Forums > Ask evo > FAO Harry Metcalfe - A (possibly rubbish) forum idea.

FAO HARRY METCALFE - A (POSSIBLY RUBBISH) FORUM IDEA.
Previous | 1 | Next

After reading your post about trying to get this forum back to how it was and having the mag staff answer questions I got to thinking, maybe you could have something along the lines of the evo Mail Letter of the Month. We've seen the the fuss created with the evo mugs and how obsessed we all are on here with trinkets! We could have a prize for the thread that generates the most useful/knowledgeable responses or just a general thread of the fortnight etc. This lot would go daft for a mouse mat or keyring!

Hey I said it was a rubbish idea but it might work! :oops:

Zonda_ said...

Hey I said it was a rubbish idea but it might work! :oops:

Actually I think it is a good idea.
However I don't think it would work.

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 320d MSport

All ideas gratefully received, keep them coming! I'll look into this one as it seems a good one to me.

I'm hoping to change the home page to show a box-out on what posts are currently active, this would be a way of sucking people into the forum but getting a redesign done to accommodate this sort of change is the hardest bit of all.

Harry

I think the hardest part is retaining people who register. We regularly see people register, make a few posts, and disappear. The lass with the rare Venturi being a case in point. If there was a feeling that the mag writers were more involved I think more people would register and stay. I appreciate that the writers are busy people but this place seems to have stagnated of late and needs a kick up the rear end!

You could maybe look at an online voting system whereby readers can vote for what cars they want to see on Fast Fleet but here's the cunning bit, you put the voting jobbie on the forum! :wink:

And give me a ride in the Zonda for all my brain power used in coming up with this nonsense! I need a pint.

maser said...

I'm hoping to change the home page to show a box-out on what posts are currently active

:shock: Are you sure you want to do that?!

--

Tim

Toyota. Flat Cap. Grey Slacks. Slipons. Slower than everyone.

Agreed,

Please see this bit of mischeif from Mr Porter for reference.

http://www.sniffpetrol.com/category/random-cack/

(2nd article)

That is awesome, do it :mrgreen:

--

The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on.

IaFG Supercharged Muppet Division

donfisher said...

Agreed,

Please see this bit of mischeif from Mr Porter for reference.

http://www.sniffpetrol.com/category/random-cack/

(2nd article)

Monkey tennis :D

I agree this place needs a breath of fresh air. Haven't a clue what would make it work though!

--

I'm a user and a loser so i don't need no accuser

EVO Cribs!

Zonda_ said...

After reading your post about trying to get this forum back to how it was and having the mag staff answer questions

Where was this?

I've asked Mike to have a look at tidying up this 'Ask evo' forum over the next few days as I'd like to get this forum a lot more active again.

Some of the posts on here don't belong in Ask evo, making it hard to spot the ones that need replying to. Via some clever electronic trickery Mike will move some of these misplaced posts across to the general forum.

Behind the scenes there's a real desire to get this forum back to its old self. Watch this space.

HM

Taken from the MickyP thread, about 4 posts down.

Zonda_ said...

I've asked Mike to have a look at tidying up this 'Ask evo' forum over the next few days as I'd like to get this forum a lot more active again.

Some of the posts on here don't belong in Ask evo, making it hard to spot the ones that need replying to. Via some clever electronic trickery Mike will move some of these misplaced posts across to the general forum.

Behind the scenes there's a real desire to get this forum back to its old self. Watch this space.

HM

Taken from the MickyP thread, about 4 posts down.

Ok, all clear now. Still can't relate half the posts in here to what's in the magazine but I'm not sure what they're trying to get back to with the 'old self'

I think what Harry wanted the Ask Evo forum created for was exactly that, for readers of the mag to ask the writers mag specific or car specific questions. Unfortunately it didn't get used for that and that is what Harry is trying to get back to. I for one hope it works hence my suggestion of a prize for post of the week.month etc. I reckon it's good to be able to get feedback from the writers.

I notice he ducked my request for a ride in the Zonda though :cry:

Zonda_ said...

I think what Harry wanted the Ask Evo forum created for was exactly that, for readers of the mag to ask the writers mag specific or car specific questions. Unfortunately it didn't get used for that and that is what Harry is trying to get back to.

Could do with ditching the running reports and links to ebay items for sale in that case

Exactly, they belong in the General forum.

Thuddmonkey said...

EVO Cribs!

Thinking about filmin' one yo.

--

Hungry Hungry Hippos at the Ritz champion 2012.

Zonda_ said...

I think the hardest part is retaining people who register. We regularly see people register, make a few posts, and disappear. The lass with the rare Venturi being a case in point. If there was a feeling that the mag writers were more involved I think more people would register and stay. I appreciate that the writers are busy people but this place seems to have stagnated of late and needs a kick up the rear end!

They don't disappear, just read and don't post again. I'm sure plenty of you do the same on other boards.

Just found this thread. Do I win a watch? ;)

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular