Forums > Any other business > No Trump thread?

NO TRUMP THREAD?

NotoriousREV said...

JL said...

What on earth did he have to gain from proclaiming Jerasulem as the capital of Israel?! Seriously - someone explain it to me in short words, with pictures if possible.

According to his speech: 1) it's in America's best interest (no, I don't get that) and 2) It'll mean more peace in the Middle East (totally failing to see the logic there too).

In reality, the ultra-conservative, right-wing US Christian groups that support Trump have been pushing for it as it secures Jerusalem for the 2nd coming of Christ. That's right, the Leader of the Free World has provoked an entire, unstable region in order to keep an area clear for a character from a book to show up. All I can say is: he'd better get here soon or we're fvcked.

I think you know I'm not normally lost for an answer Dave, but the above (100% accurate) is just breathtaking, isn't it. I mean - again - WOW.

--

It feels like that. Like a donkey. On a skateboard.

He also had some wealthy Jewish donors give large sums of cash to his campaign, and they've since been getting a bit tetchy at the fact he's not been delivering what they wanted - Jerusalem recognised as Israel's capital. :roll:

Out of interest, given that the government of Israel regards Jerusalem as its capital, on what basis do other governments think it appropriate to claim that somewhere else is more suitable as the capital? I can't think of any other example of this happening.

I am well aware that Jerusalem is a holy city for other religions (although it's not their most holy city) and that the status of East Jerusalem is in dispute. I'm also aware that there is a 'status quo' and that some people may be upset at any changes to that (although the same argument can be applied in reverse, e.g. the status quo is that the Gaza Strip is part of Israel). I'm just trying to understand the logic of the pre-Trump stance. Please try not to use the word 'wealthy' or 'Zionist' when replying!

Jonathan

It was a diplomatic measure to not take sides over a disputed territory as far as I understand.

Also Zionist is entirely the correct term to use when it comes to this decision. The Establishment of Jerusalem as the Israeli capital is one of the core aims of the movement.

--

I often drive for a road travel

Isn't the expression "Zionist", used in the pejorative sense, frowned upon these days...

--

People once said...

"You're right Dinny"

Dinny_G said...

Isn't the expression "Zionist", used in the pejorative sense, frowned upon these days...

It's a bit like Nazi. It's not cool to throw as a slur, unless the person is a Nazi.

--

Discoc*nts

1st and 3rd places FECPOTY Shed of the Year 2016

Aye, it's become the catchphrase for a bunch of anti-semitic conspiracy crap but it's also a recognised nationalist movement within Israel.

--

This'll be another thing that Trump never releases. He's supposed to get a medical by an Army doctor early next year :roll: all other presidents released the results, he won't as it will show just how bad his health is

A couple of weeks on, and it seems nothing has kicked off (or blown up). What was the issue?

Isn't Jerusalem the capital anyway? If so, what was the issue again?

Updated December 21, 2017 at 3:04 PM

--

Bro... be yourself. Just less so.

mik said...

:lol: sorry to snigger Giles, but that's the nicest cvnty phrase I've read for ages. Will recycle.

securitycheck said...

A couple of weeks on, and it seems nothing has kicked off (or blown up). What was the issue?

Other than the mass protests, people being beaten up by the security services, Hamas getting fired on by Israeli rockets, you mean?

Israel claim it's the capital, Palestinians also claim Jerusalem. Therefore, every country in the world, except the USA, is sticking to recognising Tel Aviv until the Israelis and Palestinians come to an agreement and thus not taking sides in the debate. Trump has trampled all over that and made it clear that, during a time when the US is supposed to be helping negotiate a lasting peace agreement between the 2 sides, they clearly favour the Israeli point of view.

--

Discoc*nts

Just another day in the ME then.

--

mik said...

:lol: sorry to snigger Giles, but that's the nicest cvnty phrase I've read for ages. Will recycle.

Oh, and also Trump has threatened the entire UN that a) they'll be taking note of every country that votes against them in the upcoming resolution to force the US to reverse their decision and b) any country that they provide aid to that votes against them will have their aid withdrawn.

So yeah, nothing much of consequence has happened :roll:

--

Discoc*nts

NotoriousREV said...

securitycheck said...

Other than the mass protests, people being beaten up by the security services, Hamas getting fired on by Israeli rockets, you mean?

Israel claim it's the capital, Palestinians also claim Jerusalem.

Pretty sure this has been happening since before I was born.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

[quote="NotoriousREV"

So yeah, nothing much of consequence has happened :roll:
[/quote]

We got an $11k tax cut from the Orangutang. Shame the country got a$1trillion per year deficit and the tax law changes shovels all the benefits to the rich and destroys obamacare. Apparently deficits only matter when you're not giving your donors huge tax breaks :roll: for avoidance of doubt I a. Not a kebab.

They really are cvnts.

Updated December 21, 2017 at 3:35 PM

Yeah, just heard about the UN thing. Havn't caught up with the news for a couple days.

--

mik said...

Mito Man said...

NotoriousREV said...

securitycheck said...

Israel claim it's the capital, Palestinians also claim Jerusalem.

Pretty sure this has been happening since before I was born.

Yes, as have lots of things, but even with your stunted intellect, I'm sure you can understand that if the frequency and intensity of something increases as a reaction to something else, those things are linked. It's a bit like looking at today's Melbourne incident and claiming people get run over by cars all the time.

--

Discoc*nts

securitycheck said...

Yeah, just heard about the UN thing. Havn't caught up with the news for a couple days.

Maybe should've read a bit of news before bumping a thread for a sarky comment :lol:

--

zedleg said...

securitycheck said...

Maybe should've read a bit of news before bumping a thread for a sarky comment :lol:

Correct about the UN. Wasn't trying to be sarky in the first instance. As I said, just another day.

--

mik said...

securitycheck said...

Just another day in the ME then.

Well, pretty much this tbh.

--

It feels like that. Like a donkey. On a skateboard.

UN condemns DT's decision in their vote today. Hardly surprising.

--

“Agree. F430 Scud was the best automated manual ever created for me.” Harry Metcalfe, Dec ‘17.

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular