Forums > Any other business > Are you pregnant?

ARE YOU PREGNANT?

Baby Gardner #2 arrived yesterday in the early hours of the morning. Healthy boy, 7lb 3oz.

Name tbc, doing the Indian thing where you find out the right first letters of the name after the birth. It does save a lot of baby name discussion in the months before :D

simongardner said...

Baby Gardner #2 arrived yesterday in the early hours of the morning. Healthy boy, 7lb 3oz.

Name tbc, doing the Indian thing where you find out the right first letters of the name after the birth. It does save a lot of baby name discussion in the months before :D

congrats!! - what's this Indian name thing then?

--

Cheers

Rich

Congratulations!

I don't get what you mean re: first letters for the name

--

Ben

Excellent new Simon. And yeah, what's this Indian name thing?

As Steph was lucky enough to enjoy the pleasure of a full week's stay in hospital when she had Josh, I wrote all the prospective names on our list on post-it notes and stuck them to his crib. We whittled one off each day 'til we were left with the two which ultimately became his name - Joshua and Luke.

All of the things Rev and Ben said. 8)

Edit: and Mike

Updated April 21, 2017 at 9:38 AM

mik said...

All of the things Rev and Ben said. 8)

Edit: and Mike

I din't say nuffink.

Congrats Simon and family!

--

Discoc*nts

1st and 3rd places FECPOTY Shed of the Year 2016

Sorry - I thought you were Rich and he was you.

mik said...

:cry:

--

Cheers

Rich

mik said...

No, I'm Jobbo and Rich is Dinny.

--

Discoc*nts

1st and 3rd places FECPOTY Shed of the Year 2016

Congratulations Simon

--

M235i

Congrats!

(I'm me)

--

DeskJockey
---
Driving a Galaxy far, far away

Congrats to you and the family!

--

SD said.....

...it looked like a dog with worms, dragging its arse across the lawn.

So certain letters for baby names are meant to be auspicious depending on astrology stuff. So we send off the location and date/time to the wife's extended family out in India and they go to the local astrologer[1] who tells you the letters you should use.

There's a lot more letters, it's a bit like the phonetic alphabet (eg. different ways a letter starting with G can be pronounced). So you get your letters and the indian baby name books are organised by letter - you go through and pick off that (trying to find one that's easy to say and spell).

FullSizeRender.jpg by kiteless, on Flickr

As I say, saves a lot of up-front discussion, although I've probably spent even more time explaining why we don't have a name yet.

[1] who probably just makes it all up anyway

Updated April 21, 2017 at 10:24 AM

Congrats dude. Are you going for a Shr- then, or was that page being open just a coincidence?

--

Because V8

simongardner said...

Have you considered asking Russell Grant to suggest a name instead?

--

Wow was I impressed

Id' be a bit disappointed if, after all that, it came back with the recommendation "Dave" ;) :lol:

--

People once said...

"You're right Dinny"

simongardner said...

So certain letters for baby names are meant to be auspicious depending on astrology stuff. So we send off the location and date/time to the wife's extended family out in India and they go to the local astrologer[1] who tells you the letters you should use.

There's a lot more letters, it's a bit like the phonetic alphabet (eg. different ways a letter starting with G can be pronounced). So you get your letters and the indian baby name books are organised by letter - you go through and pick off that (trying to find one that's easy to say and spell).

FullSizeRender.jpg by kiteless, on Flickr

As I say, saves a lot of up-front discussion, although I've probably spent even more time explaining why we don't have a name yet.

Interesting, I quite like the idea of names having some reason/origin. Not wanting to bring up any discussions of race/religion/etc just curiosity, are you planning to apply the methodology to a "western" name or choosing direct from the book?

--

Cheers

Rich

So basically this is the Indian village version of Countdown then? Congrats by the way. :D

--

< less than 80kg not a member of the 100 club.

NotoriousREV said...

No, I'm Jobbo and Rich is Dinny.

Ouch... :shock:

(to Rich AND Jobbo... ;) )

--

People once said...

"You're right Dinny"

Dinny what is your opinion on the NHS? :)

--

< less than 80kg not a member of the 100 club.

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular