Forums > Geeks corner > Your Fleet Running Reports

YOUR FLEET RUNNING REPORTS
Prev | 1..434..866867868 | Next

I got 238 miles out of my last tank and put 38l in it this morning.

--

Done.

N said...

I can't remember it

I had bookmarked a forum post about it but can't find it now :(

I'd like to see that as I was under the impression it couldn't be done like that on the E46. It would be nice if the Compact reported something even close to reality - it's currently showing 80.7mpg halfway through a tank :lol:

--

It's not a Golf

Sundayjumper said...

N said...

I can't remember it

I had bookmarked a forum post about it but can't find it now :(

I'd like to see that as I was under the impression it couldn't be done like that on the E46. It would be nice if the Compact reported something even close to reality - it's currently showing 80.7mpg halfway through a tank :lol:

Just Google it. It's all there ;)

Dan said...

I got 238 miles out of my last tank and put 38l in it this morning.

I got 525 miles out of my last tank.8) Of course, I did have to put in nearly twice what you did.:(

--

Romantic BDSM

Gloucester's answer to Eddie Jordan

My car now suits my lifestyle :lol:

Picked up some oe bmw roof bars from just down the road for a whopping £25. And the most awesomest sunshade ever, so I won't melt into my seat after the car has been parked in the sun all day at work :P

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

integrale_evo said...

My car now suits my lifestyle :lol:

Picked up some oe bmw roof bars from just down the road for a whopping £25. And the most awesomest sunshade ever, so I won't melt into my seat after the car has been parked in the sun all day at work :P

ebay?

--

Romantic BDSM

Gloucester's answer to Eddie Jordan

I have those bars on mine too at the moment - they usually live in the boot though most of the time as they're just so damn useful!

Mine were £60 delivered on ebay.

Updated July 25, 2014 at 3:59 PM

--

Cheers

Rich

I actually bought a pair late last year, but when they arrived turned out to be for a coupe, so useless for both saloon and compact! I kept them though as they were brand new and clearly never been fitted, and they were pretty cheap.

Surprised how quick these are to fit, the locating lugs are under the rubber seal behind the tops of the doors. Just drop the bars in, push them back and tighten a grub screw. About a minute each. Should be very handy, especially as my seats don't fold which limits what you can carry.

Yes, ebay bargain. Turns out I drive within a hundred yards or so of the blokes house everyday.

Sunshade was ebay too. A whole £9 delivered from China. Bought a grey one for the golf too, although it's too late to save it's dash which has cracked :cry:

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Mine have a locking bolt with a coded long handled spanner so they are effectively locked to the car - fitted in about a minute!

--

Cheers

Rich

Mine are locked to the car as long as all the doors are locked. That's secure enough for anything I'm likely to attach to them :lol:

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

MX5 MOT: passed with no advisories other than the two bulbs I replaced there and then. Though it's only done 1200-odd miles since last MOT, so it's not had much chance to deteriorate. I thought I didn't fill the fuel tank very often :lol:

The battery has been a little sluggish on the z4 recently requiring help from my jump pack to start even after being on charge overnight. A quick check with the voltmeter shows it's only producing around 10-11 volts so off to Halfords for a new 'un. Perfect starting since fitting the replacement.

I'm thinking of selling it though so might take advantage of the sunny weather and see if I get any interest.

So far so good with the BMW bar a couple of minor things. The RCL only works intermittently and according to the internet you can't simply replace the battery, the key's charged from the ignition and it seems to be a bit of a faff to get it sorted, but I'll get it done at some point.

The orange oil light comes on shortly after starting and goes off after about 10 seconds. There's plenty of oil in it and is apparently only a faulty oil level sensor, I'll get it sorted at the next service.

Airbag light randomly comes on and off too, apparently another common E46 problem.

Other than that, it's been great. I miss the Puma's agility and the engine's eagerness but the BMW sounds absolutely lovely and goes so well. I'll do a full comparison soon as it's been an interesting crossover.

My BMW update:

It sat in the garage yesterday, while I did an oil service on the 968. Might take it for a drive tomorrow evening.

Alex88 said...

The orange oil light comes on shortly after starting and goes off after about 10 seconds. There's plenty of oil in it and is apparently only a faulty oil level sensor, I'll get it sorted at the next service.

Watch the oil level and any grease around the exhaust.

The M54B22 was terrible for head problems but a lot of the time it was the crank case breather.

Oil level sensors stick and fail. They're £70 odd, and bolted to the bottom of the sump.

Mines been dead for a couple of years, but if don't really trust them anyway. I use the trusty old fashioned method of using the dipstick every now and then, and ignore the flashing light on start up.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Round the FIL's this afternoon and found the ad for my Cerbera amongst a load of old photographs he was planning to chuck. Washed the cars too.

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular