Forums > Tech > Your Fleet Running Reports

YOUR FLEET RUNNING REPORTS
Prev | 1..555..110711081109 | Next

Very similar to a little girl about 7 on my street who was bought a second hand bike as a present by her parents with no front brakes and the rears barely working, I was out with my kids one day when the saddle fell off while she was cycling. I fixed the saddle, pumped up the almost completely flat front tyre and tightened up the rear brakes and told her mother that as it needed a cable for the front brakes I couldn't fix there and then and she should bring it to a bike shop in the town only 5 mins away and get a new tyre as well as it was almost completely bald (and given how often their kids are out in the rain without even jumpers on never mind a coat) so not safe on the wet. That was about 3 months ago and I still see her going around on the bike and it hasn't had any repairs done :(

Updated June 25, 2016 at 1:51 PM

--

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Not so much a Fleet report but I suspect one of these will be getting added to my collection in the near future. Had a test ride this morning..

Your link text

Barry said...

Not so much a Fleet report but I suspect one of these will be getting added to my collection in the near future. Had a test ride this morning..

Your link text

Never heard of it. Looks a laugh though :D

What gear were you in to do a power wheelie ?

Dave!

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

GraniteV8 said...

Dave!

I'm guessing second.

Evostick said...

GraniteV8 said...

Dave!

I'm guessing second.

Tall first gear but second is the gear of choice of course, you can see the indicator on a big screen. I'm no wheelie king as you can probably see but the ease it climbs under power is rather amusing.

Barry said...

Evostick said...

GraniteV8 said...

Dave!

I'm guessing second.

Tall first gear but second is the gear of choice of course, you can see the indicator on a big screen. I'm no wheelie king as you can probably see but the ease it climbs under power is rather amusing.

Damn modern bikes, I need to clutch mine up at 8000rpm and get a whole 2" under the tyre :lol:

Looks healthy, I like the styling, very Akira ish.

Dave!

--

Nice bike.8)

--

Now stop trolling me you hat-wearing thundermut.

It's a fun machine over all, yet typically friendly in town (in STD throttle mode at least - ie: soft response). That said its clearly a sports bike underneath and wants to go at it on the open road, wether that suits you is another matter. With the touring kit spec'd up it comes to a fruity £11552 for me though, and that's twice what my KTM is arguably worth. Also, as a good friend pointed out to me, it doesn't do anything much better than my ageing K8 1000 either! I'm half tempted to keep the GSXR and take another look at the Africa Twin tbh, it's a lot more civilised and doesn't encourage me to ride like a tw@t (plus I'd still have the K8 for that..) :lol:

Trqvelling through roadworks last night, the car in front clipped a cone, and knocked it into my path.
Due to the narrow lanes, I was unable to completely avoid it, and the tip went under the wheel.
In the MR2 or the A3 this would have damaged the bumper, but thanks to my imperious ride height, I simply cruised over it, undamaged.
4wd SUVs FTMFW.

Fuel economy continues to be abysmal. 30mpg at best.

--

"You look like a Jelly Baby from down the back of the sofa"

OK - let's get this straightened out before it happens again.

I own a 4x4 SUV.

You own a Focus on stilts.

End.

Updated June 27, 2016 at 1:21 PM

--

Much blasphemy ensued, and some menace, which I stopped by dismounting and opening the carriage door, and intimating an intention of mending the road with his immediate remains, if he did not hold his tongue. He held it.

JL said...

OK - let's get this straightened out before it happens again.

Dave! owns a proper 4x4.

I own a 4x4 SUV, like a soccer mum.

You own a Focus on stilts.

End.

EFA

Dave!

--

You own a national embarrassment.

--

Much blasphemy ensued, and some menace, which I stopped by dismounting and opening the carriage door, and intimating an intention of mending the road with his immediate remains, if he did not hold his tongue. He held it.

Focus on stilts FTMFW.
Needs a subwoofer putting into the smuggling compartment.

--

"You look like a Jelly Baby from down the back of the sofa"

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular