Forums > Tech > Your Fleet Running Reports

YOUR FLEET RUNNING REPORTS
Prev | 1..660..131713181319 | Next

Barry said...

My dad reckons its worth waiting, if I want a Leaf, for the lease offers on current owners to tempt them into signing up for a new 40kw model. There could well be a nice pile of 24kw cars coming through on cheap PCP. Cost wise, I'm looking to minimise my monthly costs basically, rather than see it as a "new car" - I'm paying £25/mth on tax alone for the Civic, plus probably a couple tanks of fuel - so anywhere upwards of £150 a month, meaning a sub £200 PCP on a second hand 24kw makes a lot of sense. I just need to consider how often/important those longer trips will be.

I find Roberts channel very interesting too, in line with what Jon said earlier about the other stories behind EV and how it's gathering pace:

Your link text

There already are. There's a guy from a Nissan dealer group on speakEV who keeps a list of their s/h stock and PCP rates - clicky. Other Nissan dealers will be getting a similar flow of cars and should be able to do similar deals. Low deposit, from about £160pm (bit more if you need more miles). Nissan dealers can buy out the battery leases now so lots of the Flex ones are coming back around as "owned" with no separate lease cost.

If we needed two cars, one of them would probably be a cheap Leaf. As it is, we can still get away with one - so the Golf GTE covers it all and I'll hope for a few more affordable 170-ish mile EV options once the 2 year lease is up.

simongardner said...

There already are. There's a guy from a Nissan dealer group on speakEV who keeps a list of their s/h stock and PCP rates - clicky.

Miles yes, the guy I'm talking about, and who supplied my parents car. The Chorley group have quite a good selection at the moment, I'm still pondering my options. Half tempted to get a cheap one and keep the Civic alongside it for a while, to see how much use it actually gets (how often I feel the need for the petrol cars range/usability).

Engine is out.

Taking the "add lightness" to the extreme?

--

DeskJockey
---
Driving a Galaxy far, far away

Looks like Ste has been at it with his scales again :lol:

"Nic look how much weight I found!" :D

Updated October 18, 2017 at 11:59 AM

--

It feels like that. Like a donkey. On a skateboard.

Mini Mini MOT update.

Two rear indicator bulbs were required beforehand and a rear tyre was the only advisory.

--

Even my earwax is radioactive.

Oh, whilst we're on MOTs - the 997 passed with only two advisories.

1) "item removed from driver's view" (it was an iPhone holder affixed to the screen - why the hell they need to have that as an advisory mystifies me...)

2) small stone chip on the ORIGINAL WINDSCREEN*

Capitalised wording not actually on the MOT certificate.

--

PDK frees up your left hand so you can scratch your vagina.

JL said...

Looks like Ste has been at it with his scales again :lol:

"Nic look how much weight I found!" :D

You'll find I did it first, he just introduced the scales to compensate for his baldness.

GG said...

1) "item removed from driver's view" (it was an iPhone holder affixed to the screen - why the hell they need to have that as an advisory mystifies me...)

1) is against the law - Windscreen
stickers, or other obstructions, shall not encroach more than 40mm.

--

Ben

This is true, and yet some people not only put the phone holder within the swept area of the wipers, but I've seen a few put a TomTom right in the middle of their view (right above the instrument binnacle). Usually short women who can barely see over the wheel as it is, and need to raise the seat but don't. Scary.

--

Defacing the evo forum since 2000

Ben__B said...

GG said...

And also MOT centres don't like to let many cars go through without at least a single advisory.

Ben__B said...

GG said...

I understand that but the point was more its a bit pedantic to note that down when its removable (and the tester had removed and thrown in the footwell).

In a 997 it also means that you wouldn't be able to use a window mount at all as you can see from the below:

--

_Who_ said...

This is true, and yet some people not only put the phone holder within the swept area of the wipers, but I've seen a few put a TomTom right in the middle of their view (right above the instrument binnacle). Usually short women who can barely see over the wheel as it is, and need to raise the seat but don't. Scary.

By far and away the best instance of stupid placement was in this (ironically) Smart:

I don't even know how you'd drive with it like that without it smacking you in the face... :roll:

--

:D Inverse head-wand?

--

Defacing the evo forum since 2000

You're right - I thought it was for a phone whereas in reality they probably strap their head to that when they get in the car.

Avoids them needing to tax their brain with sitting upright, breathing and driving all at the same time...

--

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular