Forums > Any other business > Ferrari new V8 Special Sports Series

FERRARI NEW V8 SPECIAL SPORTS SERIES
Prev | 123 | Next

Easily more desirable than a 720S. I have quite a thing for the Performante, but it may even top that too.

After witnessing the way in which a GT3 RS systematically embarrassed me in the Exige a few months ago however, I still think the GT2 RS would be my first choice.

--

"Drink, drugs and driving a black Porsche Carrera what a big brave man he is, also a father and husband, HOW SO VERY SCARY!!!!!!!"

Tbh, & living close to a McLaren dealership; I'd still have to test drive all these cars to decide which one I preferred, because they're all fvcking epic!!! Bravo Ferrari, Lamborghini and McLaren!*

*i'd love a Gt2-RS aswell, but I don't class it in the same category tbh

--

“Agree. F430 Scud was the best automated manual ever created for me.” Harry Metcalfe, Dec ‘17.

Well with electric supercars, either here or on their way, now capable of doing 0-60 in less than 2 seconds, the only rational reason to choose one petrol-engined supercar over another is the irrational way it makes you feel.

And for 70 years, Ferrari have been the absolute best at stirring irrational feelings of desirability, so I declare the Pista the winner having driven precisely none of the contenders (but have had a few goes in a boggo 488).

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

All information is now available on Ferrari web site; I guess more details will come at Geneva where the car will be actually displayed.
The GT2RS is track-oriented, and priced about the same as what is expected for the 488 Pista, so it should be considered a real competitor.
Except that it's apparently sold out, so one could be able to get a 488 Pista and not a GT2RS.
Coming back to the 488 Pista, it seems to be promising - and probably the last non-hybrid mid-engine Ferrari (could also be the last V8 if Ferrari elects to downsize to V6).
The only additional thing I would have liked to see is RWS, I was really impressed by the Porsche system.

--

Pilouil

pilouil said...

All information is now available on Ferrari web site; I guess more details will come at Geneva where the car will be actually displayed.
The GT2RS is track-oriented, and priced about the same as what is expected for the 488 Pista, so it should be considered a real competitor.
Except that it's apparently sold out, so one could be able to get a 488 Pista and not a GT2RS.
Coming back to the 488 Pista, it seems to be promising - and probably the last non-hybrid mid-engine Ferrari (could also be the last V8 if Ferrari elects to downsize to V6).
The only additional thing I would have liked to see is RWS, I was really impressed by the Porsche system.

You've got your mid-engined car very wrong if you need 4WS. ;)

Ok, the F12 TdF and 812 are technically front-mid-engined, but they are big long beasties and need that virtual short wheelbase to make them super agile. The 911 of course, still has its motor in the wrong place, so again, 4WS is useful to get sharper turn-in.

There really is no discussion about whether you should get one or not, and I suspect you know that... :lol:

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

pilouil said...

Here it is:

721 PS, less than 1400 kg...
More at the presentation this evening, still waiting for the price.

Is that even a decision? It looks fantastic!

--

It feels like that. Like a donkey. On a skateboard.

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Look at the front end too long and you'll see it's gurning.

Best to sit safely inside it 8)

i am sure it will be amazing to drive, but it does very little for me, I would rather have Harry's Alfa

or (well timed release) the new GT3 RS

especially with the jobbo interior

Updated February 21, 2018 at 4:57 PM

--

Existence is pain ...

WIBBLE

I'd have the 488, but without the stripe and probably a black roof. Probably carbon wheels too. Or several sets of wheels, so you can drive to track, stick on the carbon wheels and sticky tires, giro di pista x 25 , and then drive home.

Updated February 21, 2018 at 7:12 PM

--

https://www.youtube.com/user/ilmostro749

I don't get the painted black roofs/pillars thing on Ferrari's - I think it looks awful.

--

Cheers

Rich

Prev | 123 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular