Forums > Any other business > New car thread - car for the wife

NEW CAR THREAD - CAR FOR THE WIFE
Previous | 123456789 | Next

She doesn't know what she wants. Maybe an SUV, maybe a hatchback, nothing too big, nothing too small, it needs to be sporty, have enough seats for the kids and room for the shopping. Ideas?

Joking, we've put a deposit on this:

2017 420d M Sport convertible with the M Sport Plus package, including Marv-approved 19" Orbit Grey alloys, Convertible Comfort package and Sports Auto.

--

Discoc*nts

1st and 3rd places FECPOTY Shed of the Year 2016

Looks the part - though you're supposed to have the big powerful engine in the coupe and the little economical engine in the estate! :D

--

Cheers

Rich

Rich B said...

Looks the part - though you're supposed to have the big powerful engine in the coupe and the little economical engine in the estate! :D

I was drooling over the M4s, to be honest. Why don't they make an M3 Touring?

--

Discoc*nts

That looks nice. Do you get enough sun oooop norf to warrant a convertible?

--

DeskJockey
---
Driving a Galaxy far, far away

Noice 8)

--

F*ck the internet, I was doing this My Way.

DeskJockey said...

That looks nice. Do you get enough sun oooop norf to warrant a convertible?

On average, we get 12 minutes per day less sunshine than London. We'll cope.

--

Discoc*nts

Nice upgrade 8)

Get it remapped, they are catastrophically slow otherwise! I really regret buying mine but I needed economy at the time.

On paper, it's as fast as her Giulietta, so she'll be fine with it.

--

Discoc*nts

Yeah, ours is absolutely fine - 7.5 seconds time 60 - it's no sports car and it sounds pretty agricultural, but plenty fast enough for the wife, even coming from her Fiesta ST.

--

Cheers

Rich

Very nice, Rev. I think these 20d's go quite well. Certainly looks good. What did you think of it? Personally I used to be dead against derv convertibles as they just seemed illogical - roof down with a TDI chugging away. But they've become so refined it's not really an issue anymore. Speaking of the roof, the operation on these is a piece of origami art IMO. I actually find them rather fascinating.

Updated February 10, 2018 at 7:39 PM

Alex88 said...

Very nice, Rev. I think these 20d's go quite well. Certainly looks good. What did you think of it? Personally I used to be dead against derv convertibles as they just seemed illogical - roof down with a TDI chugging away. But they've become so refined it's not really an issue anymore. Speaking of the roof, the operation on these is a piece of origami art IMO. I actually find them rather fascinating.

The 20d is not refined!

I really liked it, it's nicely specced with the airscarf thingies and the 19s make it look a lot more sporty than it really is. I didn't bother driving is at I used to have a 320d and figured it'd be about the same but heavier. Definitely a step up from the Alfa. I'm looking forward to borrowing it, if I'm honest (and I don't say that about the Giulietta).

--

Discoc*nts

Gav, was yours auto or manuel?

--

Discoc*nts

NotoriousREV said...

Gav, was yours auto or manuel?

It is auto.

Good darts! 8) Good time of the year to buy a convertible too*, shame the weather is going to be properly naff for the next few weeks :(

*Price wise

Updated February 10, 2018 at 8:22 PM

NotoriousREV said...

She doesn't know what she wants.

So basically same as all women the world over?

--

https://www.youtube.com/user/ilmostro749

I know you are as likely to be following a stinking diesel in a petrol 'vert as to smell you own exhaust but diesel and topless still seems wrong.

But it is a pretty colour so that's nice! :)

Looks great Dave. Will she service this one or is everything going to be your fault again? :lol:

--

It feels like that. Like a donkey. On a skateboard.

JL said...

Looks great Dave. Will she service this one or is everything going to be your fault again? :lol:

She's been told that she has to service it and if it ends up knee deep in Macccy Ds wrappers I'll sell it and she'll have to walk to work.

--

Discoc*nts

Previous | 123456789 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular