Forums > Any other business > Brexit - The movie

BREXIT - THE MOVIE

Sisu said...

The sad reality is to look at your own situation. Since Brexit has Britain become a fast, agile and open economy? Has your own business or workplace become unshackeled from European regulations and looking to a world wide market.

We haven't left the EU yet, HTH

exiges said...

Sisu said...

The sad reality is to look at your own situation. Since Brexit has Britain become a fast, agile and open economy? Has your own business or workplace become unshackeled from European regulations and looking to a world wide market.

We haven't left the EU yet, HTH

So Brexit gets the credit for reduced immigration now, but when it comes to the perceived downsides it's "Brexit hasn't happened yet". Pathetic.

--

Discoc*nts

1st and 3rd places FECPOTY Shed of the Year 2016

Evostick said...

The English Lion will roar across the globe again.
It really won't. The days of empire are long gone and there are neither the skills nor the political will to turn it around. Nobody is banging down Britain's door asking to get a seat at the table

You're just blinded by your prejudice and fear of the unknown.
Prejudiced against the people that lied and manipulated for their own petty political ambitions? It would have been nice if they gave the UK something to be positive about, say a plan for what post-Brexit Britain would look like and how to get there. That way we could spend less time fearing the unknown.

Although, come to think of it, it isn't really an unknown anymore is it? Government is miserably failing the electorate by continuing to lie and pretend that Britain can somehow muscle the EU into doing its bidding. It won't happen.

You need to stop living in the past.
You're the one thinking the british lion will roar again. As I said, it won't because the others won't let it. The US will not, with Trump as president, do anything to benefit Britain, deals with any of the other larger economies will be on their terms, they have a lot more clout. But enjoy your chlorinated chicken...

Open your heart and recognise this wind of change as being invigorating.

Not just bloody cold.
What exactly do you think it is invigorating? The petty-minded racists that suddenly think they can assault foreigners in the street? Nigel Farage's fortunes (he is keeping his EU pension after all)? The Tory party? I'm genuinely curious to know what you think will happen.

And dry yer eyes.

--

DeskJockey
---
Driving a Galaxy far, far away

I was just trying to wind Rev up but thanks for taking the time :)

Evostick said...

NotoriousREV said...

I look forward to 2 years time when it comes to the end of my Golf lease, I'll be able to have my pick of the Buick Regal or Dodge Dart

Don't count on it. You probably won't have a job anymore :D

No more I can't cope with work situation threads?

Shame.

Broccers_ said...

Evostick said...

NotoriousREV said...

I look forward to 2 years time when it comes to the end of my Golf lease, I'll be able to have my pick of the Buick Regal or Dodge Dart

Shame.

They're "I can't cope with idiots" threads, which is why I struggle with Brexiters.

--

Discoc*nts

This is the thing I wonder about Brexit, everyone is full of romantic nationalistic views, like Gary Liniker at a world cup qualifier.
But how has the last 9 months been in terms of tangible contracts and shifts into new markets?
Most of the UK companies I work with have been shitting the bed in terms of basic logitical aspects of their business and while some have welcomed the £ dropping to increase exports this has been as one Yorkshireman put it "a shine to someone pissing on their shoes"

--

If you don't look back after parking your car, you didn't buy the right one

Brexit has a lot in common with our World Cup performances. Let's hope we crash out in the quarter finals.

--

Discoc*nts

NotoriousREV said...

Broccers_ said...

Evostick said...

NotoriousREV said...

Shame.

They're "I can't cope with idiots" threads, which is why I struggle with Brexiters.

Can't cope with tradesmen either :(

Maybe you could go on a course or something to learn how to be less fragile.

Maybe you could go and watch a rabbit get killed with theGavster.

Become a proper man, like?.

NotoriousREV said...

Sisu said...

Or have they looked to move overseas

Let's see: I've lost (non-UK, EU) staff who were tired of the abuse they were getting in the street after the referendum, or the uncertainty and instability was too much for them. They've either returned home or moved to other EU countries.

I am lucky that me and the family are almost completely insulated to that kind of nastiness because it's not obvious that Australians or any other Commonweathians actually have very little right of residence or work in the UK beyond youth visas. If my kids were copping abuse at school it'd probably be sadly time to head South again.

The UK automotive industry and I imagine most other STEMs have been patching the shortfalls in their own HR budgets and planning by importing a lot of people. The lack of graduate places at all the companies I've worked over the years at has saddened/concerned me for a long time. Short term it keeps my workload high, but long term, maybe whole industries will just move if they can't get enough people at the right cost.

Evostick said...

Maybe you could go and watch a rabbit get killed with theGavster.

Become a proper man, like?.

Return to hunter gatherers 'r'us. Great stuff.

I'm glad this vote has united the country so much again. Can't wait for the no deal Brexit to hit, at that point we can assess whether "project fear" was actually project fear, or rather just project reality.

Christmas no.1 maybe?

Your link text

Evostick said...

NotoriousREV said...

Broccers_ said...

Evostick said...

NotoriousREV said...

Shame.

Can't cope with tradesmen either :(

No wonder he's become the angry local in his neighbourhood.

RobYob said...

Evostick said...

NotoriousREV said...

Please list these reasons to be optimistic because I can't see a single one.

The English Lion will roar across the globe again.

2 : 0 :D

In all seriousness it is true there is always opportunities the come with change and I say that as RemainVotingCommonwealthcitizenusingdualEUpassporttoworkintheUKyesit'sweird-er, but based on the information available it doesn't seem like any of these are being particularly well grasped by those in charge.

Not a lot of the sixteen millions remainers are going to stop criticizing Brexit until a compelling vision of the future is unveiled.

That vision may well be a hard departure from the EU, but where's the "roar" going to come from? Fast tracked agreement's with the Commonwealth? The USA? Time to put on the Elgar and uncover your next Churchill because the limping bureaucratic process at the moment inspires very view.

Quite ironic that...
Given in what was far from Churchill's finest hour he brokered the treaty that created partition in northern ireland

Well, I'm glad we're no longer stuck in a Catch 22 situation with the Irish border, but I'm still not clear how it's been resolved. Anyway, forward to leaving we go and there genuinely isn't any prospect now of us remaining (I didn't think there was before, since Art.50 seemed pretty final, but now we may even go with an actual deal).

However, Charles Dodgson would be proud:

"Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things." "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

--

Wow was I impressed

Is this groundbreaking or common sense?

Next thing to have a paddy about? Look forward the moaning about that too.

Seems everyone born in NI will remain an EU citizen :lol: That's a bit of a fudge, isn't it? Don't expect those pesky Scots to sit quietly and accept that.

ETA: and being EU citizens, the ECJ will have jurisdiction over them - that is contrary to May's point 6 above.

Updated December 8, 2017 at 9:59 AM

--

Wow was I impressed

Listen, as long as Brussels doesnt rule over my country I would happily be in the EU. Its about control for me not immigrants or other smokescreen you remainers all fell for.

:)

Good for you - I bet you have been feeling terribly oppressed.

You may well still end up an EU citizen after the deal is finalised. Even I didn't think a soft Brexit would be this soft.

--

Wow was I impressed

It amazes me that you / people are happy to be ruled by another entity to their own elected government.

You have scots on here saying ooooh we want to be controlled by the EU but not London. Why is that then? Whats the reason?

One thing is for sure this wont be discussed at parties unless you are wanting to fall out with the person for ever. Not a bad tool.

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular