Forums > Geeks corner > Your Fleet Running Reports

YOUR FLEET RUNNING REPORTS
Prev | 1..446..889890891 | Next

Whereas I'm not - the mains are as awful as the dips on the LC for some reason, and the fact I only paid for the very cheapest Chinese headlight copies the last time they were changed means I can't even adjust them! One of them shines a metre in front of the car - the other one illuminates aircraft at glide height. They're getting changed as well.

NotoriousREV said...

35w are fine. I'm not trying to look like a Halfords Corsa, I just want to be able to see more than 2 feet beyond my front bumper. I'm happy with the standard high beams.

This. Being able to cruise at 50+mph in the dark (which is soon to be all the time I'm driving) is noice.

On the old halogens, it was a bit....er....interesting. Exceptionally poor headlights on some cars, and I'm finding HIDs (or the ability to accept decent aftermarket ones) to be something I'm looking out for in the next car.

I'm not planning on changing any time soon, but, for example, how easy it it to get Xenons at a reasonable price that won't be blindingly awful for, say, an E46 328i?

(that's not a real question, just an example of my thought process when browsing sheds on AT/PHClassified)

Nothing to do with the xenons, more the beam pattern that the standard lights chuck out. Isn't it?

Followed a Peugeot CC this morning, 0700hrs so still dark, she had her fogs and sidelights on, and kept flicking her main (dipped) lights on when nothing was coming, as if it that was her full beam. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry other than the fact when a car came toward and she dropped back to fogs her speed would halve again, as she couldn't see more than 30ft ahead... There aren't enough belms in the world for some people it seems :shock:

Peugeot CC driven by inadequate burd driver non-shocker ;)

JL said...

Nothing to do with the xenons, more the beam pattern that the standard lights chuck out. Isn't it?

Beamn pattern is identical in every respect - it's just brighter with HIDs in the Puma.

With reflectors, rather than projectors, you can get issues, though.

Beany said...

JL said...

Beamn pattern is identical in every respect - it's just brighter with HIDs in the Puma.

The Pooma has projectors, non? So a HID upgrade should've a doddle.

--

She's built like a steakhouse but she handles like a bistro.

Just make sure they're aligned correctly ;)

I had an Audi saloon (probably an A4), which can't have been more than two years old behind me the other day. One of the factory fitted Xenon headlights was rather badly misaligned :evil:

Bean, I'm not sure you'd need an upgrade should you purchase an E46. At first I was rather disappointed that mine didn't have the factory xenons, but the standard lights are very impressive to say the least. Pisses all over the pathetic 'lights' that the Puma has. But yeah, not once have I thought about an upgrade.

Updated October 22, 2014 at 10:53 PM

Standard e46 lights are normal reflector types so not really suitable for an hid upgrade anyway. Only cars with factory hids got a projector setup.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

NotoriousREV said...

Beany said...

JL said...

The Pooma has projectors, non? So a HID upgrade should've a doddle.

It was, what I'm saying is if you don't have projectors you can have problems with scatter and cast - most projector setups are very good at limiting that (the Pumas especially - it's like it was designed for HIDs from the outset).

Alex - good to know, but as I say, it's one of those things that I think about when browsing. Mk1 MX5 HIDs? Possibly a bit dodgy.

My E46 had xenons, and I would caution against getting any car of that era with xenons to be honest. The bulbs can be £150 each and at 10+ years old they are not shining with their original brightness. Much easier and cheaper to put Philips Visionplus bulbs in the normal halogen holders.

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular