Forums > Any other business > Audi Q3 Rear Indicators

AUDI Q3 REAR INDICATORS
Previous | 12 | Next

I'd have more idea if a Q3 was planning on turning left or right by attempting to telepathically communicate with the driver. Those tiny shards of orange LED strips which "roll" out to the left/right are pretty much as thin as they could be and are helpfully surrounded by similar strips of red.

But never mind, I'm sure the idea was they'd look cool and that's all that matters.

--

Cheers,

Mike.

They're all at it now. And they are stupid.

And fvcking dangerous tbh.

This post was brought to you by someone who is getting grumpier by the day and should maybe just go and find a log cabin to live-in and a gun.

--

Cheers,

Mike.

wait till you see the OLED lights audi are starting to roll out :lol:

this will cheer you up 8)

Your link text

Updated May 19, 2017 at 4:08 PM

--

Existence is pain ...

WIBBLE

I think the dynamic lights are the ones Ascender is referring to, hence the comment about them "rolling out" from the inside out...

--

PDK frees up your left hand so you can scratch your vagina.

Yes they are tosh.

LED Headlights that dim or go out when you indicate also annoy me. :evil:

Updated May 19, 2017 at 4:20 PM

--

Putin said he didn't do it.

Nothing worse than when the fog lights go on to indicate the direction of the wheel turning on some VAG cars. I always think one bulb has blown.

--

M235i

They've even started putting the thin sliding led indicators on truck clusters now.

They're shite and take way more looking at than a simple on / off flashing section.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Just be thankful that there are indicators on new Audi's

--

Bro... be yourself. Just less so.

mik said...

:lol: sorry to snigger Giles, but that's the nicest cvnty phrase I've read for ages. Will recycle.

They are annoying. Even my wife commented.

--

"It's like he's immortal but sh1t" - @NotoriousRev
"You look like a Jelly Baby from down the back of the sofa"

Sheriff said...

Yes they are tosh.

I was reading about article about this (on Jalopnik IIRC). Regulatory requirement, not the choice of the carmakers.

--

DeskJockey
---
Driving a Galaxy far, far away

Is it not part of a dynamic lighting upgrade that is £2k? :lol:

Saw a Ford Mondeo on a 15 plate with these indicators today. White, small alloys, no idea what spec but not sporty. I guess it's an indictment of how few Ford sell that I hadn't noticed they had the awful flashers two years ago at least.

--

Wow was I impressed

Nobody buys cheap saloons these days. Saloons are pointless.

--

"It's like he's immortal but sh1t" - @NotoriousRev
"You look like a Jelly Baby from down the back of the sofa"

Alex_ said...

Nothing worse than when the fog lights go on to indicate the direction of the wheel turning on some VAG cars. I always think one bulb has blown.

I bloody hate this

Si_ said...

I think it was a hatchback, and discounts seem to be lower than on BMWs and Audis these days so not all that cheap. Not surprising they don't sell.

--

Wow was I impressed

Sheriff said...

Yes they are tosh.

Er, can't you see the point of those? Modern LED headlights and even driving lights, are now so bright that the indicators won't show up as well against them.

And the foglight thing isn't to act as an additional indicator, it's a cheap way of making "active" lights that help illuminate into a corner.
Although the whole point of a front foglight is to shine low down to illuminate kerbs and road markings, not to actually light up the road, so they're of limited value as cornering lights IMO.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

David_Yu said...

Although the whole point of a front foglight is to shine low down to illuminate kerbs and road markings, not to actually light up the road, so they're of limited value as cornering lights IMO.

Er indoors polo has them, they are only of use on slow speed tight turns in low light level situations IMO, they would light up pedestrians etc that the lights normally would miss thou

--

Existence is pain ...

WIBBLE

Jobbo said...

Si_ said...

I think it was a hatchback, and discounts seem to be lower than on BMWs and Audis these days so not all that cheap. Not surprising they don't sell.

I was looking up the price of a new Audi A4 for my dad and an SE 2.0 TDI with no optional extras cost £30470. I know you'll get some discount but frankly, prices of new cars have gone mad.

--

M235i

David_Yu said...

Sheriff said...

Yes they are tosh.

Er, can't you see the point of those? Modern LED headlights and even driving lights, are now so bright that the indicators won't show up as well against them.

And the foglight thing isn't to act as an additional indicator, it's a cheap way of making "active" lights that help illuminate into a corner.

You know the cornering lights aren't the same beam pattern as foglights, don't you?

As for the driving light dimming when indicating, it wouldn't be necessary if the indicator wasn't so close to the driving light. The mk4 Golf didn't have driving lights but the indicators in the front cluster were still mostly invisible because they're in a stupid place in the middle of the silver cluster.

--

Wow was I impressed

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular