Forums > Any other business > Headphones, again (over-ear, sweat-tolerant)

HEADPHONES, AGAIN (OVER-EAR, SWEAT-TOLERANT)
Prev | 123 | Next

First gym session with 770s...

Some thoughts, in no particular order:
- I quite like training with over-ear headphones
- more comfy than some of the BT IEMs I have
- quite sweaty, but that was always a given
- walking outside in them you notice a lot of wind noise/rush (even on what appears a still day)
- yup, they're bass heavy alright - may need some EQ tweakery (can you believe the Google Play Music app doesn't have any native EQ functionality?!)
- the blocked out quite a lot of the "easy" noise like the AC etc and take the edge off other sounds like music/talking etc
- overall worked better than I'd feared
- feel quite plastic/light build which is both good (for wearing etc) and bad (can't see them surviving knocks in the same was as say Sennheiser HD25s, Sony MDR-V6s etc)

After sending my soundpeats back I've decided after much research to use one of these:

In combination with the sennheiser CX300-IIs that I've had for years. Female end ziptied under the bike's stem gives me plenty of length, and switching between laptop/tv/tablet/phone as desired is infinitely easier than fecking about with bt shenanigans.

Fvck bluetooth, fvck it in its stupid bumhole.

Updated February 8, 2018 at 1:08 PM

Still enjoying Zwift a couple of weeks on - if the weather improves I might even ride outside one day :O

Update: I decided to return the 770BNs - the sound quality really was quite poor.

I ended up installing a 3rd party music player on my phone, just so I could have an EQ (that worked over BT) so I could dial back the bass and boost the higher frequencies.

That just seemed daft to me.

Just purchased some Bose Soundsport for run/gym with Heathrow reward points :D

Will report back.

Mate of mine just gave me a pair of those - bought them and hated them as he said they were sh1t. He was right - they sound no better than the free ones you get bundled with a new phone. Incredible how much they cost - if you can cancel, do so and get some Shures or something. They suck.

Updated February 13, 2018 at 2:51 PM

--

It feels like that. Like a donkey. On a skateboard.

JL said...

Mate of mine just gave me a pair of those - bought them and hated them as he said they were sh1t. He was right - they sound no better than the free ones you get bundled with a new phone. Incredible how much they cost - if you can cancel, do so and get some Shures or something. They suck.

The Bose? Still in box. Reviews looked OK.

My personal experience >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any fkn review. HTH.

:lol:

--

Yeah but ears are different over there, as I think my bose soundsports are great.

--

www.hpeauto.co.uk

_ said...

Still enjoying Zwift a couple of weeks on - if the weather improves I might even ride outside one day :O

I don't know why its so enjoyable, it really shouldn't be. I was really skeptical about whether I'd use the turbo trainer or not, but its been a god-send this winter and I can see me continuing to use it for cross-training when not running.

The setup is growing though, there's now a 27" monitor connected to an Apple TV with Anker bluetooth speaker for watching stuff and then I just have Zwift running on my iPad.

--

Cheers,

Mike.

JL said...

I have 2 pairs of RHA MA450i in-ears. They sound very different to each other so who's to say what the pair you get will sound like?

--

Discoc*nts

1st and 3rd places FECPOTY Shed of the Year 2016

NotoriousREV said...

JL said...

I have 2 pairs of RHA MA450i in-ears. They sound very different to each other so who's to say what the pair you get will sound like?

The ones which are not fake will sound better.

--

"It's like he's immortal but sh1t" - @NotoriousRev
"You look like a Jelly Baby from down the back of the sofa"

Si_ said...

NotoriousREV said...

JL said...

The ones which are not fake will sound better.

They're both direct from RHA. I don't think RHA will be selling fake RHAs. Anyway, I didn't say one sounds better than the other, just that they're different. One set is brighter than the other.

--

Discoc*nts

1st and 3rd places FECPOTY Shed of the Year 2016

Dan said...

Yeah but ears are different over there, as I think my bose soundsports are great.

Ah there seems to be a few different ones - these are the ones I have:

--

Your actual ones? If not.....

THOSE ACTUAL ONES 8)

Shirley you didn't think I'd just use any old library pic when embroiled in a discussion of such incredible importance and magnitude?

Updated February 14, 2018 at 7:39 AM

--

These are my actual headphones, as seen hanging from the phone holder in my car.

I don't know what model they are but I wouldn't be so foolish as to post a library image, i'm not new to the internet. :roll:

I should just point out one minor caveat, which you may have noticed applies to most discussions I enter on this forum....

I'm very easily pleased when it comes to anything less trivial than life or death generally.

--

www.hpeauto.co.uk

The white background makes anything a million times better!

Ascender said...

_ said...

I don't know why its so enjoyable, it really shouldn't be. I was really skeptical about whether I'd use the turbo trainer or not, but its been a god-send this winter and I can see me continuing to use it for cross-training when not running.

The setup is growing though, there's now a 27" monitor connected to an Apple TV with Anker bluetooth speaker for watching stuff and then I just have Zwift running on my iPad.

I started off with just my laptop, but have now commandeered the ageing flatscreen that was just gathering dust in a spare room - it's only 26" and not even HD, but it's fine for Zwift.

If I'm doing an ERG workout (most of my rides at the moment) I tend to put some TV on my laptop and watch that much more than I look at the Zwift screen, as all I have to do is sit and spin at 95rpm for an hour, no need to think about gears for gradients or anything.

I'm a bit blind and struggle to wear my glasses when I'm getting sweaty so it's better for me to have Z on the bigger screen in case I do want to read anything.

Dan said...

I'm very easily pleased when it comes to anything less trivial than life or death generally.

I imagine I speak for all of us when I say it's your placid and pragmatic outlook on life that makes us all hate you so much.

--

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular