Forums > Geeks corner > Your Fleet Running Reports

YOUR FLEET RUNNING REPORTS
Prev | 1..451..900901902 | Next

The old one was getting on with miles and needed the forks rebuilding and I didn't appreciate what I had at that point sadly. I do miss it. Annoyingly they're holding their value these days too, everyone else seems to agree with me!

Barry said...

Access isn't too bad no but its shims and I cba buying a set to cover all eventualities :lol: I'm toying with the idea of putting it in with the Main Stealer and using it to blag rest rides on MT7/9 and making a day of it ;)

If there was a bike out there that could do what that Fazer does I'd be tempted to chop it in, but there simply isn't anything like it. CBR6 is good but I don't want two sports bikes, nor will it do 60mpg/240+ miles to a tank. MT07 is frugal but still no tank range, or wind protection. Or useful luggage capacity.. starting to think the £500 is money well spent if it keeps this bike running sweet. Had a crazy idea of swapping it for a Fazer1000 the other night, I'd lose some tank range for sure but the resultant midrange boost might take my mind off that!

Shims are a PITA and buying a kit of them is a bit uneconmical if you only need to do it once in a blue moon. You'll probably be able to swap a few around amongst the ones you take out then off to the bike shop to buy the ones you don't have? This reminds me I need to check the valve clearances on the CRF, unfortunately I definitely don't only get to do this once in a blue moon :(

--

Spazda MX-5/Honda CRF450R/VFR400/WRX Wagon

This is the first time the Fazer will have had its top end checked tbh, and at 33k miles I suspect a couple will need adjusting, as does the carb balance, so I'm more than happy to hand it over to a dealer if it means they'll be more inclined to let me test ride a couple bikes to kill time :P I'm intrigued by the new Yam Tracer so testing the MT-09 makes sense as far as the motor/brakes/box etc go..

I don't mind basic servicing but stripping old and rusty nuts off a motor isn't my idea of fun, safer to let the dealer take that stress on IMO.

mik said...

djchocice said...

Removed the soundproof pad under the bonnet on the S2000, the induction noise has a completely different tone to it now. It's a little louder, but it's the change in noise. It was fairly loud but quite civilised even on cam with the pad in, now it's got more noise and a much more aggressive tone. It sounds like it's on ITB's.

8)

Did I miss your e-start vid btw? :?

I haven't done one yet, simply not had the time sadly m'dear. It will be done in due course though. 8)

--

Stolen Orions on fire off the hard shoulder of the M8. I watched neds litter in the dark near the Tennents shop. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

Barry said...

This is the first time the Fazer will have had its top end checked tbh, and at 33k miles I suspect a couple will need adjusting, as does the carb balance, so I'm more than happy to hand it over to a dealer if it means they'll be more inclined to let me test ride a couple bikes to kill time :P I'm intrigued by the new Yam Tracer so testing the MT-09 makes sense as far as the motor/brakes/box etc go..

I don't mind basic servicing but stripping old and rusty nuts off a motor isn't my idea of fun, safer to let the dealer take that stress on IMO.

Fair play, there's a bit of investment needed to do all that too, carb balancer, feeler gauges, micrometer, etc. All crap you'll have kicking around in the garage for ever more. The main problem is if you take it to the dealer you may end up riding home on a new MT-09, wondering 'how did this happen?' :lol:

--

Just accidentally won some ginger wheels for the Subaru on the bay.

May plastidip them grey or black though, not sure I can stand the association with the gold wheel crowd :lol:

--

djchocice said...

mik said...

djchocice said...

Removed the soundproof pad under the bonnet on the S2000, the induction noise has a completely different tone to it now. It's a little louder, but it's the change in noise. It was fairly loud but quite civilised even on cam with the pad in, now it's got more noise and a much more aggressive tone. It sounds like it's on ITB's.

8)

Did I miss your e-start vid btw? :?

I haven't done one yet, simply not had the time sadly m'dear. It will be done in due course though. 8)

On behalf of the forum I shall allow you 2 weeks from today to complete this.

Duncs was nearly banned for his tardiness in this respect....

So my search for an SLK55 has been pretty fruitless. Realistically I need a bigger budget, and I'm not willing to stretch that far for something that can throw out scary bills.

I also started looking at Monaro's and VXR8's - I really want another V8 - but the prices are getting silly. 57-plate 6.0 VXR8 for £16k? Really?

So it's back to the safe bet - I've now found a nice S2 111S for sale, now I just need to decide on a daily driver to go along with it.

--

ClubLupo

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular