Forums > Any other business > Another what car thread

ANOTHER WHAT CAR THREAD
Previous | 1 | Next

So I'm having a car reshuffle at the minute.

The Mini has gone, my dad has given me his 2012 308 so thats what the wife is using at the minute, and that is staying as it's relible and cheap to run.

So the Volvo needs replacing, I've been looking at the newer shape Mazda 6 which seem to be a decent car, 2.5 Petrol seems reliable and swift enough?

I've also seen 2.5t Mondeos which are very cheap now, but I'm really not a fan of the styling.

I just want something ideally less than 8 seconds to 60, has to be able to pull the caravan (1400kg) and something that won't fall apart on my drive.

Now all the requirements seem to point to, another Volvo or Saab :lol:

But I'd like to try something different, so any help is very welcome; £3k ish + whatever I sell or get as trade in for the Volvo (£1-1500ish)

16vcento said...

has to be able to pull the caravan (1400kg)

You're dead to me now. ;)

--

https://www.youtube.com/user/ilmostro749

Haha it's a good way of getting away with the little one without much cost!

Oh yeah the car also has to fit a child seat in it and easy access to the back so ideally 4 doors +

Mazda is a good, comfy car and if you get one of the higher spec models quite well equipped (TS2 minimum).

I'm not sure about towing though, is a 1400kg caravan a big one? Former boss bought a massive double axle thingy to tow behind his first gen V70 2.5t. Never got out of second gear going up even modest hills, so swapped it for an E320CDi.

Updated January 13, 2018 at 1:52 PM

--

DeskJockey
---
Driving a Galaxy far, far away

It's well within towing limit of Mazda (1700kg)

They seem to get very good reviews, 2.2d is the one to go for seemingly but I'm not sure about diesels, that particular engine seems highly regarded though.

Citroen C6 even the 2.2d can tow 1700kg.

They always catch my eye if i see one.

I've been looking at C5 V6s which are on the same chassis and suspension set up as the C6 but a bit smaller and lighter, I do like the C6 but they are huge and a bit too heavy for me to stay under 3500kg train weight

16vcento said...

I've been looking at C5 V6s which are on the same chassis and suspension set up as the C6 but a bit smaller and lighter, I do like the C6 but they are huge and a bit too heavy for me to stay under 3500kg train weight

Not many C5 V6's about is there, 1 on auto trader !

linky

16vcento said...

They seem to get very good reviews, 2.2d is the one to go for seemingly but I'm not sure about diesels, that particular engine seems highly regarded though.

I had the 2.2d in the 163 bhp version and it was faultless for 50k miles (bought with 73k on the clock).

Older 2.0d is to be avoided.

--

DeskJockey
---

I shall have to find a petrol and diesel Mazda to try.

There are 3 C5 V6s for sale in the entire country :lol:

It's a shame they didnt put the 3.0 V6 I had in my 406 in the newer C5, that would have been my ideal car tbh.

Octavia Vrs in either form.

DeskJockey said...

16vcento said...

I had the 2.2d in the 163 bhp version and it was faultless for 50k miles (bought with 73k on the clock).

Older 2.0d is to be avoided.

I've got the 2.2 double turbo 175bhp engine in the cx5. It's nice but it's lacking 50bhp, and the auto tries to rev it.
Also, 32mpg average.

--

"It's like he's immortal but sh1t" - @NotoriousRev
"You look like a Jelly Baby from down the back of the sofa"

16vcento said...

I shall have to find a petrol and diesel Mazda to try.

There are 3 C5 V6s for sale in the entire country :lol:

It's a shame they didnt put the 3.0 V6 I had in my 406 in the newer C5, that would have been my ideal car tbh.

407 was sold with it iirc

--

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

16vcento said...

They did a V6 new shape C5, not the same?

How about a 530d ?

N said...

16vcento said...

They did a V6 new shape C5, not the same?

Diesel only :?

I'm not the biggest BMW fan tbh, parts prices are expensive!

16vcento said...

I'm not the biggest BMW fan tbh, parts prices are expensive!

Buy a whole one rather than one that needs parts then.

--

Cheers

Rich

Might be able to sort you a deal on a burgundy '51 plate petrol C5 V6 executive auto with a tow bar. One owner from new, sat still for about a year, will need some work and towing/trailering away.

Needs a service, new tyres, probably a battery, a thorough clean and an MOT. That's based on what I know.

Some cosmetic damage (corner scrapes, etc.).

Updated January 14, 2018 at 12:27 PM

--

DeskJockey
---

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular