Forums > Tech > ANDROID - reliable phones

ANDROID - RELIABLE PHONES
Prev | 12345678910 | Next

Looking for something budget to replace my old old old Nexus. Mrs has an S7 which is great but S/H prices are still a bit on the high side for something I'm likely to break. What's decent <£200?

Through EE broadband I get a 5GB SIM for £11pm so not looking at any packages.

Bloody annoyed that EE prohibits the 5GB data boost on any of the deals from moneysupermarket or I'd have an S7 :(

RobYob said...

Looking for something budget to replace my old old old Nexus. Mrs has an S7 which is great but S/H prices are still a bit on the high side for something I'm likely to break. What's decent <£200?

Through EE broadband I get a 5GB SIM for £11pm so not looking at any packages.

Bloody annoyed that EE prohibits the 5GB data boost on any of the deals from moneysupermarket or I'd have an S7 :(

See link below for Wileyfox website. I have an original Swift which my mother is now using and it's a cracking phone so I can highly recommend their stuff. Great quality & prices.
Clickety clack

--

SD said.....

...it looked like a dog with worms, dragging its arse across the lawn.

McSwede said...

See link below for Wileyfox website. I have an original Swift which my mother is now using and it's a cracking phone so I can highly recommend their stuff. Great quality & prices.
Clickety clack

Saw WF swift 2 on special on Amazon for 150, very tempting.

Ended up getting a wileyfox swift 2 plus for £120 off fleabay. Factory refurbished and seems faultless, very pleased so far.

Cheeeep

Had the Wileyfox phone for a week now and it's hard to fault and think I got a bit of bargain. For what I use it for Nav/net/FB it's as fast and usable as the Mrs' S7.

Like the fingerprint scanner on the back more than I thought I would.

Camera is not as good as the S7's but good enough. Likewise the external speaker.

I like Iphone over android 8)

I bought a Motorola G4 to go travelling with for the princely sum of £160. It's been faultless and has now become my main phone, replacing the HTC One M8 I had.

--

Something witty goes here.....

If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.

Probably a bit late but if you have an LG G3 (and probably a G4 and G5 as well) and are suffering from the screen fading to black (looks like the power has been disconnected and the colour fades outs), then it's a known fault of the phone.

Both my daugher's (after 2 years) and wife's (2.5 years) had the exact same problem within a month of each other.

It's due to heat buildup causing the connections to the motherboard to crack as the phone heats and cools.

The drastic fix is to bake the motherboard for 10 mins at 180 degrees. This presumably melts and reconnects the solder.

I've done it to both phones and they are both working fine now.
It's probably a temp fix and I might need to do it again but the phones are usable again.

The other common issue is the infinite boot loop. That is fixed by having a new battery. My wife's phone did this immediately after I'd baked it and I thought I'd caused it. However, got a working battery from a mate (who also has the fading to black screen issue) and that fixed it.

Nice phones but terrible build flaw.

Updated August 12, 2017 at 12:52 AM

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular