Forums > Any other business > Brexit - The movie

BREXIT - THE MOVIE

zedleg said...

IanF said...

zedleg said...

GG said...

RJW said...

Boris drops out.:shock:

Didn't see that coming. Does this mean people slandering him as just being in it to make PM now recant or are they just going to shift focus onto him being a quitter?

Also interesting to see some on the left/pro-immigration were tilting towards May rather than Boris - doesn't make any sense at all.

So much for the Norway option of free trade + (potentially slightly modified) free movement, then :(

As has been said many times, I don't think he expected to win the ref and now that he's seen what a cluster fvck it is he's washing his hands of the whole thing :lol:.

That doesn't make sense though. If we'd voted to Remain, Cameron/Osbourne would've buried him. :?

He'd never been a particularly strong eurosceptic until recently and at some points had been quite complimentary towards the union. So why would he make himself the face of the leave campaign? He was using it to keep his profile up while he figured out what to do next. He was unlikely to get a good job in a Cameron government anyway as rumours suggest that Cameron's gang don't like him. Also Cameron was leaving no matter what happened.

U'd say the plan was lead leave, raise support from the party but lose graciously then use the party support to position himself for a leadership run when Cameron goes.

They fvcked it up though :lol:.

I'd say this is a pretty good analysis of the situation. Nobody was more surprised that we won on friday morning than Boris and Gove.

--

Defacing the evo forum since 2000

exiges said...

Swervin_Mervin said...

Boris is probably playing the long game

I think it was the right move, he's not really a 'details' man, and I think you need to be for that job.

I think May will do a good job.

I think the civil servants sort out the details - big picture views are far more important for the PM.

In the 6 days since the result, the invocation of Art.50 has first been put back to September (by Cameron, as he resigned) and now to the end of the year (by May today). That's 6 months' delay in 6 days. Bets on it actually happening...?

--

Wow was I impressed

Any vote levers on here regretting their choice yet? (genuine Q btw)

Updated June 30, 2016 at 1:04 PM

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

Gwaredd said...

Any vote levers on here regretting their choice yet?

No. What would cause anyone to change their mind ?

If anything it's the Remainers who feared the world collapsing, emergency budgets etc. only to find nothing changed would rethink.

Gwaredd said...

No.

Only discussing positives from now on.

Broccers_ said...

Gwaredd said...

No.

Only discussing positives from now on.

Is that why you've been so quiet?

--

I often drive for a road travel

exiges said...

Gwaredd said...

Being mugged off with flat out lies perhaps?

--

The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on.

IaFG Supercharged Muppet Division

Gwaredd said...

No. I was really split on this and in the end it came down to a little soul searching 30 mins or so before wandering over to the polling station (conveniently located about 200 yards from the house - location, location, location :))

Voted leave in the end, almost embarrassed to admit why but basically I identified with the apparent proliferation of rules around classic car ownership and not being able to do this, that and the other with them. Pretty thin I know but the fact was, I didn't really have a view either way. So that, plus my natural inclination to not be scared of change, tipped me in that direction.

Don't regret it, although speaking to my colleagues in the office, almost all of whom voted to remain, it's been an interesting week or so.

--

Get paid for your online content, reviews, likes and views

Social Coin Network

#SOCC: SNw1fKsNGzD7FJo66MPLCMvp4u5WVUgUsZ

exiges said...

Gwaredd said...

If anything it's the Remainers who feared the world collapsing, emergency budgets etc. only to find nothing changed would rethink.

Nothing changed?!

--

Cheers

Rich

Gwaredd said...

Not one bit.

unzippy said...

Being mugged off with flat out lies perhaps?

What are you referring to ?

:lol:

--

Discoc*nts

1st and 3rd places FECPOTY Shed of the Year 2016

I still think the whole thing is quite a farce and it's quite odd how the law has been brushed aside for politics.

Now part of me thinks leave is what most of the politicians secretly wanted...

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Mito Man said...

odd how the law has been brushed aside for politics.

What is that supposed to mean?

--

PDK frees up your left hand so you can scratch your vagina.

One rumour I heard today, was that staff at both Goldman Sachs and Nomura were banned from saying anything remotely pro-Brexit to the media, despite many/most harbouring thoughts it would be for the best.

exiges said...

One rumour I heard today, was that staff at both Goldman Sachs and Nomura were banned from saying anything remotely pro-Brexit to the media, despite many/most harbouring thoughts it would be for the best.

Serious question: can the City of London continue to be the world's (well Europe's at least) financial hub?

I think it's disingenuous to declare "what change?" this early into the unknown.

Certainly the emboldening of the racists isn't fictitious and a genuine and disturbing change for the worse.

The real issue is, if the EU want to discourage other nations from leaving, they kinda have to make us worse off trade wise.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

GG said...

Mito Man said...

The PM supposedly doesn't even have the power to enforce Article 50 without the backing of Parliament and so far it seems most of parliament are still in the remain camp.

--

exiges said...

I found it surprised that the only friends I know who voted leave work for large financial firms, to be honest I'm kind of leaning in the middle now where I think with a good government we can put ourselves in a better position but I'm looking at all the candidates and thinking we're fvcked :lol:

--

Mito Man said...

GG said...

Mito Man said...

The PM supposedly doesn't even have the power to enforce Article 50 without the backing of Parliament and so far it seems most of parliament are still in the remain camp.

Like all things, there seems to be a disagreement about whether an Act of Parliament is actually necessary...

--

Defacing the evo forum since 2000

exiges said...

Gwaredd said...

Don't fret, I'm not searching for a dig Rev style, just genuinely interested to see if anyone had changed their mind since leave won & everything seems to have (hopefully short term) gone to sh1t.

I was a remain, but firmly believe that the majority of the population voted with the same interest, and that was the of the good of our Country.

I am however, feeling a little uneasy with the fact that we have pulled anchor & are sailing with no-one to steer the ship. Really cross that Boris who was the main instigator for many, has washed his hands of it by turning down the job of PM. Hopefully he'll come good one way or another during negotiations & deals, but still, reminds me of this...

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular