Forums > Any other business > 'Ring track day carnage

'RING TRACK DAY CARNAGE
Previous | 12 | Next

Liveleak vid Live but nothing dodgy (other than some of the forward-thinking :? )

clik

I've no real interest in driving the 'ring anymore. For pretty much this exact reason.

--

Tim

Skoda Octavia vRS. Ducati 748 Biposto. BMW R1200RT SE. SERV Volunteer.

nasty, Misha mentioned this on one of his vlogs recently, air ambulance was required for one of them :(

--

Existence is pain ...

WIBBLE

'Kin hell.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

fvkcing ell. Why did that tube stop and get out the car? drive on and GTF out of there. His car ended up getting skelped.

--

Strong Broo Racing

I'm assuming he wanted to save his tyres from track debris :?: but yeah - that turned out to be a poor decision.

Much worse the car that pulled up on the inside and was then hammered (by a 350Z?).

scotta said...

fvkcing ell. Why did that tube stop and get out the car? drive on and GTF out of there. His car ended up getting skelped.

Just carry on and stop somewhere safer

They should really have yellow flags behind the barrier every 100 metres or so, that way if someone is out they can wave that instead looking like a youtuber egging the drivers on to go faster.

--

Jesus:shock:

For his own safety, he should have driven through and then parked up, but then would there have been worse crashes if he hadn't tried to warn people? How on earth he didn't swear when he was watching his own car get smashed up, I'll never know. Sounded like he had a V8 in that E30.

--

Discoc*nts

1st and 3rd places FECPOTY Shed of the Year 2016

Looking at it again that poor red car right at the end that pulls over to the left of the track, it's the only place a crash hasn't occurred so you'd think its a safe place, then the bastard Porsche comes across sideways and absolutely nails it!

--

I guess from the grainy footage that the red car is perhaps a Mk1 Skoda Octavia VRS.

The white coupe that crashes into it though is definitely an Audi TT, not a 911.

--

PDK frees up your left hand so you can scratch your vagina.

Wasn't a public session, privately hired by those guys who provided their own marshals. The marshals went home at the end of the day and they decided to do one last lap apparently...

Feel for the guy filming. He leaves his car in a stupid place but at least he stops, jumps out, gets over the barrier and makes an attempt to flag people down. Would have been gutting to see your car getting repeatedly smashed into like that.

Nasty stuff. Even when I was going on the SCD events, pretty much 50% of the people had walkie talkies in the car, just to help co-ordinate things, if this was a private event, they should have done the same IMO.

LL link doesn't play for me :?

I guess it's this one :(

Another view; click.

--

----~----

what a mess.

--

M235i

The E30 driver seemed very calm and polite even after his car was shunted into.

Which possibly makes sense if - as Ste said - it wasn't a public day. Probably knew the guy that hit it...

_Tim_ said...

I've no real interest in driving the 'ring anymore. For pretty much this exact reason.

This

exiges said...

_Tim_ said...

This

its kinda on my buck list now with a hope as some form of motivation to get my health sorted out

i think thou renting something cheap is the way to go just so i can say been there done that

--

Existence is pain ...

WIBBLE

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular