Forums > Any other business > Brexit - The movie

BREXIT - THE MOVIE

It's not a dictatorship, and they don't do an awful lot of ruling except applying consistent standards, tariffs, laws etc across an economic area.

I'm surprised that you're not advocating the feudal manorial system where the landowner rules over you. Can't get more local than that.

--

Wow was I impressed

Jobbo said...

It's not a dictatorship

:lol::lol::lol:

Try and leave and what happens....

...you find that the rules imposed by relations with the constituent parts of your union make it almost impossible. So it's our own doing, caused by our own rulers who you're so keen to be ruled by :lol:

--

Wow was I impressed

Broccers_ said...

Jobbo said...

It's not a dictatorship

:lol::lol::lol:

Try and leave and what happens....

I'd say it was more of an extortion racket than a dictatorship

Jobbo said...

...you find that the rules imposed by relations with the constituent parts of your union make it almost impossible. So it's our own doing, caused by our own rulers who you're so keen to be ruled by :lol:

Id vote Labour if they were in my line of thought. Simple really. I don't get a say on EU laws.

You did, by voting for your MEP. You won't under this new system but it looks very much like we'll still be subject to them. So worst of all worlds, but hey - we're leaving.

--

Wow was I impressed

Jobbo said...

You did, by voting for your MEP. You won't under this new system.

Would they be the same MEPs who when voting against a particular piece of EU legislation were outvoted by the other member states?

You're right, under the new system that won't happen

exiges said...

Jobbo said...

Would they be the same MEPs who when voting against a particular piece of EU legislation were outvoted by the other member states?

You're right, under the new system that won't happen

Yes, just like your local MP might get outvoted by other MPs, or your local councillor might get outvoted by other local councillors, or your local parish councillor might get outvoted by other local parish councillors. Welcome to democracy.

Of course, the UK voted with the majority 87% of the time. Germany were most often on the losing side of all EU member states. You know, the Germany trying to rule us by stealth.

Updated December 8, 2017 at 1:39 PM

--

Discoc*nts

1st and 3rd places FECPOTY Shed of the Year 2016

NotoriousREV said...

Yes, just like your local MP might get outvoted by other MPs

Both of which the UK public can vote for.

exiges said...

Jobbo said...

Indeed - that's known as democracy. Wasn't that what you wanted?

--

Wow was I impressed

exiges said...

NotoriousREV said...

Yes, just like your local MP might get outvoted by other MPs

Both of which the UK public can vote for.

The UK public can vote for their MEP. What's your point?

--

Discoc*nts

Maybe try pistonheads Dave?

Are you actually positive about anything?

:lol:

Maybe you should try PH broccers, you'd fit right in.

--

I often drive for a road travel

Broccers_ said...

Maybe try pistonheads Dave?

Are you actually positive about anything?

Yes, I'm positive about good things. There are zero upsides to Brexit.

--

Discoc*nts

:D

Nope

I notice none of the Brexiters on here have made any real effort to present the positives. Instead, it's simply sound bites, personal attacks or "I've already discussed this and won't do it again". :lol:

--

Discoc*nts

There are lots of positives, Rev. Todays's announcement that we'll stay in the single market and customs union, for instance.

--

Wow was I impressed

--

Discoc*nts

Your link text

What a sycophantic traitorous cvnt, if true. Sniveling c0cksucker of the year goes to Barber. Less than a month to supersede this.

Anyway - there are lots of positives to Brexit. Whether or not you consider them on balance to make the whole enterprise worthwhile is a fair and debatable point but to decry there being no benefit at all is facile.

I'm sure the point is made in jest otherwise true remaniac fever has clearly taken over amongst the ostensibly floating voters of this parish ;)

Updated December 9, 2017 at 12:16 AM

--

PDK frees up your left hand so you can scratch your vagina.

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular