Forums > Any other business > Are you pregnant?

ARE YOU PREGNANT?

Never put a foot wrong for me - Maternity Care was as good as Private in Bedford Hospital, I've had all sorts of scans and checks and only reverted to "Private" medical once (to fast track an Eye problem diagnosis as I'd convinced myself I'd had a Brain Tumour... )

Why ever do you ask... ;) :lol:

--

People once said...

"You're right Dinny"

Rich B said...

Interesting, I quite like the idea of names having some reason/origin. Not wanting to bring up any discussions of race/religion/etc just curiosity, are you planning to apply the methodology to a "western" name or choosing direct from the book?

There are some western names in the book, but they seem to be from the 1930s - Bert, Ethel and the like :lol:

Hoping for something Indian-ish, easy to spell and say. Daughter is called Kira, which seems to be in use in loads of cultures.

Wife is NZ born to Indian parents and a self-described coconut, but it is nice to keep something of their Indian heritage alive.

simongardner said...

Baby Gardner #2 arrived yesterday in the early hours of the morning. Healthy boy, 7lb 3oz.

Name tbc, doing the Indian thing where you find out the right first letters of the name after the birth. It does save a lot of baby name discussion in the months before :D

Congratulations :D

The naming idea sounds good, I have a solid dislike of naming conventions where people feel compelled to base it on a family link/personal history or background, it feels like scientific, evidence based naming :lol:. I prefer doing it on a whim, for instance, my dog is called Bernard and people sometimes ask why. The answer is "because he looks like a Bernard".

Also I love the fact that it's not a requiremtn to give kids your surname, it opens up all kinds of possibilities. I also have huge respect for my great uncle, who took his wife's surname in marriage back in the sixties, as a two-fingered salute to my grandfather.

--

My food blog

simongardner said...

Rich B said...

Interesting, I quite like the idea of names having some reason/origin. Not wanting to bring up any discussions of race/religion/etc just curiosity, are you planning to apply the methodology to a "western" name or choosing direct from the book?

There are some western names in the book, but they seem to be from the 1930s - Bert, Ethel and the like :lol:

Hoping for something Indian-ish, easy to spell and say. Daughter is called Kira, which seems to be in use in loads of cultures.

Wife is NZ born to Indian parents and a self-described coconut, but it is nice to keep something of their Indian heritage alive.

Not too sure about how Hindu's do it, but we (Sikh's) open our scriptures at random and use the first letter of the first full verse on whatever page we open at as the first letter of the name.

Updated April 22, 2017 at 5:31 PM

--

Bro... be yourself. Just less so.

mik said...

:lol: sorry to snigger Giles, but that's the nicest cvnty phrase I've read for ages. Will recycle.

simongardner said...

Baby Gardner #2 arrived yesterday in the early hours of the morning. Healthy boy, 7lb 3oz.

Name tbc, doing the Indian thing where you find out the right first letters of the name after the birth. It does save a lot of baby name discussion in the months before :D

Congratulations! Interesting stuff on the name front, never knew that. Every day's a school day.

--

Cheers,

Mike.

Mine and Sam's first child is due to arrive on 26 February 2018. Bit of a shock but we're happy.

--

Something witty goes here.....

If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.

Delphi said...

Mine and Sam's first child is due to arrive on 26 February 2018. Bit of a shock but we're happy.

Congrats! Were you unaware of how it works? Fun times ahead.

--

DeskJockey
---
Driving a Galaxy far, far away

Wow - congrats Andy!

--

It feels like that. Like a donkey. On a skateboard.

Congrats. Jobbo and JL next. :P

Updated August 8, 2017 at 7:54 AM

--

< less than 80kg not a member of the 100 club.

Congrats Delphi. 8)

RJW said...

I'm quite certain that that isn't technically possible.

--

DeskJockey
---
Driving a Galaxy far, far away

DeskJockey said...

RJW said...

:lol:

Congrats Andy, hope the pregnancy is easy!

--

Cheers

Rich

DeskJockey said...

RJW said...

I'll give it my best shot when I see him next.

--

Wow was I impressed

Turkey baster and rubber gloves. :P

--

< less than 80kg not a member of the 100 club.

Delphi said...

Congratulations!

--

Cheers,

Mike.

Congrats Andy. Still being able to get it up at your age is quite an achievement. :P

--

Even my earwax is radioactive.

Congrats Andy!

(realised I never reported back - we named baby #2 Josh in the end).

simongardner said...

Congrats Andy!

(realised I never reported back - we named baby #2 Josh in the end).

did you use any of the Indian method you mentioned in the end?

Updated August 8, 2017 at 10:58 AM

--

Cheers

Rich

Jimmy Choo said...

Congrats Andy. Still being able to get it up at your age is quite an achievement. :P

It was being close to you earwax that did it. Congrats Andy.

Jimmy Choo said...

You're just jealous of my massive sexual prowess! ;)

--

Something witty goes here.....

If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular