Forums > Any other business > Harry's garage E30 M3

HARRY'S GARAGE E30 M3
Previous | 12 | Next

Your link text

--

< less than 80kg not a member of the 100 club.

I thought integrale_evo had built a garage for his oldest BMW when I saw the title.....

--

Wales Meet

Dan Webster "Your car actually sounded quite good from up there"

:lol:

--

< less than 80kg not a member of the 100 club.

Give it a couple of years and a few extensions and I'll have a garage big enough to house the whole fleet :lol:

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Interesting what he says about the Mercs - they actually have the same box and if you update the bushes & linkage, they're a nice box. The 2.5 Mercs are a nice engine too. Built like a tank as well

--

Wales Meet

2.5-16 was probably the first performance car I drove - so I love them.

Great vid 8) , but why say "I had one of these and this one is literally identical" .... apart from the colour, and the fact it's RR special, etc etc...

mik said...

Great vid 8) , but why say "I had one of these and this one is literally identical" .... apart from the colour, and the fact it's RR special, etc etc...

my thoughts exactly!

--

Cheers

Rich

Mike1215 said...

Interesting what he says about the Mercs - they actually have the same box and if you update the bushes & linkage, they're a nice box. The 2.5 Mercs are a nice engine too. Built like a tank as well

Yep, gearboxes are identical mechanically. Seem to remember the merc one has the bellhousing as part of the front casing where as on the e30 it's a separate bolt on part so they're not directly interchangeable.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

That fact that so many 190 Cosworth Autos are about always put me off them.

--

President Trump. President fucking Trump. We're doomed!

Sheriff said...

That fact that so many 190 Cosworth Autos are about always put me off them.

Oh yes, I'd be put off the 190 autos.....but the manual 2.5s are great handling things. Steering is a bit quicker than the M3 too

Hearing Harry talk about the M3 engine, I wonder if he shares the EVO view that it's the best BMW M car produced

Updated April 22, 2017 at 5:20 PM

--

Wales Meet

Always fancied trying a z3 or lhd purple tag rack on mine but never got round to it. The steering is very slow even though it's quicker than the normal e30s, which is another thing that makes rhd conversions a bit rubbish.

Don't think he mentioned values or investment potential anywhere in the film, I guess he doesn't rate them as very good vfm otherwise with his space and wealth he'd have bought one rather than borrowed one.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Good vid, enjoyed watching. I always think the best vids are where he has personal history with the model.

Good to hear his honest view that the engine doesn't have enough torque, wished it had a turbo. So it was the GT86 of its day ? ;)

Amused by 'lets go Christmas shopping... in Florence', that's a loong drive in any car. Also that he thought it would be quicker than his Elan, I'd never had expected that given the weight difference, Elans are bloody quick!

Samoht said...

Good vid, enjoyed watching. I always think the best vids are where he has personal history with the model.

Good to hear his honest view that the engine doesn't have enough torque, wished it had a turbo. So it was the GT86 of its day ? ;)

Amused by 'lets go Christmas shopping... in Florence', that's a loong drive in any car. Also that he thought it would be quicker than his Elan, I'd never had expected that given the weight difference, Elans are bloody quick!

Pretty sure the figures are very similar to a gt86, which is why I've always said they're too slow. You can forgive it if the e30 because it has a vintage charm and an old school chassis to go along with it.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

--

Wales Meet

I spend more time fixing this than driving it. Wish I could afford an M3...

Updated April 23, 2017 at 3:25 AM

--

I'd rather be wrong than dull

Great video; I didn't know the ins-and-outs about the rear window and boot lid.

And such a handsome looking car 8)

--

Greatest FWD ever & ECOTY 1998

I wonder if Harry includes homologation specials like below in his comments re box arches

--

Wales Meet

Watched it again on a proper screen. He owned one but doesn't know how to work the check control? It flashes check every time you turn the ignition on because it doesn't self test the brake lights. Press the brake pedal and if goes out. The button is only to check the lights work. Or if a warning has come up to acknowledge you've seen it.

Other button next to the window switch? It's a resettable fuse for the electric windows.

Oddly that car has the premium audio upgrade with the tweeters in the back of the mirror trims, but no headunit.

Nice to see plenty of rev limiter action, it is far too easy to hit :D

And you can buy a modern BMW with less torque, the 118i only has 162lb/ft

Updated April 24, 2017 at 9:52 PM

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

integrale_evo said...

Watched it again on a proper screen. He owned one but doesn't know how to work the check control? It flashes check every time you turn the ignition on because it doesn't self test the brake lights. Press the brake pedal and if goes out. The button is only to check the lights work. Or if a warning has come up to acknowledge you've seen it.

:D yep, this was another part of the vid that put a big smile on my face and reminded me of my e30's - I may have said "press the brake pedal" out loud....

--

Cheers

Rich

To be fair, it may well think the brake light is out even after he's pressed the pedal. My first E34 did that because the bulbs were old so the resistance had changed from new, though they still worked. Just replaced the bulbs and the warning went.

--

Wow was I impressed

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular