Forums > Any other business > Brexit - The movie

BREXIT - THE MOVIE
Previous | 123..53..103104105 | Next

One fun fact, was the question of how many people working for the EU government get paid more than David Cameron. 10 people 20 people ? Try 10000 [ 12 minutes in ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTMxfAkxfQ0

Updated May 26, 2016 at 9:44 PM

Watched it the other day. Paxman's recent documentary was equally enlightening.

I'm voting out as the EU is fundamentally un-democratic.

--

My Flickr

DSP Active Speakers

It is food for thought for sure, and this documentary is very persuasive. The big thing for me is the obvious, we only get one chance to get out and I'm willing to bet they'll want us back if we do decide its not for us later in the day.

Barry said...

It is food for thought for sure, and this documentary is very persuasive. The big thing for me is the obvious, we only get one chance to get out and I'm willing to bet they'll want us back if we do decide its not for us later in the day.

Err in the same way that Scotland was 'once in a generation' and you can't shut them up about another one since they didn't get the result they wanted.;)

I started as pro EU, wavered, but came to realise that everyone is talking bollocks and that it's time to go with your gut.

I'm voting remain. I am relaxed about the Micking that will follow that statement.

--

Now stop trolling me you hat-wearing thundermut.

Once again I'm not voting as I don't believe in the voting system. Democracy my ass.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Mito Man said...

Once again I'm not voting as I don't believe in the voting system. Democracy my ass.

This is the purest form of democracy you can have. No FPTP. Simply one person one vote. The most votes wins. What's not to 'believe' in?

--

Defacing the evo forum since 2000

duncs500 said...

it's time to go with your gut.

This - but I'm voting Leave

--

People once said...

"You're right Dinny"

duncs500 said...

Barry said...

Err in the same way that Scotland was 'once in a generation' and you can't shut them up about another one since they didn't get the result they wanted.;)

Doesn't mean they'll ever get another vote though does it? ;)

Swervin_Mervin said...

duncs500 said...

Barry said...

Doesn't mean they'll ever get another vote though does it? ;)

I can't say I hear many people going on about another Indy ref here. Maybe yous are talking to the wrong people ;).

--

I often drive for a road travel

Salmond is...but does anyone listen to him anymore...

--

People once said...

"You're right Dinny"

No they do not :lol:. I was talking about actual people rather than politicians.

Although judging by the hilarious and still running Indy ref thread on boatshoes there are more angry English people still going on about it than Scottish people :lol:.

--

I cannot understand why the Scots who wanted to leave the UK want to remain part of the EU?
Surely if it's all about "taking control of our country" they wouldn't want to have the EU having a say in their government?

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Its simple - the scots are happy to be controlled by anyone other than the english ;)

David_Yu said...

I cannot understand why the Scots who wanted to leave the UK want to remain part of the EU?
Surely if it's all about "taking control of our country" they wouldn't want to have the EU having a say in their government?

I answered this in another thread but I can't find it. Independence wasn't about jingoistic nationalism for a lot of people. It was about moving towards a more federalised system of government.

As far as staying in the eu goes, with the lack of any effective campaigning on either side you have to go with your own intuition and mines says that there is more benefit to staying in than leaving.

I also find it physically impossible to agree with the bellend above :lol:.

Updated May 27, 2016 at 10:36 AM

--

It's all Mel Gibson's fault. He started all this...

--

People once said...

"You're right Dinny"

zedleg said...

As far as staying in the eu goes, with the lack of any effective campaigning on either side you have to go with your own intuition and mines says that there is more benefit to staying in than leaving.

Did you watch the video I linked ? Seems to be very effective at informing, and how anyone can vote remain after seeing it beggars belief.

I watched the start of it and it reeked of scare mongering propaganda, which is all we've had from either side. My mind is made up.

--

zedleg said...

David_Yu said...

I answered this in another thread but I can't find it. Independence wasn't about jingoistic nationalism for a lot of people. It was about moving towards a more federalised system of government.

I didn't fully understand your position in that thread either. And I call balls on it not being jingoistic nationalism for most people ;)

Point remains that if we already have our own difficulties in maintaining a small political and fiscal union of differing cultures, how can anyone possibly think that's going to work on a much larger scale with far more differing fiscal and political cultures?

It's that very problem that has resulted in the Eurozone's current problems of Germany vs PIIGS. They brushed the issues under the carpet at the outset and now they're biting them on the 4rse. Their answer seems to be to keep trying to brush them back under the carpet whilst beating them with the broom.

Updated May 27, 2016 at 11:24 AM

From the guy who bought you such insightful, factually correct documentaries as The Great Global Warming Swindle (oh sorry, I meant comprehensively debunked rubbish).

It seems to be implying that leaving the EU would mean we could return to the glorious and productive pre-war times. Times when we could make our own decisions about which countries to colonise and exploit, or giving the freedom from cumbersome regulations like making sure your factory workers don't get killed by machinery, or that your children aren't eating toxic paint off their toys.

But hey, fair play for pocketing £100k of Brexit crowdfunders' money and giving them exactly what they want.

Swervin_Mervin said...

zedleg said...

David_Yu said...

I didn't fully understand your position in that thread either. And I call balls on it not being jingoistic nationalism for most people ;)

Point remains that if we already have our own difficulties in maintaining a small political and fiscal union of differing cultures, how can anyone possibly think that's going to work on a much larger scale with far more differing fiscal and political cultures?

It's that very problem that has resulted in the Eurozone's current problems of Germany vs PIIGS. They brushed the issues under the carpet at the outset and now they're biting them on the 4rse. Their answer seems to be to keep trying to brush them back under the carpet whilst beating them with the broom.

I said a lot not most, I can't say whether most people were or not.

I'm well aware I won't get much agreement with my political views round here so I'm not going to argue. I know why I voted yes that time and I know why the people I know voted yes as well.

I also know how I'm voting in this ref. A movie with scary music and a shouty man that thinks general elections don't matter isn't going to change my mind.

--

Previous | 123..53..103104105 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular