Forums > Geeks corner > Your Fleet Running Reports

YOUR FLEET RUNNING REPORTS
Prev | 1..521..103910401041 | Next

NotoriousREV said...

Si_ said...

Lost a wheel weight?

No, it's obviously a stuck calliper because that wheel, and only that wheel is hot.

I missed the hot bit

--

"Do you even like cars?" - NathanFBIAhmadi

It's still ok, I changed the one on my car when it was smoking.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

NotoriousREV said...

Si_ said...

Lost a wheel weight?

No, it's obviously a stuck calliper because that wheel, and only that wheel is hot.

Wheel bearing?

Marv said...

NotoriousREV said...

Si_ said...

Lost a wheel weight?

Wheel bearing?

Could be but doesn't sound like one. I'll whip the caliper off tomorrow and wiggle the wheel about to check. It smells like hot brakes too, though.

--

Part of the Knowing Club

I had the same on my Volvo. Rear caliper binding, wheel hot, smelly brakes and major vibration through the whole car. I removed the wheel to free the caliper piston off and cleaned and lubed everything but it happened again after a couple of weeks so replaced with a new one. Then a month or two later the other side did the same.

Yeah, I'm vainly hoping it's a stuck slider pin and not a seized piston with resulting bore damage. I'll find out later today.

--

Part of the Knowing Club

So, the slider pins were seized (as dry as a bone) so I freed everything off feeling very pleased with myself, wound the piston back with no trouble and all was well.

Took it for a test drive, which showed reduced vibration but not 100% better and when I got home that wheel was still hot so I then decided that the parking brake was the issue.

After removing the rubber bung that covers the parking brake adjuster on the wheel, I then proceeded to turn the wrong screw and now one of the brake shoes is loose in the drum along with a spring and I'll be fvcked if I can get the combined drum/disk off. So I'm having a coffee before I go back out and set fire to everything (and letting the WD40 soak in before I let loose with the rubber mallet again).

TL;DR FML

Updated February 7, 2016 at 2:24 PM

--

Part of the Knowing Club

Looks like I'll be using the bike for work next week then :lol:

--

Part of the Knowing Club

At least it's not the middle of wint...oh.

Now I see why people spend £50+ an hour getting someone else to do it for them ;)

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

I'm going to try the "bolts through the caliper mounts" method next. Twatting it with a hammer failed, WD40 failed, twatting it with a hammer again failed, heat failed and twatting it with a hammer while swearing failed.

Here's to next weekend :)

--

Part of the Knowing Club

integrale_evo said...

Now I see why people spend £50+ an hour getting someone else to do it for them ;)

Rev really ought to get a nice new 520d so it's under warranty and he can have his weekends back.

--

Without contract and subject to prejudice

Jobbo said...

integrale_evo said...

Rev really ought to get a nice new 520d so it's under warranty and he can have his weekends back.

I was thinking that very thing. If I was still at Barclays I'd be phoning for a pool car and ordering a 520d in poverty white this morning. :lol:

--

Part of the Knowing Club

WRX sold, now looking around for a decent Clio 182. Called the guy who bought the one I had to see if he still has it/is looking to change, he is on both counts but he took the Recaros out and sold them :cry:

Seen a few low mileage ones for sale in various places but they always seem to be in silver or black which I'm not mad keen on.

--

Spazda MX-5/Honda CRF450R/VFR400/Smart ForTwo/TBA

_Andy said...

WRX sold, now looking around for a decent Clio 182. Called the guy who bought the one I had to see if he still has it/is looking to change, he is on both counts but he took the Recaros out and sold them :cry:

Seen a few low mileage ones for sale in various places but they always seem to be in silver or black which I'm not mad keen on.

Wouldn't a Clio seem slow after a Scoob?

Had the Golf booked in for what I assumed was a required 10k miles/1 year service (it's done just under 9k). I called VW to check the price having booked online and when they rang me back they recommended I not bother, wait instead for it to tell me it needs servicing. So hopefully not at all in the next 12 months then.

--

Cake both possessed and consumed

N said...

_Andy said...

Wouldn't a Clio seem slow after a Scoob?

Fair point but it's a good balance between acceptably brisk, lowish running costs, and practicality.

--

Spazda MX-5/Honda CRF450R/VFR400/Smart ForTwo/TBA

You know you're fully AMG indoctrinated when you think that £850 for an unpainted bumper is 'cheap'. Either way, it's costing just shy of £500 to fix my bumper (instead of replace) with Bodymatters, in Staffs

It's kind of annoying to think that, literally a fraction of a second either way, I'd have missed that cat, be £500 better off, and some poor kid would still have a pet.

Moral of the story? Drive faster.

--

ClubLupo

i3 has been at the dealer for a week now following a "total hardware failure" - ie the whole entertainment and Idrive computer system has failed. It's probably been in for 2 months total in the 22 months we have had it, really is a piece of crap. Still gives them an opportunity to fix the list of recalls it needs...

Updated February 9, 2016 at 10:41 PM

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular