Forums > Gaming > Project Cars 2

PROJECT CARS 2
Prev | 123 | Next

So I discovered there are a few setups defined for each car. Loose, Stable and OEM generally. It defaults to Loose, which explains quite a lot :lol:

It doesn't seem to record your fastest lap for posterity if you do it int he Private Test session either, which is annoying. I beat my Caterham/Knockhill time by half a second but it's lost.

Try the LaFerrari around Knockhill. It's hilarious.

Neither that or the 918 recover their battery charge once it's deleted though, think that's a bug.

--

Tim

Skoda Octavia vRS. Ducati 748 Biposto. BMW R1200RT SE.

_Tim_ said...

So I discovered there are a few setups defined for each car. Loose, Stable and OEM generally. It defaults to Loose, which explains quite a lot :lol:

It doesn't seem to record your fastest lap for posterity if you do it int he Private Test session either, which is annoying. I beat my Caterham/Knockhill time by half a second but it's lost.

Try the LaFerrari around Knockhill. It's hilarious.

Neither that or the 918 recover their battery charge once it's deleted though, think that's a bug.

Where are the settings for "loose"? Havent really played with it much.

--

Strong Broo Racing

Go into car setup. Then press Load, you'll see the 3 pre-defined setups.

--

Tim

_Tim_ said...

Go into car setup. Then press Load, you'll see the 3 pre-defined setups.

Not on xbox. Nothing there.

--

Strong Broo Racing

That's a bit crap. I'm not surprised though it's buggy as fvck

--

Tim

Yep, couldn't find them. It seems like you should also be able to download other people's setups but I can't do that either.

Also I noticed that the forcefeedback and handling kept deteriorating the longer I drove then after a moderately lengthy period last night I could smell burning - G29 was overheating (could barely touch the body) and dialing back the FFB. Most unusual considering the FFB on this game is pretty weak but I remember reading about this happening on Project Cars 1.

Updated September 29, 2017 at 8:11 PM

--

How about not having a sig at all?

_Tim_ said...

That's a bit crap. I'm not surprised though it's buggy as fvck

Had to do a pitstop in the caterham as one tyre had zero PSI. Three times i started again from the pit garage and all the same - zero pressure.

--

Strong Broo Racing

Honda NSX road car is lovely to drive. I'm going through every track with random weather set just to try them all. Up to Circuit of Americas so far.

FFB is better on Immersive I think.

--

Tim

Struggling to make decent progress in any race against the competition.

Even on the default '60' opponent race skill, the top 75% of cars just drive away from me. The last 25% seem determined to crash into me. :lol: Think I need more practice.

--

Defacing the evo forum since 2000

_Tim_ said...

Honda NSX road car is lovely to drive. I'm going through every track with random weather set just to try them all. Up to Circuit of Americas so far.

FFB is better on Immersive I think.

I need to play with the FFB settings to make them a bit better.

--

Strong Broo Racing

After playing the game a bit more, have to say it's pretty dissapointing. Overly complex where is doesn't need to be and the number of bugs is insane.

I crashed the car in practice so returned to pit box for a fix. Go to exit from pit box and the car does a summersault in the box and the boot, bumper and all windows fly off! :lol::lol:

Go to start the race and nothing is fixed!:lol:

Another issue I have is the overly sensitive penalties - I honestly don't think ANY lap that the BTCC cars do at Knockhill would be legal.

Taran :arrow:

Updated September 30, 2017 at 1:14 PM

--

996 Carrera | B7 RS4 Avant | B8 A4 TDI Black Edition | Leon 1.6SE

tazsura said...

After playing the game a bit more, have to say it's pretty dissapointing. Overly complex where is doens't need to be and the number of bugs is insane.

I crashed the car in practice so returned to pit box for a fix. Go to exit from pit box and the car does a summersault in the box and boot, bumper and all windows fly off! :lol::lol:

Go to start the race and nothing is fixed!:lol:

Another issue I have is the overly sensitive penalties - I honestly don't think ANY lap that the BTCC cars do at Knockhill would be legal.

Or any race series

We call that the broome line

--

Strong Broo Racing

A bug that's getting on my nerves is when you do a custom race. You set off and crash at some point, doing some damage, so you click 'restart session'. Only when you restart you still have the car damage from before! You have to exit all the way out to the main game menu and load up the race again to get a 'new' car.

--

scotta said...

Or any race series

We call that the broome line

Yep! :lol:

Taran

--

_Who_ said...

A bug that's getting on my nerves is when you do a custom race. You set off and crash at some point, doing some damage, so you click 'restart session'. Only when you restart you still have the car damage from before! You have to exit all the way out to the main game menu and load up the race again to get a 'new' car.

Exactly this. Super annoying.

Updated September 30, 2017 at 1:19 PM

--

So whilst Project Cars 2 is buggy as fvck at the moment, annoying when some of it is basic stuff that shouldn't have got through whatever UAT they do, where it works it's fvckign epic.

The "live track" for example. I did a GT race at Spa of an hours duration, with 4 weather slots set - sunny, light rain, storm, clear. The way the weather comes in, track gets wetter in some places than others, then slowly drys out with an actual drying line visible and associated change in grip levels, is very very nice.

The AI is still mental. Once they patch all this cr*p out it'll be really really good.

Updated October 3, 2017 at 9:17 AM

--

Tim

A big Patch 2.0 is now out on Steam, if anyone is still playing this.

--

Tim

_Tim_ said...

A big Patch 2.0 is now out on Steam, if anyone is still playing this.

Yup, downloading now. 3.6GB patch after only 2 weeks! :shock:

--

It's better in places but still buggy as fvck, especially setups which is completely fubar.

--

Tim

_Tim_ said...

It's better in places but still buggy as fvck, especially setups which is completely fubar.

Totally. I'm also becoming increasingly annoyed at the penalties! Got barged off the track (hit on rear corner) by AI and I get the time penalty!

Taran :cry:

--

Prev | 123 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular