Forums > Any other business > Golf r estate lease deals

GOLF R ESTATE LEASE DEALS

Jobbo said...

Have they taken any money? They can get cars, just not at that price, I assume. But there's a long thread on PH about Alfa 4Cs having a similar problem last year. Deals became available again, but better, just after the dust had settled. IIRC that was dealer orders too. Wonder if brokers are actually better organised?

My first attempt at leasing was similarly thwarted but I'm glad I got my Audi this way.

No money taken. I offered a deposit but was told I only needed to make any payment 10 days after delivery. I have notice of the finance approval and a signed order form stating car specs, the specifics of the PCH deal and a delivery date.

What really grinds my gears is that I had enquiries in with 3 dealers. These (who just happen to be my local dealer) were the first to respond. I could've done a deal with at least one of the others if they didn't tell me I had a confirmed order.

The cheapest deal I can currently find online is £1000 more, with our old friend Ling. Let's see if she can do the deal :lol:

Updated July 14, 2017 at 7:57 AM

--

Discoc*nts

1st and 3rd places FECPOTY Shed of the Year 2016

I'd be tempted to drop Richard at Windrush a mail asking for dibs on cancelled orders. Lots of folk get carried away and then realise they can't afford it when it's delivery month.

NotoriousREV said...

The cheapest deal I can currently find online is £1000 more, with our old friend Ling. Let's see if she can do the deal :lol:

Now if you say her name 3 times she does actually appear. We know this from experience!

--

Defacing the evo forum since 2000

well, Ling can't do the deal either. I'm off to find some puppies to kick.

--

Discoc*nts

1st and 3rd places FECPOTY Shed of the Year 2016

Mine will look like this

How much for the wheels, paint and mirror caps BigBilly?

BigBilly said...

Mine will look like this

Wow those wheels are awful

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GT-R/ Audi S4

BigBilly said...

Mine will look like this

I like the battleship grey Mick, I've never seen even a photo of one in flat grey.

Mark BT52 said...

BigBilly said...

Mine will look like this

Wow those wheels are awful

Yup, and too big. Almost looks like one of those caricature prints that used to be popular all those years ago.

Updated July 14, 2017 at 1:32 PM

--

Defacing the evo forum since 2000

I would imagine it's indium like what mine will be.

Updated July 14, 2017 at 2:51 PM

carlos said...

BigBilly said...

Mine will look like this

I like the battleship grey Mick, I've never seen even a photo of one in flat grey.

Only 40 quid a month more for a colour I'd actually want and the wheels are a modern style IMO

Drove a 440i before ordering as was in two minds to get another Golf but the BM, was so underwhelming in so many ways, glad I stuck with it.

VW have really lost the plot with the latest wheels they've released. And Audi for that matter. Nobody wants a dog-leg spokes, they look sh*t and these black painted and then diamond cut wheels are f*cking stupid. My Polo has them and they just loo daft up close.

Walking around Caffyns VW last week about 20% of the cars on the forecourt had marks on the wheels including brand new stuff. I just see them as a butt-f*cking for someone, the punter or the dealer further down the line.

NotoriousREV said...

I have notice of the finance approval and a signed order form stating car specs, the specifics of the PCH deal and a delivery date.

So a CRA search against your name for a car that didn't really exist and a finance contract you would never have been in a position to take out ??

Updated July 14, 2017 at 2:31 PM

--

People once said...

"You're right Dinny"

Do like that grey paint though. 8)

Dinny_G said...

NotoriousREV said...

I have notice of the finance approval and a signed order form stating car specs, the specifics of the PCH deal and a delivery date.

So a CRA search against your name for a car that didn't really exist and a finance contract you would never have been in a position to take out ??

The actual impact of that is a massive f*ck all though isn't it.

ste said...

VW have really lost the plot with the latest wheels they've released. And Audi for that matter. Nobody wants a dog-leg spokes, they look sh*t and these black painted and then diamond cut wheels are f*cking stupid. My Polo has them and they just loo daft up close.

Walking around Caffyns VW last week about 20% of the cars on the forecourt had marks on the wheels including brand new stuff. I just see them as a butt-f*cking for someone, the punter or the dealer further down the line.

My golf is 2.5 years old and not a mark on them, then again I can park a car properly, I can see why many end up marked though.

ste said...

The actual impact of that is a massive f*ck all though isn't it.

In isolation, probably but depends on what the individual has done / applied for already in recent times and what their plans are in future.

On principle though, I'd be pis$ed off...

--

People once said...

"You're right Dinny"

It's not so much that they get marked, more that they're a nightmare to sort if you do. Wheels can only be re-cut a couple of times depending how deep they need to go, and a recut and lacquered wheel will never last as long as a factory finish.

At least with a normal silver wheel they can bung a bit of putty in and paint it and it'll look as good as new.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Avoiding those pikey car washes is a good start.

Its 35.00ish a wheel if its scuffed going back to vwfs - hardly a lot.

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular