Forums > Gaming > nVidia 1080ti

NVIDIA 1080TI
Prev | 12 | Next

Mr Pisch said...

its running stably at just under 2ghz out of the box with a temp of 60c and incredibly quiet, like the 980 version

Top man 8)

t3acherboy said...

Mr Pisch said...

i will need to unload my 980 ti amp extreme black edition along with the 3770k and 64gb of DDR ram from my old system :D

How much are you looking to get for the 3770k? Would be an easy upgrade for my 2500k in my z68 board (have yet to see a compelling reason to upgrade the platform as yet but am considering it if i don't go 3*70k))

980 ti amp extreme

dunno mate, i was considering selling it with the board and RAM as its a nice setup

the CPU i have is an LGA2011, its hugely powerful even by todays standards but does run hot, surprisingly it benchmarks the same as my new CPU

i think its this one a 3930k (its defiantly 6 core)

Rampage IV black edition

Updated May 18, 2017 at 9:53 AM

--

Existence is pain ...

WIBBLE

I'm still on my 2500k as well 8) I bought that bad-boy back in 2012! 5 years and still going strong. Even survived a surge that took out my mobo and gfx card.

ShockDiamonds said...

I'm toying with the idea of dropping £400 on a 1070, so I can run the Rift with increased pixel upscaling. But 700 quid on a graphics card is impressive 8) even allowing for the cash I would get back in selling the current 970.

Upscaling makes a massive difference on VR - ED and AC looks so much better, but it's absolutely hammers the PC.

--

AMG Owners

Mr Pisch said...

t3acherboy said...

Mr Pisch said...

i will need to unload my 980 ti amp extreme black edition along with the 3770k and 64gb of DDR ram from my old system :D

How much are you looking to get for the 3770k? Would be an easy upgrade for my 2500k in my z68 board (have yet to see a compelling reason to upgrade the platform as yet but am considering it if i don't go 3*70k))

980 ti amp extreme

dunno mate, i was considering selling it with the board and RAM as its a nice setup

the CPU i have is an LGA2011, its hugely powerful even by todays standards but does run hot, surprisingly it benchmarks the same as my new CPU

i think its this one a 3930k (its defiantly 6 core)

Rampage IV black edition

Ah - You'd said 3770k in the post and i'd thought you had an upgrade to feed the 1080ti some extra data to chew on and wanted rid of a 3770k instead of the 980ti. Nevermind - will stick with what i've got for the moment (2500k and evga 970ssc)

--

New exhaust valves and pipework fitted

Matty_ said...

I'm still on my 2500k as well 8) I bought that bad-boy back in 2012! 5 years and still going strong. Even survived a surge that took out my mobo and gfx card.

for 99% of gamers there would be no benefit in changing the 3930k its still a beast of a cpu

but the new CPU is much stronger in single thread applications, i spend 90% of my time playing warcraft which is single thread bound because of the age of the engine

--

Existence is pain ...

WIBBLE

t3acherboy said...

Ah - You'd said 3770k in the post and i'd thought you had an upgrade to feed the 1080ti some extra data to chew on and wanted rid of a 3770k instead of the 980ti. Nevermind - will stick with what i've got for the moment (2500k and evga 970ssc)

yeah my bad, i cba to memorise the damn cpu numbers :p

--

Existence is pain ...

WIBBLE

I also upgraded to the 1080Ti the Nvidia launch edition so no fancy cooling, the only time I notice any noise from the card is when it first starts up games in full 4k/ultra settings. It is a huge step up from my previous first-generation Titan 6GB card.

The VR image is so much clearer and stable. I mostly play sim racing games and for AC, pCARS and the new RFactor 2 VR it is all round superb even in online races where the Titan struggled most. From what I've seen on Rift and Vive all the latest Nvidia cards from 1060 upwards do a much better job with VR.

--

Mark
STEAM & Xbox One: MBK72

Chaps, what's the 1080Ti to have currently? Seems like there's a million versions of it.

--

Tim

Skoda Octavia vRS. Ducati 748 Biposto. BMW R1200RT SE. SERV Volunteer.

_Tim_ said...

Chaps, what's the 1080Ti to have currently? Seems like there's a million versions of it.

any with a big heatsink that covers 3 pci slots:lol:

i have a budget spec rx580 on order cant wait, be sad to see my sli gtx465 replaced but its time too past it now

Prev | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular