Forums > Any other business > Golf r estate lease deals

GOLF R ESTATE LEASE DEALS
Prev | 1..7..10111213 | Next

Broccers_ said...

_Who_ said...

FWIW I'm dissuaded from leasing a Golf R Estate because of the frequency of them getting stolen.

Boo hoo.

So you are against any desirable car. Wrong forum kid.

This is, of course, true. However some cars attract a higher proportion of trouble from neds. Normally faster versions of mundane cars IME. Focus RS, Audi S3, BMW M3, AMG Mercs and the likes of Golf R. It's always been the same from Mk2 Jags to Cossies etc. They're anonymous enough not to get them a tug instantly but quick enough to have fun in and use for criminal activity.

Ferraris, Porsches, niche stuff like Lotus, Caterhams etc don't attract the same kind of crims. They still get knicked, but with a lower frequency and by a different kind of thief who generally need 4 doors and a boot and are more likely to be the type that will knock your door down in the night and come up your stairs with a machete or will be on your drive with a scanner.

Updated December 7, 2017 at 4:09 PM

Try owning (paid for cash) a motorbike. Can't park it anywhere. Few people know I own one. It's out of sight immediately.

Sadly this is the world we live in.

ste said...

Broccers_ said...

_Who_ said...

FWIW I'm dissuaded from leasing a Golf R Estate because of the frequency of them getting stolen.

Boo hoo.

So you are against any desirable car. Wrong forum kid.

This is, of course, true. However some cars attract a higher proportion of trouble from neds. Normally faster versions of mundane cars IME. Focus RS, Audi S3, BMW M3, AMG Mercs and the likes of Golf R. It's always been the same from Mk2 Jags to Cossies etc. They're anonymous enough not to get them a tug instantly but quick enough to have fun in and use for criminal activity.

Ferraris, Porsches, niche stuff like Lotus, Caterhams etc don't attract the same kind of crims. They still get knicked, but with a lower frequency and by a different kind of thief who generally need 4 doors and a boot and are more likely to be the type that will knock your door down in the night and come up your stairs with a machete or will be on your drive with a scanner.

Much higher chance of Ferraris being tucked up in a secure garage too rather than left in the open like your typical M3 too.

--

Cheers

Rich

Broccers_ said...

Try owning (paid for cash) a motorbike. Can't park it anywhere. Few people know I own one. It's out of sight immediately.

Sadly this is the country you lot live in.

Efa.

--

It feels like that. Like a donkey. On a skateboard.

You'd think we live in some sort of third world hole reading that...

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Seriously pumped for delivery now. :?

It's white, Broccers. I know.

--

"Drink, drugs and driving a black Porsche Carrera what a big brave man he is, also a father and husband, HOW SO VERY SCARY!!!!!!!"

securitycheck said...

N said...

I assume you're all raiding ATMs - choice of car for it at the moment.

Is it two years already you have had the Polo ?

Yep, every Golf R owner raids ATM's. :roll:

I don't think it's the owners that are the problem.

--

F*ck the internet, I was doing this My Way.

Mito Man said...

You'd think we live in some sort of third world hole reading that...

If you look at how little the Police seem to care/have the resources to deal with bike theft you would think we were third world. If your motorbike gets nicked in this country, you're on your own basically..

240PP said...

securitycheck said...

N said...

Read the first bit of N's post again.

--

Bro... be yourself. Just less so.

mik said...

:lol: sorry to snigger Giles, but that's the nicest cvnty phrase I've read for ages. Will recycle.

Yes?

--

securitycheck said...

240PP said...

securitycheck said...

N said...

I've been to the pub all afternoon and can't fathom the point?

I've had a car stolen in 2003, probably the first wave of key thefts. Don't live life by what you read. It's never positive, mostly happy news is 99 percent unreported as it's boring.

Buy / rent what you want. If you can't afford it tho don't blame it on fake news.

securitycheck said...

240PP said...

securitycheck said...

N said...

Humour please

Broccers_ said...

securitycheck said...

240PP said...

securitycheck said...

N said...

I've been to the pub all afternoon and can't fathom the point?

I've had a car stolen in 2003, probably the first wave of key thefts. Don't live life by what you read. It's never positive, mostly happy news is 99 percent unreported as it's boring.

Buy / rent what you want. If you can't afford it tho don't blame it on fake news.

Not at all. My uncle was broken into last week and they took his Merc along with several friends and many acquaintances over the past few months.

Official figures +64% crime in my area this year.

It's not hysteria.

Have you moved out of your parents house yet?

In the real world and adequate security this does not occur.

N said...

Not at all. My uncle was broken into last week and they took his Merc along with several friends and many acquaintances over the past few months.

They stole his friends too? Bastards :(

--

N said...

My uncle was broken into last week and they took his Merc along with several friends and many acquaintances.

It's not hysteria.

:lol: I shouldn't laugh as Nathan is clearly fearing for his life along with his uncles friends and acquaintances stuck in the back of that Merc.

Mudge. White? Are you fvckin kidding?

Can't take the Scots out of Scotland.

I did baulk at 200 ish a year for grey. Having said that I will be able to turnround and look at my car and think it's OK. :lol:

carlos said...

N said...

My uncle was broken into last week and they took his Merc along with several friends and many acquaintances.

It's not hysteria.

:lol: I shouldn't laugh as Nathan is clearly fearing for his life along with his uncles friends and acquaintances stuck in the back of that Merc.

Don't pick on him tho lads. Quite clearly not having anything in life is best for your non life.

Broccers_ said...

Mudge. White? Are you fvckin kidding?

Can't take the Scots out of Scotland.

I did baulk at 200 ish a year for grey. Having said that I will be able to turnround and look at my car and think it's OK. :lol:

Call it my theft deterrent mechanism.

(I actually don't mind them in white with the black accents).

--

"Drink, drugs and driving a black Porsche Carrera what a big brave man he is, also a father and husband, HOW SO VERY SCARY!!!!!!!"

Maybe when it shows yes. White cars don't work. Enjoy it tho.

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular