Forums > Geeks corner > Your Fleet Running Reports

YOUR FLEET RUNNING REPORTS
Prev | 1..454..905906907 | Next

Rich B said...

I didn't realise that extra miles over the limit on these lease deals were such a trivial cost - £60 for each thousand is no bother at all.

I only say it in every leasing thread when someone gets all hand-wringy over the price going up for wanting to do a few extra miles a year.

Updated December 17, 2014 at 11:02 AM

--

Jobbo said...

Rev is correct, of course

Just Jon Innit said...

Looks like the dreaded ringlands are on their way in the new GT4, unsure whether to re-engine or bin it off tbh. Not the best news just before Christmas :?.

Dan, do you work for hobnobs rather than real cash?

I don't like hobnobs :cry:

--

Done.

Jammie Dodgers?

I used to work almost exclusively for beer, which was tremendous given I barely drink at home, I was always thrilled to receive another crate of lager :lol:

Unfortunately now I only work for actual money :D

--

Done.

Dan said...

I used to work almost exclusively for beer, which was tremendous given I barely drink at home, I was always thrilled to receive another crate of lager :lol:

Unfortunately now I only work for actual money :D

Dammit. I've been stockpiling Skol in order to get a Hondalise :(

--

Jobbo said...

NotoriousREV said...

Rich B said...

I didn't realise that extra miles over the limit on these lease deals were such a trivial cost - £60 for each thousand is no bother at all.

I only say it in every leasing thread when someone gets all hand-wringy over the price going up for wanting to do a few extra miles a year.

I've dug out the wording from the lease I ended up not taking, since it isn't as simple as you state:

Excess Mileage

Annual Mileage Allowance : 10000 miles

Excess Mileage Charge for miles between 100 & 115% of the Annual Mileage Allowance : 19.88 pence per mile (incl. VAT)

Excess Mileage Charge for miles over 115% of the Annual Mileage Allowance : 29.83 pence per mile (incl. VAT)

So if you go >1500 miles over you're paying ~30p/mile. Has anyone else got an example lease?

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

Which is always why I've said check what the excess mileage policy is as it can be cheaper than nominating a higher mileage. I've seen several leases that weren't structured the same as the one you've quoted in that there was a flat rate.

--

Jobbo said...

NotoriousREV said...

Which is always why I've said check what the excess mileage policy is as it can be cheaper than nominating a higher mileage. I've seen several leases that weren't structured the same as the one you've quoted in that there was a flat rate.

this is turning into quite a lengthy post that you always post!

--

Cheers

Rich

NotoriousREV said...

I've seen several leases that weren't structured the same as the one you've quoted in that there was a flat rate.

As I said, if anyone has any other examples, please post them.

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

Rich B said...

NotoriousREV said...

this is turning into quite a lengthy post that you always post!

That no one reads.

--

Jobbo said...

Jobbo said...

NotoriousREV said...

I've seen several leases that weren't structured the same as the one you've quoted in that there was a flat rate.

As I said, if anyone has any other examples, please post them.

As unbelievable as it seems, I forgot to bring my folder of previous lease agreements I looked at, but didn't take out, to work with me today.

--

Jobbo said...

Just had a look at mine, slight miss calculation...

100&115% of the annual mileage allowance is 5.62 pence inc VAT

Over 115% over the annual mileage allowance is 8.42 pence inc VAT

So 126.4 quid for 2k miles extra

Updated December 17, 2014 at 3:55 PM

_Mick_N said...

Just had a look at mine, slight miss calculation...

100&115% of the annual mileage allowance is 5.62 pence inc VAT

Over 115% over the annual mileage allowance is 8.42 pence inc VAT

So 126.4 quid for 2k miles extra

So, assuming you had a 3yr/10k pa lease, if you doubled your mileage you'd pay the equivalent of an extra £66.67 per month. I'm sure that's less than a 3yr/20k pa lease.

--

Jobbo said...

With Nationwide the Yeti for example, 2 or 3 year 20000 miles per year deal is £30 more a month than a 10000 deal. Will obviously differ depending on the car.

http://www.nationwidevehiclecontracts.co.uk/Skoda-Yeti-leasing.htm

So the only other example posted is the same structure as the one I posted. Rev, have a look - genuinely. I didn't realise until I read the small print that there was an escalator in the excess mileage rate; I guarantee that it's not mentioned until you get the lease docs to sign.

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular