Forums > Geeks corner > Your Fleet Running Reports

YOUR FLEET RUNNING REPORTS
Prev | 1..440..878879880 | Next

I suspect that will be rather gigglesome, and the emergency start video will be a riot. Installing a line-locker? Go on, install a line-locker ;)

Surely you need a bigger throttle body on that?

Oh no, you don't 8)

New tyres all round for the i10. £175.

--

Possibly the only MX5 I will like, fantastic man points for that.

ML came back from Merc on Saturday, the doors were painted amazingly well, a new rear tyre (Luckily exactly the same as the others, OCD was safe) and all jobs I wanted doing done.

It does a healthy 23mpg (true) at a steady 80/90 mph cruise so a healthy 450miles between fill ups and after 4 days of diesel people carrier, a V8 was like a big cosy hug again.

I've had a good play with it in sport mode now, it essentially hardens the air suspension up a lot and holds onto gears longer before the kickdown switch is activated. It is completely devoid of feel but surprisingly responsive, like a nicely handling car while wearing oven mitts. The brakes are exceptional but it has a long pedal and I'm not sure how many repeated stops they will take before grumbling and throwing in the towel.

As a family waft mobile with giggles available on tap, it's awesome.

I did use Off Road mode today on a very steep uphill out of a car park, where you aren't supposed to drive and although it made it, Mercs idea of how air suspension should work when off road is a bit of a farce and would send a Range Rover engineer potty, it's just like driving on 4 immovable struts with very little movement, rocking from one wheel to the other :lol:

Dave!

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

Shiny estoril goodness. No idea what the colour match is like, doing the rear quarter anyway so will probably end up blowing the doors over too.

Updated September 15, 2014 at 8:13 PM

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Dr May confirms wheel bearing suicide. Going to order the parts in the morning, hopefully have them for Wednesday, drop the car in with him, probably get it back Thursday night, track it, then should be good for a week.

Tyre wear at the front is unpleasant, but will have to last till payday :(

Thanks chaps, an emergency start video will be posted once its finished, might be a while though. No plans to fit a line lock but I do have an adjustable bias valve so could always wind that out.

The throttle body is just the little 75mm (IIRC) one :D

--

Clio 182/Spazda MX-5/Honda CRF450R/VFR400

integrale_evo said...

Because with 200bhp and a wodge of torque it was miles quicker than the 2.2 petrol and loads cheaper to buy, tax and insure than the v6. Actually had a nice 5cylinder warble on the move and you can't smell the fumes or see the black smoke from inside ;)

Did sound like a tractor at idle though...

The 5 cylinder does sound good 8) but the idea of a diesel convertible still seems wrong somehow

action jack84 said...

integrale_evo said...

Because with 200bhp and a wodge of torque it was miles quicker than the 2.2 petrol and loads cheaper to buy, tax and insure than the v6. Actually had a nice 5cylinder warble on the move and you can't smell the fumes or see the black smoke from inside ;)

The 5 cylinder does sound good 8) but the idea of a diesel convertible still seems wrong somehow

I think Chris Harris was very positive about the Alfa 2.2 - in fact, he said the Brera S was better with the 2.2 than the 3.2.

--

ClubLupo

MattyB_ said...

action jack84 said...

integrale_evo said...

I think Chris Harris was very positive about the Alfa 2.2 - in fact, he said the Brera S was better with the 2.2 than the 3.2.

The 2.2 is a breathless thirsty thing no redeeming features and the 3.2 is not nearly as nice as the earlier busso v6 that you get in the GT & gta's

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular