Forums > Tech > Your Fleet Running Reports

YOUR FLEET RUNNING REPORTS
Prev | 1..632..126212631264 | Next

Matty_ said...

I had the same conundrum and came to the same conclusion as you, and fitted the NSS2. Everyone on SELOC suggests either getting Bilstien (road) or NTR40's (track) but neither seemed to fit for me, the NSS seemed a good compromise.

I don't find them harsh at all - although I'm not sure what settings Dan used. For the cash (I got them for <£600, I think) I'm more than happy with them.

Have you played with the adjusters for the damping rates?

--

Strong Broo Racing

GG said...

Looks sturdy enough!

Yep 8)

How's the 6D? Reviews/specs say the AF is much simpler that other full frame Canons. But I'm more interested in portraits than sports shooting so less of an issue.

--

Because V8

Ive been impressed with the 6D overall - the AF system isn't as good as the 5D as you've said but I find the accuracy of the lens you're using with it matters just as much (sigmas drove me nuts).

That said its 4+ years old now and I'm torn between a 5D mkIV versus mirrorless for its replacement - I'm too invested in Canon lenses to make an easy jump to another format though...

Set the mount up tonight and annoyingly the camera had to be inverted as I suspected as there isn't sufficient clearance with the microphone on the hotshoe because of the angle of the window.

Gives a good view when the image is inverted, however:

Your link text

--

PDK frees up your left hand so you can scratch your vagina.

Had it professionally cleaned ready for sale.

That's it's worst side

I'd put it up for sale for £650 before being cleaned, no bites.  Had it cleaned and put it up for £900 which was a bit cheeky to be honest.  Car sold in 2 days :D

Cost.
£200 to buy
£47 of parts, steering rack inner tie rod end, brake light switch, 2 indicator bulbs and swapping the good spare on to the bald drivers front.
£40 labour
£40 mot
£70 to clean it.

:D

NicDale said...

That's it's worst side

I'd put it up for sale for £650 before being cleaned, no bites.  Had it cleaned and put it up for £900 which was a bit cheeky to be honest.  Car sold in 2 days :D

Cost.
£200 to buy
£47 of parts, steering rack inner tie rod end, brake light switch, 2 indicator bulbs and swapping the good spare on to the bald drivers front.
£40 labour
£40 mot
£70 to clean it.

Depending on how bad the smell was I'd be quite happy to run around in that - to be honest, I do run around in something similar, only a bit younger and rwd

Updated May 21, 2017 at 10:23 AM

--

Wales Meet

Dan Webster "Your car actually sounded quite good from up there"

Smell is gone, had everything wet vac'd and steam cleaned Mike. I didn't expect to get asking price for it.

I have a manfrotto clamp, it's a very nicely made thing.

I'm sure you're aware, but you obviously can't use a suction mount on track.

scotta said...

Matty_ said...

I had the same conundrum and came to the same conclusion as you, and fitted the NSS2. Everyone on SELOC suggests either getting Bilstien (road) or NTR40's (track) but neither seemed to fit for me, the NSS seemed a good compromise.

I don't find them harsh at all - although I'm not sure what settings Dan used. For the cash (I got them for <£600, I think) I'm more than happy with them.

Have you played with the adjusters for the damping rates?

Not yet - it was a bit bouncy at first, but appears to have bedded in a bit since and isn't quite as noticeable. Feels about right at the moment, so I'm not too inclined to adjust it.

--

ClubLupo

Mike1215 said...

NicDale said...

That's it's worst side

Cost.
£200 to buy
£40 labour
£40 mot
£70 to clean it.

Depending on how bad the smell was I'd be quite happy to run around in that - to be honest, I do run around in something similar, only a bit younger and rwd

Same as the wife's first car. Not bad for throwaway motoring - did her proud for a couple of years.

--

Cheers

Rich

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular