Forums > Tech > Your Fleet Running Reports

YOUR FLEET RUNNING REPORTS
Prev | 1..595..118711881189 | Next

Mike1215 said...

NotoriousREV said...

The Stagea excitement continues: foglight and switch fitted. The lamp unit itself is a cheap ugly one, but they've tucked way back under the bumper so you don't see it unless it's switched on.

One thing I rediscovered about the car today that's pretty cool: when you adjust the steering wheel height, the instrument cluster moves too so the gauges are never obscured by the steering wheel. I've only ever adjusted the steering wheel once so I'd completely forgotten about it.

Have you got the Alfa going as well?! You're living the performance car lifestyle now 8)

Not yet. Still need to order the parts.

--

Discoc*nts

1st and 3rd places FECPOTY Shed of the Year 2016

Put it in the osr reverse light? Red led bulb is 3 quid and it looks like it would work in your cluster. Dangly fog light is from the 90s.

Updated January 17, 2017 at 8:39 PM

ste said...

UPDATE

X5

Dropped for a service yesterday. Got a courtesy car. It was supposed to be an E90 M3, but for various reasons it was this...

It got a CD player, player, player. And a drivers' window wedged up with a chock of timber. This happened:

...due to the vibrations caused by attempting to achieve >60mph on the bypass.

Garage phoned to confirm that the service will be reassuringly expensive (8x sparkplugs, 2 x airfilters etc) and that the additional work like replacing the engine earth strap, oil level sensor and fixing the heater blend motor will cost more / take longer so I get to keep the Razzle for at least another day.

I left it at home and came to work in the Smart though. It's looking like it's sold. Unfortunately I've realised the MOT expired in December so I need to quickly get that done before the new owner comes to collect it / finds out.

So in the next few days I may suddenly find myself with nothing but a Fiesta as transport for me, my wife and 3 kids. Smart sold, X5 in the garage and Lotus obviously still in bits in Bromsgrove. Ace.

I sense some shopping in the very near future...

Not even the luxury of a rev counter :lol:

NotoriousREV said...

The Stagea excitement continues: foglight and switch fitted. The lamp unit itself is a cheap ugly one, but they've tucked way back under the bumper so you don't see it unless it's switched on.

One thing I rediscovered about the car today that's pretty cool: when you adjust the steering wheel height, the instrument cluster moves too so the gauges are never obscured by the steering wheel. I've only ever adjusted the steering wheel once so I'd completely forgotten about it.

928s do that too - I always wondered why more cars didn't follow suit - particularly given I seem to always prefer a driving position which leads to the dials being obscured when the wheel is adjusted correctly :?

Just Jon said...

Put it in the osr reverse light? Red led bulb is 3 quid and it looks like it would work in your cluster. Dangly fog light is from the 90s.

No point. You genuinely can't see it when it's switched off.

--

Discoc*nts

NotoriousREV said...

Just Jon said...

Post a correctly exposed picture of it off, from quite a low height - roughly equal to that of a driver in a car following you and then we'll see if it's visible or not.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

andybond said...

scotta said...

Text From Mrs A

her - Window on the megane stuck...
me - Suck open or closed
Her - Closed
Me - Good, Leave it the fvck alone then and ill look at it later.

Bet the regulator is soaked.

Its the loom connector actually ;)

Take off the speaker grille , take off speaker. Put hand in hole ( requote at will ) fell down the bottom right and you will feel a hairy cable . You will understand what I mean when you do it ! Pull gently. It will detatch from the regulator.

Pull the cable and end through said hole. Clean it up, scotch guard the contacts and get some vaseline packed into the contact points. Plug it back in.

It's got the eBay regulator cheapo fix things on it.

--

Strong Broo Racing

Mito Man said...

NotoriousREV said...

Just Jon said...

Post a correctly exposed picture of it off, from quite a low height - roughly equal to that of a driver in a car following you and then we'll see if it's visible or not.

I'll get right on that.

--

Discoc*nts

Just Jon said...

Dangly fog light is from the 90s.

So's the rest of the car so it fits.

What's with the crappy number plate logo?

--

Now available for Dwarf funerals

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular