Forums > Any other business > Tradespeople: A short rant

TRADESPEOPLE: A SHORT RANT
Previous | 1234 | Next

Why do tradespeople get away with being so flaky and generally shite?

I decided that to fit my new CCTV system, I wanted someone to do it properly (i.e. I looked at the job and decided it looked hard), so I got a few recommendations and found a guy who seemed happy to do it.

He came and took a look, gave us a price and we agreed a date to come and do the work (today).

After 10 minutes, he comes and says "sorry, I can't do it, I can't fit in the crawl space. Bye".

FFS. We don't seem to be able to find good people ever, even when we get recommendations. I hope my new front door fitting goes better in a couple of weeks.

--

Discoc*nts

1st and 3rd places FECPOTY Shed of the Year 2016

No point in only ranting at the short ones, surely if he was short he would have fitted in the crawl space easier?

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

David_Yu said...

No point in only ranting at the short ones, surely if he was short he would have fitted in the crawl space easier?

I think Rev was just saying "that's the long and the short of it"....

Getting someone to do it might be a tall order though

--

Wales Meet

Dan Webster "Your car actually sounded quite good from up there"

It's the height of ignorance

--

People once said...

"You're right Dinny"

Dinny_G said...

It's the height of ignorance

In short....yes

--

Wales Meet

Re-advertise for the job and specify that chubsters need not apply.

--

Cheers,

Mike.

You didn't insist that he crawled around your loft and actually do the job in order to provide a quote?

When he came to do the job you didn't try to squeeze him down a little?

Updated December 5, 2017 at 10:33 AM

Ascender said...

Re-advertise for the job and specify that chubsters need not apply.

Svelte individual needed - 18-30, good with their hands, preferably female, willing to climb into tight spaces with no possibility of escape.

Applications by email to herrfritzel@getinmycellar.com

--

PDK frees up your left hand so you can scratch your vagina.

Brexit.

--

"It's like he's immortal but sh1t" - @NotoriousRev
"You look like a Jelly Baby from down the back of the sofa"

So does anyone know a small child that can operate a hammer drill and doesn't mind the occasional electric shock? Cash waiting.

--

Discoc*nts

1st and 3rd places FECPOTY Shed of the Year 2016

Si_ said...

Brexit.

Climate change

--

Wales Meet

NotoriousREV said...

So does anyone know a small child that can operate a hammer drill and doesn't mind the occasional electric shock? Cash waiting.

Grow your own?

--

Wales Meet

NotoriousREV said...

:shock:

--

How about not having a sig at all?

NotoriousREV said...

Why do tradespeople get away with being so flaky and generally shite?

I decided that to fit my new CCTV system, I wanted someone to do it properly (i.e. I looked at the job and decided it looked hard), so I got a few recommendations and found a guy who seemed happy to do it.

He came and took a look, gave us a price and we agreed a date to come and do the work (today).

After 10 minutes, he comes and says "sorry, I can't do it, I can't fit in the crawl space. Bye".

FFS. We don't seem to be able to find good people ever, even when we get recommendations. I hope my new front door fitting goes better in a couple of weeks.

Maybe they subsequently hear that you're an aggressive local, with a methamphetamine problem?

I always struggled to find decent tradespeople (mediocre was the most common, jobs not quite finished etc) when I lived in my old house. Since renting it out I've had a few in and they've actually been much better; not sure if that's because I tell them I'm the landlord and they'll have to get the tenants to let them in, so they think I'll be more businesslike or something.

--

Wow was I impressed

NotoriousREV said...

When you start seeing the title of this tread as 'Transpeople' you know you need more caffeine...

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Mike1215 said...

Si_ said...

Brexit.

Climate change

Overly aggressive vegans

Mito Man said...

When you start seeing the title of this tread as 'Transpeople' you know you need more caffeine...

Same here :lol:

--

It feels like that. Like a donkey. On a skateboard.

Don't even start me, there isn't enough internet to cope with the rant I could produce about plumbers, builders etc.

Previous | 1234 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular