Forums > Geeks corner > Your Fleet Running Reports

YOUR FLEET RUNNING REPORTS
Prev | 1..446..890891892 | Next

djchocice said...

The weakest point is probably the brakes, they've got good feel and the stopping power is good but on track I could see them going off quite quickly.

What pads is it running, as its almost certainly those at fault? I've got DS2500 in mine (same brakes pretty much) and the car feels like its dropping anchor if you stand on it. :lol:

How are you getting on with the flat midrange, it annoyed me whenever I drove them as I'm a bit lazy in general day to day driving and tend to sit in a higher gear. The Civic isn't much better but it does feel a little stronger in the mid range.

Forgot to upload this pic

I'd recommend the bigdug racking system, I've still got a sh*t load of stuff to store in the garage so got this both sides. Means everything is off the floor and height for a low car ain't an issue.

I don't have the height in mine to take full advantage of that, as mine has a boarded "attic" space instead so I just throw it all up there :lol:

I've been looking at freestanding racking though, partly for somewhere to leave my bike kit at night so its not clogging up the kitchen annex! Tempted by one of these actually, just cos :D

I have 2 garage width of space above the garage and kitchen but I need to access the stuff all the time so that would be an inconvenience. To be honest I should make more use of the space because it's probably something like 35 sq meters.

Barry said...

djchocice said...

The weakest point is probably the brakes, they've got good feel and the stopping power is good but on track I could see them going off quite quickly.

What pads is it running, as its almost certainly those at fault? I've got DS2500 in mine (same brakes pretty much) and the car feels like its dropping anchor if you stand on it. :lol:

How are you getting on with the flat midrange, it annoyed me whenever I drove them as I'm a bit lazy in general day to day driving and tend to sit in a higher gear. The Civic isn't much better but it does feel a little stronger in the mid range.

Assuming it's running the standard Honda ones. A change to ds2500's will be happening when they need changing as the reviews on them are most excellent.

To be honest the mid range isn't too bad, it's miles better than my old VTI which was hopeless off cam but I tend to hold on to gears a bit longer than I used to after doing my driving course in work. I will confess I do miss the low down grunt the 330 had when loping around town, but the S2000 is so special compared to the 330, it just makes me grin when I climb in into it no matter the weather, the 330 was good but it never made me go the long way round home like the s2000 does.

--

Stolen Orions on fire off the hard shoulder of the M8. I watched neds litter in the dark near the Tennents shop. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular