Forums > Gaming > nVidia 1080ti

NVIDIA 1080TI
Previous | 1 | Next

Glad I held off buying the 1080, looks like time to replace the 2x 980ti cards.

Was just going to put this on your PS4 thread. Updates seem to be coming out quicker and quicker for all platforms these days..

--

Cheers,

Ian

How much do you want for you 980Ti's ? ;)

--

ClubLupo

Matty_ said...

How much do you want for you 980Ti's ? ;)

Haha, haven't we been here before? ??

I'd be looking at £325 per card or £600 for both (reminder they're the most awesome and silent Gigabyte Waterforce 980ti)

Updated March 2, 2017 at 11:03 PM

i am holding out for the amp extreme version, i have the 980ti AE black edition and it is vastly faster than the stock 980 ti

--

Existence is pain ...

WIBBLE

I'm going to get a 1080ti, but not sure if I'd be happy with the Founders Edition as I gather it's pretty noisy.

Any idea when the 3rd party cards are out. ?

Finally got me a 1080ti. (Gigabyte Aorus, non-extreme version). I'm liking it, nice to have a single card rather than faffing with SLI. Runs quiet too, so no real need for watercooling.

This is my mates standard 1080ti Founders Edition

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/18712740

This is my card tweaked slightly

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/19349557

Updated April 17, 2017 at 9:39 PM

How does it compare (score wise/FPS wise) to your "old" 980Ti's ?

--

ClubLupo

Matty_ said...

How does it compare (score wise/FPS wise) to your "old" 980Ti's ?

It depends on how the games would scale with SLI.

Games such as Deus Ex Mankind Divided was poor at SLI scaling so there's a noticable jump in performance.

There's less stuttering too.

I've also bought a VR front panel for the PC since the GPU also has a front facing HDMI port. This way I can plug the Oculus into the front of my PC rather than round the back.. not just for convenience, but it also gains another foot or two in extra cable length for VR

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular