Forums > Geeks corner > Your Fleet Running Reports

YOUR FLEET RUNNING REPORTS
Prev | 1..459..916917918 | Next

20k miles in 15 months in the Yeti and I love it :oops: kids, dogs, bikes, towing, commuting and even the long way home on occasion, it does it all 8)

Just had it's first variable service at Skoda Swansea for £200 and the experience was exceptional, they were very keen to explain exactly what I'd paid for and why, which was similar to the Porsche dealer who would relieve me of 4 figures and I'd want to know why :D

It's nice to be pleasantly surprised.

MOT failed. Need a new front ball joint.

After taking nearly four years to buy some foglight blanks, waiting a week for them to arrive from Latvia, one of them lasted less than a week :lol:

Struck a blackbird on the way to work Wednesday, didn't make much of a bang, so no harm done I thought.

Heading to the car today noticed the blank missing, looked in the hole to see if had just been pushed in. Nope, there's a mangled blackbird sat in there :lol:

Looked for it on the way in today and found it by the side of the road. Unfortunately looks like its been run over as part of one corner has been smashed off.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Alex88 said...

E46?

--

Wales Meet

Dan Webster "Your car actually sounded quite good from up there"

Mike1215 said...

Alex88 said...

E46?

Yep. It failed on the front left but the right one also got an advisory. It wasn't really a surprise as the car had been showing symptoms of possible knackered ball joints.

Still enjoying it though!

Updated January 30, 2015 at 9:03 PM

Alex88 said...

Mike1215 said...

Alex88 said...

E46?

Yep. It failed on the front left but the right one also got an advisory. It wasn't really a surprise as the car had been showing symptoms of possible knackered ball joints.

Still enjoying it though!

What engine is it again?

--

Wales Meet

Dan Webster "Your car actually sounded quite good from up there"

Mike1215 said...

What engine is it again?

It's the 2.2 6 cylinder. Or M54B22 to be specific :P

NotoriousREV said...

Virgin rubber, ready to be tortured.

It must be that time of year.

(Not settled off the jack yet - hence the 4x4 height emulation).

Today I have the pleasure of trying to figure out what's wrong with MrsREV's Alfa. Apparently it's making a "dropping noise", whatever that means. Suspect it's a CV joint.

--

Jobbo said...

Rev is correct, of course

Bertrum passed its MOT

Cheers

Steve

NotoriousREV said...

Today I have the pleasure of trying to figure out what's wrong with MrsREV's Alfa. Apparently it's making a "dropping noise", whatever that means. Suspect it's a CV joint.

Don't thing there's much wrong with it other than alignment. It feels like the diff is binding on full lock when cold and causing a bit of wheel hop when manoeuvring but is fine when warm. I did notice that the NSF tyre is wearing a lot faster than the OSF but both look like they're wearing evenly, which is a bit odd.

--

Jobbo said...

You need to tell her to calm down on roundabouts then :lol:

All fwd cars I've had have worn the NSF way quicker than any other so they usually get swapped with the osr at some point.

Never noticed much of a difference side to side on 4wd or rwd though.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Mini discs and pads for the front ordered and rear pads for the ML ordered.

Both warnings pinged up on the dash within a day of each other.

Textar from ECP again, fit them next week assuming they all arrive on Monday, mail ordered as didn't have evrythjng in stock at the local branch.

--

A yellow loltus

I think I've either got CV issues or diff issues with the Puma - get a mild grumbling at speed, seems to change with road speed and doesn't seem to change when gears change.

Gonna tap my breaker chum and see what he'd take for a quiet gearbox on the offchance it's the diff (it'd be cheaper than replacing it in the box) and I'll scout around for CV prices too. Then drop it in to my mechanic chum and have him laugh at my pathetic diagnosis attempts when he tells me it's something else entirely :lol:

Other than that, I pinned a clunking at the rear end down to the spare wheel carrier coming loose and lowering itself, causing the spare to shift around and bump things - tightened it up, no more clunk. W00t! :)

Tyres can make some strange noises. The ones fitted to my wife's mini make a proper racket, much like a worn wheel bearing. Since fitting the winters the difference is amazing.

Bought myself a new helmet for the bike to replace my ancient Suomy Gunwind Ruben Xaus replica, which is about 10 years beyond the date I should've thrown it away :oops:

New lid is a Schuberth S2:

--

Jobbo said...

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular