMO 8)

action jack84 said...

16vcento said...

Must have been a few on the way out as the idle is much smoother now and it picks up from low revs a lot better :)

Just been offered a cracking 924 s for a good price but cant fit it in at the moment . Do you want me to forward you on the details?

I'd love to say yes Liam but I don't have any room at the moment :(

Thanks for the thought though :)

Have you thought anymore about getting one?

16vcento said...

action jack84 said...

16vcento said...

I'd love to say yes Liam but I don't have any room at the moment :(

Thanks for the thought though :)

Have you thought anymore about getting one?

I have thought a lot about it but i have just got an alfa spider which im gonna run for a few months and sell in the summer otherwise id be right in getting that porsche . To have 3 cars and no driveway would be a bit of a piss take

How are you finding the Spider, I test drove a couple of Breras before I got the Mini, a 2.2 and a V6 but I wanted something a bit lighter and more fun.

The 2.2 seemed a bit lethargic, but I think the Brera is a heavy car, not sure if the Convertible you have is lighter or not?

They are a brilliant looking car though and a really nice place to be sat in, do you enjoy driving it more than the GT?

Edit or is it the older one?

Updated March 2, 2015 at 6:18 PM

integrale_evo said...

Definately a lot more comfortable, noise and suspension wise, than my car. Not convinced the comfort seats are particularly comfortable though. Had a play with cruise control too having never had it on any of my own cars. Can't say I really get it.

Fine when there's no traffic around, but you seem to spend half the time nudging it up or down a couple of mph to either pass someone you were passing but has now decided to match your speed, or knocking it off when you're closing up behind someone

It's probably not that useful on most motorways over here....but driving abroad in France and Italy I've used it a lot on the BMs for long autoroute/autostrada sections - stops you getting cramp in your foot holding a throttle position for ages....when you get to the Alps you can disregard it again!
Had it on the Cooper S but only tended to use it on occasional motorway 50 sections

Basically you need to take your car to Europe Harry! But I guess either of the Ms would be preferable

--

Wales Meet

Dan Webster "Your car actually sounded quite good from up there"

16vcento said...

How are you finding the Spider, I test drove a couple of Breras before I got the Mini, a 2.2 and a V6 but I wanted something a bit lighter and more fun.

The 2.2 seemed a bit lethargic, but I think the Brera is a heavy car, not sure if the Convertible you have is lighter or not?

They are a brilliant looking car though and a really nice place to be sat in, do you enjoy driving it more than the GT?

Edit or is it the older one?

Its the older one alright . 2.0 twin spark its good fun but i only just got it havent driven it much yet so ill give you a better run down when i get to know it better

Only time I really use it is when towing as I can just stay at 56 mph following trucks and things on the motorway as they stay at the same speed constantly and it seems to do a lot better on fuel at 56 on cruise than speeding up to 65 ish to pass them and slowing back down all the time.

Updated March 2, 2015 at 8:41 PM

Mike1215 said...

integrale_evo said...

Fine when there's no traffic around, but you seem to spend half the time nudging it up or down a couple of mph to either pass someone you were passing but has now decided to match your speed, or knocking it off when you're closing up behind someone

It's probably not that useful on most motorways over here....

Basically you need to take your car to Europe Harry! But I guess either of the Ms would be preferable

Harry lives in Norfolk.

There is no motorways in Norfolk!

I agree though, cuise control is more suited to big roads when you're at a constant speed for hours on end.

Marv said...

Mike1215 said...

integrale_evo said...

It's probably not that useful on most motorways over here....

Harry lives in Norfolk.

There is no motorways in Norfolk!

I agree though, cuise control is more suited to big roads when you're at a constant speed for hours on end.

True - I knew he lived over in Mike R country - was just pointing out that even on most of the UK motorways, where arguably it is at its most useful, you don't get the opportunity to use it that often. Abroad though, with more room and less people, I found it useful, especially the north and middle of France

--

Wales Meet

Dan Webster "Your car actually sounded quite good from up there"

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular